Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Condor Wheel Chock  (Read 13815 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Condor Wheel Chock
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »

Always use the straps!

:2vrolijk_21:

Definitely.  And if you put them on plywood make sure the board has a long enough leading edge that the tire rolls up on the board completely before it begins engaging the chock.  No chance of sliding it in front of you this way.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 05:36:26 AM »

Not sure why this is such a hot topic? I have a lift that doesn't need the aid of a wheel chock. I never, and I repeat, never trailer my bike anywhere. My wife's bike was on a trailer once after a mishap but it was for one hour. Do you guy's trailer your bike to events or rallies, or just ride around with them?
I could be missing something here.  :nixweiss:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 06:19:50 AM »

Trailer to some. Ride to others.  Being from Canada, some of these events are of considerable distance. A lot of the members  myself included due to work schedules etc can only take a week's holidays at one time. Some events are 4 to 5 days round trip by bike. Trailering can knock off at least one day. Others use the chocks in their garage to keep the bike upright, saving a little room.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 06:33:46 AM »

point taken, but does hauling in trailer save much time? I can ride just as far, or farther, in a day as a truck and trailer and usually faster. Unless there is a new rally called Trailer Week. :P
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:43 AM »

When we  trailer we have 2 drivers and drive at least 18 hours. If we go to Daytona its 20 hours straight. 20 hours straight with one driver is too much on a bike, IMO.I  don't like driving the bike too early in the morning or late in the evening when it is dark. Too risky to hit a deer. I've hit a few in the cage but never on a bike & I'd prefer to keep it that way. ;D If I ride to the Dragon thats only 14 hours from my house & we do that in one day. THE MUFFMAN

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 07:30:58 AM »

We have two of the condor chocks.  Usually one is set up in the garage in case you want to drive a bike into it for working on the bike, one is folded up on the garage wall.  If we travel and need to haul a bike, the chock is easily moved to the desired hauling vehicle or trailer. 

The comments about whether one trailers or not, have nothing to do with the value of this accessory. 

I wish I had a trailer for hauling a bike or three everyone once in awhile.  Actually, the wish for one has come up at least once a year for the past three years when wanting to do and yet one more meeting with our CVO friends.  I am happy for those who have the health and constitution to be able to ride 20 hours a day, day after day on a cross country trip.  For my husband and I, we are very happy when we can roll 800 - 1000 miles a day, one after another.  We can travel much farther in a four wheel vehicle than two.  We tend to drive to our destinations as well, but that is mainly cause that is the only way we have.  When we both retire for good, a trailer is on our list of desired additions.  Just not sure if we want a trailer to haul the bikes or a trailer to haul behind them.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 07:35:21 AM »

We have two of the condor chocks.  Usually one is set up in the garage in case you want to drive a bike into it for working on the bike, one is folded up on the garage wall.  If we travel and need to haul a bike, the chock is easily moved to the desired hauling vehicle or trailer. 

The comments about whether one trailers or not, have nothing to do with the value of this accessory. 

I wish I had a trailer for hauling a bike or three everyone once in awhile.  Actually, the wish for one has come up at least once a year for the past three years when wanting to do and yet one more meeting with our CVO friends.  I am happy for those who have the health and constitution to be able to ride 20 hours a day, day after day on a cross country trip.  For my husband and I, we are very happy when we can roll 800 - 1000 miles a day, one after another.  We can travel much farther in a four wheel vehicle than two.  We tend to drive to our destinations as well, but that is mainly cause that is the only way we have.  When we both retire for good, a trailer is on our list of desired additions.  Just not sure if we want a trailer to haul the bikes or a trailer to haul behind them.
Or Both!  Right now, my trailer is in my trailer for winter storage!

Since I won't be moving down that way anytime soon (rejected the offer), my trailer will still be pretty far away but you know it is always there if you need it for a three thousand mile trip...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »

Always use the straps!

:2vrolijk_21:

Man, ya'll starting to scare me.  I'm about 6 years into the Condor chocks (3 in trailer/2 on floor in shop/1 permanent mount on lift) and have never had a problem.  Only thing I tie is the a$$ end in the trailer to keep it from sliding around.  I can't shake one out of this chock.  Maybe some are not adjusting the settings for enough compression pinch on the tire?

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 10:54:01 AM »

if it falls over and no one is there, does it make a sound?

Yes I definitely heard a screaming when I opened the door!

And yes,  now I use the straps when its on the lift.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »

Yes I definitely heard a screaming when I opened the door!

And yes,  now I use the straps when its on the lift.

You're lucky it didn't fall on the old car. THE MUFFMAN

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »

Not sure why this is such a hot topic? I have a lift that doesn't need the aid of a wheel chock. I never, and I repeat, never trailer my bike anywhere. My wife's bike was on a trailer once after a mishap but it was for one hour. Do you guy's trailer your bike to events or rallies, or just ride around with them?
I could be missing something here.  :nixweiss:

I pretty much always have my bike in the trailer behind me.  Keep it there just in case.

Never know when you might have a few minutes to stop and ride around for eight or ten miles before having to head on to the next thing to do. 

Can't ever ride very far at any one time though.  Was just explained somewhere here that with the Corbin seat I can't ride the bikes too far so that explains it all.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »

In my garage, I have it bolted to the floor and have never had a problem with the bike tipping in 4 years. In the trailer, I always tie it down, except overnight if it's on a level surface. When moving on the road, be sure to tie the rear tire or it will shift when hitting the road bumps.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 11:01:07 AM »

In my garage, I have it bolted to the floor and have never had a problem with the bike tipping in 4 years. In the trailer, I always tie it down, except overnight if it's on a level surface. When moving on the road, be sure to tie the rear tire or it will shift when hitting the road bumps.

One year at Maggie Valley Brian was putting his bike in his trailer each night.  Parked.  Flat.  Level.  Came out one morning and it had leaned over.  Dinged up a mirror if I remember correctly.  Fortunately nothing else.  But even bolted to the lift in the garage I use a couple of straps.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 10:16:43 AM »

Always use strap with anybody's bike I put on the lift.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 10:50:36 AM »

I just use a kickstand in the garage....much less drama ;D

Smartass Dawg....
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.