Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Where do you think this dealership is headed  (Read 2720 times)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Re: Where do you think this dealership is headed
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 05:44:39 PM »

Well the reason they start charging more at San diego dealership may just be because of a new manager or owner.People deal differently.I do everything on the internet and chicago harley is my favorite dealer with 20 percent off.By the way not everyone is knowleged enough about Harleys the crew here seems to know all so i imagine a guy who wants a harley might as well just go any dealer and get what they need of the shelf regarless the price.Even the acessories catalogue is quite confusing so if i knew nothing about harleys i would just tell the dealer whatever i wanted and let them charge.But of course this site has been helpfull than again we only have 3500 member aproximatly compared to masses that ride. :drink:
Ridin Legend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »

Well the reason they start charging more at San diego dealership may just be because of a new manager or owner.People deal differently.I do everything on the internet and chicago harley is my favorite dealer with 20 percent off.By the way not everyone is knowleged enough about Harleys the crew here seems to know all so i imagine a guy who wants a harley might as well just go any dealer and get what they need of the shelf regarless the price.Even the acessories catalogue is quite confusing so if i knew nothing about harleys i would just tell the dealer whatever i wanted and let them charge.But of course this site has been helpfull than again we only have 3500 member aproximatly compared to masses that ride. :drink:

Absolutely. The owner fired his friend and long time general manager and turn over the dealership to his idiot son in law.

B  B

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 09:54:31 AM »

Absolutely. The owner fired his friend and long time general manager and turn over the dealership to his idiot son in law.

B  B

Oh no...the kiss of death.  I am in the automotive industry (work for a OEM) and when this happens, be it a son or son-in-law, it usually spells the beginning of the end.  Of course, there is always the rare exception, but blood is thicker than water, and many a dealer has lost tons of $$ by letting the offspring attempt to take over. 

Let us know how it all shakes out and where you end up taking your business.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.