Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: HELP from the experts - Dealer says I need a new 110 motor !!!  (Read 11236 times)

hogasm

Re: HELP from the experts - Dealer says I need a new 110 motor !!!
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 09:25:36 AM »

Thanks DC,

What is your opinion regarding the cam install? Will it make a difference if they install it on the new motor and everything gets broken in together ? Also, could my 110 have been effected by any lack of performance due to the pinion issue ? I am just wondering if I have been riding a 110 that was lacking in it's potential for power since day # 1 .

No problem whatsoever. Break in everything at one time. Keeps from doing it twice.

Will your dealer warranty the motor with the new cams installed?

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »

No problem whatsoever. Break in everything at one time. Keeps from doing it twice.

Will your dealer warranty the motor with the new cams installed?

Yes they will warranty it but I don't care for this dealer and will most likely NOT return for service. Plus it is not my regular dealer and is over an hour away from home.

Another thing that really bothers me is how the dealer said this problem could have led to "Catastrophic Failure" of the motor. I didn't know what that meant until doing some reasearch on this problem. Appearantly, if this issue caused my oil pump to shut down it would have caused the engine to seize in a very short amount of time which could easily lead to DEATH or serious injury. I really hope this is something I will not be thinking about whenever I am on my bike in the future.  :nixweiss:

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »

Chip,
Headed up to Peletier(Swansboro) area.  Wife and I are getting
stationed back up there for our next Tour of Duty with the Marines.
Once we get settled in I will have to ride out your way!!!
Which Mathews are you in? Branch or Creek?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:21:07 PM by tigertr71 »

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 07:45:37 PM »

OK , dealer called me today and the new motor arrived in the crate  :mango:. Apparently, it was built by hand in Milwaukee and stamped with my Vin #. I confirmed this with the MOCO who to my surprise knew exactly what was going on after I gave them my name. I picked up a loaner FLHX with 6 (yes six) miles on it. I DO NOT like it but beggars cannot be choosers (especially since it is FREE). I really appreciate my SEUC after riding this bike, it is just so much different, slow, quiet, etc!!!  :coolblue:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 07:59:04 PM »

That's great news. Seems to be working out in your favor more and more each day (motor arrived earlier then expected, right VIN #, and you get a free loaner). :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »

OK , dealer called me today and the new motor arrived in the crate  :mango:. Apparently, it was built by hand in Milwaukee and stamped with my Vin #. I confirmed this with the MOCO who to my surprise knew exactly what was going on after I gave them my name. I picked up a loaner FLHX with 6 (yes six) miles on it. I DO NOT like it but beggars cannot be choosers (especially since it is FREE). I really appreciate my SEUC after riding this bike, it is just so much different, slow, quiet, etc!!!  :coolblue:

CO, you'd written earlier suggesting that this wasn't your choice of dealerships in the area.  Given how they've managed everything so far, and probably had to ride herd to get the engine there that quickly, this sounds to me like a shop to hang on to.  Congrats on everything falling in to place so quickly.  It's gratifying to hear when a major problem, that shouldn't be a huge fight for the customer just because it is a major problem, ends up not being a huge hassle. 

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 08:25:22 PM »

CO, you'd written earlier suggesting that this wasn't your choice of dealerships in the area.  Given how they've managed everything so far, and probably had to ride herd to get the engine there that quickly, this sounds to me like a shop to hang on to.  Congrats on everything falling in to place so quickly.  It's gratifying to hear when a major problem, that shouldn't be a huge fight for the customer just because it is a major problem, ends up not being a huge hassle. 

This dealer that was recommended by Bill Lam from Zippers so I felt comfortable with them working on my bike that was equipped with the TMAT setup. Plus this dealer quoted one hour less than the previous dealer who wanted to be lazy and NOT check the upper part of the motor for clearances. So far I am not unhappy with them. I just hope the bike runs good and is not damaged in any way when I pick it up. I don't want any new scratches or blemishes when I pick it up.

The loaner came from a buddy who is a G.M of a local dealer near my house.  He really hooked me up and I regret that I didn't take my bike to him but they are backed up for five weeks and I didn't want to wait.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 08:28:17 PM by copout221 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 01:04:36 AM »

This dealer that was recommended by Bill Lam from Zippers so I felt comfortable with them working on my bike that was equipped with the TMAT setup. Plus this dealer quoted one hour less than the previous dealer who wanted to be lazy and NOT check the upper part of the motor for clearances. So far I am not unhappy with them. I just hope the bike runs good and is not damaged in any way when I pick it up. I don't want any new scratches or blemishes when I pick it up.

The loaner came from a buddy who is a G.M of a local dealer near my house.  He really hooked me up and I regret that I didn't take my bike to him but they are backed up for five weeks and I didn't want to wait.

Just very glad it's all working out man.  Getting to start fresh with all the additions already made really seems the best alternative for your current set of circumstances too.  You can get it home, break it in just a bit, then ride it and forget about it.  Hope she comes back in great shape.  Likely will too  :2vrolijk_21: .

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 02:15:17 AM »

Update: Called the dealer today (Wednesday) who has had the motor since last friday. They told me they had not started on the bike yet and I went ballistic. I demanded a loaner at their cost since the bike will most likely NOT be done by this weekend like they promised. They told me that they would get me a loaner at their cost but I am still pissed. Don't assure me that the bike will be done at a designated time and decide to change that for whatever reason.  :soapbox:  I want my bike back. I hate to say this but I am slowly starting to lose my dedication to H.D . Especially after speaking with customer service last week and getting nothing but stale answers and lies. I just hate the idea of riding a Goldwing !!!  :-X

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 07:51:04 AM »

Copout,

I can't understand why they it won't be ready its a 8-10 hour job for the motor swap its not like they have to take it apart and put it the top end back on ..  pull the old motor put in the new motor add fluids and break in?   Is there something else missing here?   so whats the reason they haven't put you at the front of the line at this point?

Make sure they are covering the insurance on the loaner too that ends up being 20 - 30 dollars a day for full coverage.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

Copout,

I can't understand why they it won't be ready its a 8-10 hour job for the motor swap its not like they have to take it apart and put it the top end back on ..  pull the old motor put in the new motor add fluids and break in?   Is there something else missing here?   so whats the reason they haven't put you at the front of the line at this point?

Make sure they are covering the insurance on the loaner too that ends up being 20 - 30 dollars a day for full coverage.

Unbalanced,

The service manager told me that the mechanic took on another job on monday while my bike sat. They had not even pulled the old motor as of yesterdey. He also blew smoke up my *** telling me that the "high performance" parts (cam and pushrods) require more time to install (even though the engine is on the bench which makes it easier) and I may not see the bike till next week. My insurance will cover me 100% on any rental / loaners but compared to my CVO I don't want some stock bagger that sounds like a blender. It just seems like my issue has been put on the back burner and I am tempted to call the MOCO again and let them know they could have taken more time on getting the new motor out since it is just sitting in the crate at the dealer. I think I have been more than patient.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:31:50 AM by copout221 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2007, 10:42:30 AM »

Unbalanced,

The service manager told me that the mechanic took on another job on monday while my bike sat. They had not even pulled the old motor as of yesterdey. He also blew smoke up my *** telling me that the "high performance" parts (cam and pushrods) require more time to install (even though the engine is on the bench which makes it easier) and I may not see the bike till next week. My insurance will cover me 100% on any rental / loaners but compared to my CVO I don't want some stock bagger that sounds like a blender. It just seems like my issue has been put on the back burner and I am tempted to call the MOCO again and let them know they could have taken more time on getting the new motor out since it is just sitting in the crate at the dealer. I think I have been more than patient.  :nixweiss:

Try to work it out with the dealer. If you get the MoCo to intervene, someone might spit in your food! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »

Try to work it out with the dealer. If you get the MoCo to intervene, someone might spit in your food! Hoist! 8)
I was thinking the same thing. He's at the mercy of the dealer at this point in time to make to many waves may not be the best thing to do. Things have been known to happen. :nervous: As frustrating as it may be this may be one of the times you hold back until you get bike back in your possesion.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2007, 10:49:45 AM »

I was thinking the same thing. He's at the mercy of the dealer at this point in time to make to many waves may not be the best thing to do. Things have been known to happen. :nervous: As frustrating as it may be this may be one of the times you hold back until you get bike back in your possesion.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

That's what I'm talking about d00d! :2vrolijk_21: Vent your frustration about this afterwards and don't go back if you're not happy with them. But now's not the best time to be pissing them off! Unfortunately, they got you by the b@lls. Just be patient and nicely try coaxing them to get 'er done! It sucks to have to kiss their ass, but you don't yell at the waiter before he delivers your meal! ;) JMO. Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:52:21 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2007, 10:51:28 AM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Yep, that is the bad part of this whole thing. I really have no control. I will not call the MOCO or start making threats. That will only aggravate the situation. I am just hoping the bike is done tomorrow so I can get it out of there. I will never take my bike to another dealer where they don't know me and I don't spend my $$. I have learned from this mistake, MY BAD.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.583 seconds with 21 queries.