Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Need something to do....  (Read 5276 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Need something to do....
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »

Yep, bored. Out of my mind. Reeeaaaallllll slow at work. It'd be cool if I could leave and actually get something accomplished at the house, but they're real funny about paying me while I work in / on / around the house.

Anyone have any interesting little projects you need some web research on?

Usually this kind of thing translates into spending money.

Ho hum... yawn.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Need something to do....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:55:37 AM »

Yes Chief find me a nice looking grey seat for my 02 SERK.And at a reasonable price. It has to fit with the look of my bike and be comfortable for the missus. Now get cracking I want results. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »

Chief - I suggest you Google lots of pics of chicks in bikinis and post them in a thread on the boa......... nevermind.

During your web browsing if you come across a 'roll away' bag (nylon or leather) that will fit well on the small luggage rack on my leather tour pack, I will be eternally greatful.  Well, maybe not eternally, but darn greatful. 

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Tros

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:25:49 AM »

Well Chief, I need some winning lotto numbers and if those numbers happen to be printed on a bikini worn by a girl that's sitting on a grey SERK seat and holding a roll up bag, that's even better.  ;)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 10:03:18 AM »

Chief - I suggest you Google lots of pics of chicks in bikinis and post them in a thread on the boa......... nevermind.

During your web browsing if you come across a 'roll away' bag (nylon or leather) that will fit well on the small luggage rack on my leather tour pack, I will be eternally greatful.  Well, maybe not eternally, but darn greatful. 

I think AJ has the winner in the SAC half SAC. But personally, if you need to put wheels on something that small, I can't see how you'd have the strength to get the bike off the side stand.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:45:48 PM »

I think AJ has the winner in the SAC half SAC. But personally, if you need to put wheels on something that small, I can't see how you'd have the strength to get the bike off the side stand.

I am working on being as lazy as I possibly can, dammit.   :coolblue:

Then you young whippersnappers go & try to spoil it.   :'(

Rolling cases of beer is easier than carrying cases of beer. :pepper:

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 02:49:04 PM »

Rolling cases of beer is easier than carrying cases of beer. :pepper:

That is why you have to drink them, to lighten the load. :carrot:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »

While your looking for things on the net. Soft fairing lowers would be nice. I sort of like the material ones over the leather/vinyl versions. It has been a few years since I've taken the lowers off of the SERG but the heat is starting to get to me early this year.  :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »

That is why you have to drink them, to lighten the load. :carrot:

Exactly.  You understand. My plan is to drink one (or 2 depending on the walk) while rolling the rest of the case to the pool or room.  I have plans and priorities ya know.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:59:14 PM »

While your looking for things on the net. Soft fairing lowers would be nice. I sort of like the material ones over the leather/vinyl versions. It has been a few years since I've taken the lowers off of the SERG but the heat is starting to get to me early this year.  :2vrolijk_21:

You mean like the ones HD sells in the P&A catalog?

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »

Yes. Or something similar.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Tros

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 05:08:06 PM »

I'd love to build my own bike but I haven't the technololgy, which is a shame cos I have some great ideas.

Tros

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 05:11:10 PM »

I'd love to build my own bike but I haven't the technololgy, which is a shame cos I have some great ideas.

You don't need technology, just a good parts catalog and if you don't like what you see there are plenty of folks that will custom any part you need.  A good box of tools helps too.   ;)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 08:58:08 PM »

That's not building a bike ordering parts from a catalog. That is assembling a bike.

This is building a bike! :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

Tros

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 12:09:29 AM »

That's not building a bike ordering parts from a catalog. That is assembling a bike.

This is building a bike! :2vrolijk_21:

IYO. 

Main Entry: cus·tom–built 
Pronunciation: \ˈkəs-təm-ˈbilt\
Function: adjective
Date: 1925
: built to individual specifications 

So, if our friend Smiler constructs, by himself or with assistance of others, a machine of his specifications, regardless of parts sourcing, it is by definition, custom-built.

If he doesn't have the skill or resources then he must contract out the things he needs to. Not everyone has a frame table and a machine shop in their garage.   

If our friend Smiler chooses to assemble a "bike in a box" that would meet your definition more closely if it's assembled exactly as delivered, however, if he alters it to suit his own specifications then the finished bike would be considered, by definition, custom-built.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 07:12:38 AM »

Define it any way you like. A box of parts in my opinion is not a custom. It is a kt bike. There isn't anything wrong with that as I think it is a great introduction to bike building. Just because one changes this or that does not make it a custom. This is a CVO site, if you would like to get into the custom debate stop by chopperweb.net. There are multiple threads on this very topic.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Tros

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 01:38:37 PM »

Define it any way you like. A box of parts in my opinion is not a custom. It is a kt bike. There isn't anything wrong with that as I think it is a great introduction to bike building. Just because one changes this or that does not make it a custom. This is a CVO site, if you would like to get into the custom debate stop by chopperweb.net. There are multiple threads on this very topic.

In case you hadn't noticed this in the OFF TOPIC area. 

I use the standard definitions http://www.M-W.com/dictionary/custom-built and here's another http://www.thefreedictionary.com/custom-built

Lets review:  I offer our friend Smiler an alternative solution; you start a debate with me so I join the debate then you tell me to leave.  :nixweiss: 

Reread my post, BTW IYO means "In your opinion" which referred to your previous post.

IYO. 

Main Entry: cus·tom–built 
Pronunciation: \ˈkəs-təm-ˈbilt\
Function: adjective
Date: 1925
: built to individual specifications 

So, if our friend Smiler constructs, by himself or with assistance of others, a machine of his specifications, regardless of parts sourcing, it is by definition, custom-built.

If he doesn't have the skill or resources then he must contract out the things he needs to. Not everyone has a frame table and a machine shop in their garage.   

If our friend Smiler chooses to assemble a "bike in a box" that would meet your definition more closely if it's assembled exactly as delivered, however, if he alters it to suit his own specifications then the finished bike would be considered, by definition, custom-built.

My statements are based on the standard English language definition of "custom-built".  The last sentence addresses the kit bikes and is accurate by definition.

The directions are on the outside of the box.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »

Lets review:  I offer our friend Smiler an alternative solution; you start a debate with me so I join the debate then you tell me to leave.   
Wrong. I'm not telling you to leave. I'm inviting to a forum where a majority of the bikes are built not bought. This discussion is better suited for a forum like that. Chopperweb.net is not someplace I'm sending you to get rid of you, it is a place where I have well over 10,000 posts and spend the majority of my free time discussing such topics.

Again in my opinion a box of parts is not a custom. I can buy the same box of parts as you. Yah that's custom. :confused5:
2023 CVO Road Glide

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 03:38:21 PM »

What the hell about my damn seat Chief? You asked for something to do and I gave it to you.  ;D ;) :huepfenlol2: Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 03:40:43 PM »

What the hell about my damn seat Chief? You asked for something to do and I gave it to you.  ;D ;) :huepfenlol2: Later,Q

Are you after the grey insert similar to what I believe the SEDWG??? came with?

What about here?
http://www.ccseats.com/roadking.htm
2023 CVO Road Glide

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »

Sorry bro. I got sidetracked. I spoke to Danny Gray (888 443 2669). He said give him a call and he'll get you hooked up.

You'll love it.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »

I figured you would have sent me to Alligator Bob.He has very competitive pricing.  :bananarock:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 06:06:11 PM »

I figured you would have sent me to Alligator Bob.He has very competitive pricing.  :bananarock:

As compared to who ?  Tiffany's ?

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »

Wrong. I'm not telling you to leave. I'm inviting to a forum where a majority of the bikes are built not bought. This discussion is better suited for a forum like that. Chopperweb.net is not someplace I'm sending you to get rid of you, it is a place where I have well over 10,000 posts and spend the majority of my free time discussing such topics.

Again in my opinion a box of parts is not a custom. I can buy the same box of parts as you. Yah that's custom. :confused5:

So if I buy a frame, and then weld some tabs on it for mounting a gas tank, oil tank and other sheet metal. Then I buy a fender and cut, grind and weld it to fit the frame. Buy a gas tank and fit that to the frame etc etc until I've got a motorcycle; if I buy all the parts and modify them, by definition, it's not a custom ?  Not arguing, just curious.

B B

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 06:36:43 PM »

Hey Chief - If you get time after looking for my friends seat, how about sourcing faring to change my RK into a Glide.
Cheers pal. :angel:
Have a couple on me.....

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 06:39:57 PM »

Hey Chief - If you get time after looking for my friends seat, how about sourcing faring to change my RK into a Glide.
Have a couple on me.....

That's easy. Either Dragonfly or Hoppe Industries. The Hoppe attaches with chrome plated steel brkts very similar to those on a RK windshield and comes with a CD player and 4 speakers. The Dragonfly is very similar to a factory Electra-Glide fairing and is all fiberglass. It attches to the front end in a very similar fashion as the factory fairing. You have to install your own electronics and it is set up to hold two speakers. In short, a very close copy of the factory EG fairing.

B B

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »

So if I buy a frame, and then weld some tabs on it for mounting a gas tank, oil tank and other sheet metal. Then I buy a fender and cut, grind and weld it to fit the frame. Buy a gas tank and fit that to the frame etc etc until I've got a motorcycle; if I buy all the parts and modify them, by definition, it's not a custom ?  Not arguing, just curious.

B B
I'd be more inclined to call that a custom as opposed to bolting a bunch of parts together from a box

Here is a post from CW. Jamie comes pretty close to breaking it down. All of this really doesn't matter as long as your riding but it sure gives us something to talk about. :orange:

Custom, chopper, customized, and modified. I think thats the 4 catagories I think of.

Modified- stock bike that has been changed up with bolt on parts.
Modified bikes can become custimized bikes.

Customized- A stock bike that the owner/builder has put a lot of thought into and made/ordered low run parts (not quite production) and the chances of seeing another one like it are almost ZERO. Still stock framed.

Chopper- You took that stock bike and did what most people (read not most guys on CW) would consider major surgery, like extending backbone.downtube, ass end (or any combintaion thereof) and maybe even raking it. Cutting/replaceing the fends, tank...

Custom- There isnt another out there like it. You built/had the frame built. Not nice but I think the frame is a big basis for a bike being called a custom. If it is built by someone to your specs, there wont be another out there exactly like it, even if they try to make another. Many of the parts are one off, or at least the first of em like that. Also, you most of the time know that it took way to effin long to build...
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 07:21:25 PM »

Have a couple on me.....
Do you want the radio capabilities? I ask as there was a guy on hdforums.com selling fairings without the radio pocket. Reasonably priced.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »

Thanks for the info fellas.  Anyone have the web address for Dragonfly?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »

Here you go - Motorcycle Fairings from Dragonfly Cycle Concepts.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »

Glad I, and my trusty elves, were able to help.   Next.....

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 08:25:52 AM »

Have a couple on me.....

I just sent a deadcenter fairing (deadcenterfairings.com) to paint, I like it, it mounts to the standard rk windshield mount and is lockable, it takes different winshields and has an optional cigar lighter and windshield bag mounted on the big flat spot where you could put gauges or a gps device. 

I put it on for a ride unpainted (it is black gel coat) and it performed very well at 90+_, no wobble or vibrations.

I'll post a pic if it ever gets out of paint...

Miker

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 03:42:19 PM »

Muchos Grassyarse my friends, I rather like the Dragonfly

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 04:00:58 PM »

I'd be more inclined to call that a custom as opposed to bolting a bunch of parts together from a box

Here is a post from CW. Jamie comes pretty close to breaking it down. All of this really doesn't matter as long as your riding but it sure gives us something to talk about. :orange:

Well thanks for that then. I've done the mix ,match and piece together parts till it's done thing a few times and thought I was an ameteur bike builder. You had me thinking I was nothing but an assembler for awhile there.

B B

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »

For the "custom" debaters above...does this mean the MOCO should change the "CVO" name?  just think'in

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 10:57:24 PM »

For the "custom" debaters above...does this mean the MOCO should change the "CVO" name?  just think'in

Hey SOKOOL

We are riding to Fayetnam on Sunday.
Want to meet somewhere?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 11:13:34 PM »

Yes! ;D

How is it a custom when they make multiple of the same bike? I heard it called a factory custom once and thought that was a little more fitting. The letters don't lend themselves to a badge though. ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »

Silver,

Just sent you a PM.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 21 queries.