Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Weirdness---Dreamed I wrecked the bike  (Read 9856 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Weirdness---Dreamed I wrecked the bike
« on: June 02, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »

I have occasional spells of insomnia.  Attitude on it is that it's just insomnia and nothing to lose any sleep over.  A byproduct, however is that when I get a good sleep again after having not done so for a bit that sleep is often punctuated with the most bizarre dreams.

These usually amuse me greatly.  Even when I guess they should not.  I'm just amused by the weird and extreme things the mind can conjure up.  Last night I dreamt that I wrecked the bike.  Repeatedly.  Was just strange.

In the dream was riding in Springfield, Missouri.  It was raining.  And everytime I'd take off from an intersection the bike would spin out of control.  Trading ends.  Back end spinning wildly.  Going down over and over and over again. 

Pieces kept getting knocked off of it.  Things got more and more bent.  Eventually the handlebars and front wheel were turned around completely backwards and it was being steered by only one horn of the handlebar.

None of the ride seemed at all scary though.  It was if if this were just a normal part of getting around on the bike.  Finally the bike had lost brakes and swung wide in front of a truck that bounced it and rider up on the curb.  In the dream at that point I said a very bad word and seemed to feel that this was a very unfair outcome.  The ride should have continued or something....

It is raining here this morning.  Pretty sure I'm going for a ride in a little bit.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
Re: Weirdness---Dreamed I wrecked the bike
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:09:42 PM »

Quit eating that Mexican food late at night and don't ride in Springfield in the rain!   :o

Mark

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »

And it is still raining in Springfield,  >:( :( :-[ :-\, damittohell. We are supposed to hit the road for a short overnight trip when I get off of work at 1800. We might end up  :drink: :drink: :drink: instead.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »

And it is still raining in Springfield,  >:( :( :-[ :-\, damittohell. We are supposed to hit the road for a short overnight trip when I get off of work at 1800. We might end up  :drink: :drink: :drink: instead.

Hobo

Rain been on and off here too.  I still went for a 90 minute ride to a place about 5 miles from here for lunch.

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »

Rain been on and off here too.  I still went for a 90 minute ride to a place about 5 miles from here for lunch.

Don,
   The scenic route is almost always the best! Have a good weekend.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 04:15:51 PM »

Don,
   The scenic route is almost always the best! Have a good weekend.

Hobo

Thank you sir.  And you too.  Better riding tomorrow.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 04:25:46 PM »

Don,
I think Mark is on to something, stay away from cheese too, it has enzymes that have an adverse effect on dreaming.

However Stephen King has to get his ideas from somewhere....

Ed :pepper:
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »

Don,
I think Mark is on to something, stay away from cheese too, it has enzymes that have an adverse effect on dreaming.

However Stephen King has to get his ideas from somewhere....

Ed :pepper:

Funny thing was last night did include an 0230 trip to Taco Bell.  Doubt two crunchy tacos really had a lot to do with it though.  I understand that apparently we forget most dreams, if not immediately than in relatively short order.  The really weird ones I try to remember though.  Tell it to someone immediately or write it down or something.  They can be just surreal.

One of my favorite was "Animated Bridges."  Two very old and dear friends of mine were passengers in the backseat of an old convertible.  Both were dressed in 50s style dresses, scarves on their hair, the whole package.  They were chattering away doing girl talk but I kept looking back to see what they were doing.  Then we'd approach a bridge and I'd see them both just laughing and raising their hands in the air giving the bridge the finger.

This would piss off the bridge.  It would (somehow) get up, make me get out of the car and proceed to kick my ass.  Then I'd limp back to the car, tell the girls not to do that chit anymore and drive on.  Then another bridge, they'd flip it off all happily and excitedly all over again, and I'd get my ass kicked all over again.

I like the weird dreams..... ::)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 04:40:24 PM »

Funny thing was last night did include an 0230 trip to Taco Bell.  Doubt two crunchy tacos really had a lot to do with it though.  I understand that apparently we forget most dreams, if not immediately than in relatively short order.  The really weird ones I try to remember though.  Tell it to someone immediately or write it down or something.  They can be just surreal.

One of my favorite was "Animated Bridges."  Two very old and dear friends of mine were passengers in the backseat of an old convertible.  Both were dressed in 50s style dresses, scarves on their hair, the whole package.  They were chattering away doing girl talk but I kept looking back to see what they were doing.  Then we'd approach a bridge and I'd see them both just laughing and raising their hands in the air giving the bridge the finger.

This would piss off the bridge.  It would (somehow) get up, make me get out of the car and proceed to kick my ass.  Then I'd limp back to the car, tell the girls not to do that chit anymore and drive on.  Then another bridge, they'd flip it off all happily and excitedly all over again, and I'd get my ass kicked all over again.

I like the weird dreams..... ::)

I'm sure everybody has a few strange ones. One of mine had a gaint guitar pick coming down and scraping up the road, both lanes and removing everything and eveybody was running from it, another was being in a red pickup with my kids and sliding off an icy road out onto a pond/lake and breaking through and the truck going under. That is one I wish I could forget. I vowed not to buy a red pickup, ever!

Try a pizza with extra cheese tonight, maybe a few mushrooms?? and watch out for the overpasses! You know if you had mentioned "tunnels" I would have been worried... ;)

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »

I once dreamed I was floating over these big mashmellow clouds. It was peaceful and serene. I was naked and alone, just me and these clouds. They looked so muh like marshmellows I got hungry. I started reaching out and plucking one, and they even tasted just like marshmellows. I awoke the next morning and my pillow was missing. I never did find it.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »

I once dreamed I was floating over these big mashmellow clouds. It was peaceful and serene. I was naked and alone, just me and these clouds. They looked so muh like marshmellows I got hungry. I started reaching out and plucking one, and they even tasted just like marshmellows. I awoke the next morning and my pillow was missing. I never did find it.

Clouds all look like breasts (sometimes you have to squint).  Now you know why you were nibbling.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 04:46:43 PM »

Clouds all look like breasts (sometimes you have to squint).  Now you know why you were nibbling.

Clouds look like breasts? Don, how long has it been since you've gotten laid? When I was single, I fell in love with a dust mop. Ever notice how soft they are?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 04:50:34 PM »

Clouds look like breasts? Don, how long has it been since you've gotten laid? When I was single, I fell in love with a dust mop. Ever notice how soft they are?

They do.  They always have.  Really!  If you look long enough.  No chit  :huepfenlol2: .

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 04:54:11 PM »

My roomate and myself went to Wal-Mart. He got ready to leave anc couldn't find me. He finally did after a long search. I was on aisle 5, the cleaning aisle, stroking this dust mop. He said I was a sick bastard. I agreed, but, bought the mop. I named the mop Wilma, made my roomate ride in the back seat so Wilma could ride up front with me.  :love_1: :love_1: :love_1:

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 04:55:27 PM »

Hey HB the old ones ........................are always the old ones !!

;)

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.