Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: High Flow SE Air Cleaner?  (Read 3521 times)

wilberb

• Junior CVO Member
  • You only live once
High Flow SE Air Cleaner?
« on: January 18, 2005, 03:14:28 PM »

I have an '05 SEEG and have decided to go with the Rinehart exhaust and a Dynojet Power Commander. Do I need to do anything with my air cleaner to maximize performance for this combination. If so part numbers would be much appreciated.  [smiley=cool2.gif]
2005 FLHTCSE2 red
SE Air Cleaner/PCIII/D&D Fat Cat 2:1
2003 FXDX (Wife's)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: High Flow SE Air Cleaner?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 03:24:57 PM »

I have an '05 SEEG and have decided to go with the Rinehart exhaust and a Dynojet Power Commander. Do I need to do anything with my air cleaner to maximize performance for this combination. If so part numbers would be much appreciated.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

wilberb

• Junior CVO Member
  • You only live once
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »

I wasnt planning on the "freedom package". The only reason I was planning on the power commander vs. the race tuner was that a couple friends of mine were using the same combo (Rinehart/Power Commander on TC88 engines) and were happy with the performance and reliability. 1) Should I be changing my air cleaner? 2) Is the Rinehart/Power Commander not a good combo? 3) I called Rinehart and they recommended this combo to me 4) This is my first CVO bike, I brought it home last week and have learned alot on this site but must admit I have a long way to go. Thanks in advance for helping me.
2005 FLHTCSE2 red
SE Air Cleaner/PCIII/D&D Fat Cat 2:1
2003 FXDX (Wife's)

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 05:53:05 PM »

I have the Rinehart/Race Tuner as I was told this was the combo to use. Don't know if it is right or not. I have also read that quite a few people on this site use the Race Tuner with the 103 engine. I think it has something to do with the dyno guy being able to dial it in a little better with the race tuner.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 05:54:31 PM by Laker23 »

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 06:32:55 PM »

I too am curious as to why you would not go with the Freedon Cycle package? You will get a slightly better powerband with their modified Rinehart pipes and the mapping is pretty  darn good. I believe you do need to flow more air or you will not get the power increase you are looking for, so the S/E aircleaner is recommended. Proce could be an issue...Freedom's price is $1,421 plus shipping.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 07:38:33 PM »

I went with the Freedom package and could not be happier. I believe that you will need the high flow air cleaner as well. By the time you add it all up the cost of the Freedom package makes sense because you don't need to dyno the bike right away. The guys at Freedom send the PC to you pre-programmed for your bike. I still am planning on having mine dynoed when the funds become availible.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 12:12:17 PM »

If you want performance, reconsider the Rineharts.  Great sound, good look, mediocre performance.  That pipe also has had issues with brake pedal fitment (might have changed that by now), and with brackets breaking.  But hey, get what makes you happy.  If it would be me, I would spend the money on a D&D Fatcat and a high flow aircleaner.  Might even have a few bucks left over for a SBC head job and a nice upgrade in cam.  THEN, the bike will have some balls.  Just my .02.  Spook.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »

Spook:

Have you looked at Magoo's dyno sheet. 103hp, 105 TQ. Can you post your sheet with the D&D's? I haven;t seen a sheet with better or more consistent results than the Freedom Package. Remember, these a re "MODIFIED" Rinehart's (different baffle). It makes a huge diffrerence.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 03:01:23 PM »

I have an '05 SEEG and have decided to go with the Rinehart exhaust and a Dynojet Power Commander. Do I need to do anything with my air cleaner to maximize performance for this combination. If so part numbers would be much appreciated.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:40:34 PM »

Not sure about the modified baffle, but my 03 SERK, with a different cam, cleaned up heads and Rineharts (with hours on the dyno), netted 95/95.  Going back to stock header pipes with Vance and Hines slash cuts and retuning picked up almost 7 HP and equal torque.  Hmmm?  But the Rineharts sure sounded good.  Don't have a dyno sheet handy.  Guess you are going have to take my word for it.  Sorry.  Spook.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 05:14:34 PM »

No sweat spook...I believe ya...just wondering what the actual #'s were...I'm sure we'll see them someday.

TwoLane..one advantage to the Stage 1 map is that he can also up the rev limit to 6200......

[smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 05:30:20 PM »

TwoLane..one advantage to the Stage 1 map is that he can also up the rev limit to 6200......

Yes, absolutely.  Given that the Power Commanders seem to be reliable (at least in my experience) that's perhaps the biggest reason to do both.  Certainly weighed heavily in my decision at the time.  Was just suffering a minor brain cramp when it didn't occur to me to mention it earlier.  Thanks [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 03:48:28 AM »

Has anyone heard about the intake manifold behind the EFI being changed from a 30MM bore to a 40MM bore so the engine can breath more? This is like putting an Edelbrock high rise intake on a V8 to blend and breath easier. Have done the SE pipes and the K&M kit already. Looking to enhance the air flow.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.