Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?  (Read 12338 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 09:48:36 AM »

The 110 is an excellent motor that needs an awful lot of work on your own to help it along. It seems to have tremendous performance potential. And after all, a CVO is supposed to be a performance motorcycle. As such, it needs to be made more bulletproof to be reliable. I'm hoping that all the work I did to it will allow me the reliability I seek from it. Because I now have the peformance and bulletproof component aspects of it covered. My many mods are documented elsewhere, and are too numerous to list here. But if you take the time and $$$ to fix it up right, you'll be one smiling CVO owner with this engine!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 10:12:55 AM »

Howie,

Without being a kill joy, you could end up after some mileage on the bike, no better off than others are now with the leak.   You are the guinea pig for replacing the juggs, and a different head gasket.   If it works than your validating a possible good fix as a one off.

For the reasons your familiar with my bike and it's continued leaking I surely hope it works out too.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Rhino

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »

Harry, I have some  confidence on the new jugg installation. I think that is the fix. I would be surprised to see them leak at this point, I think the jug replacements are not the original version somehow. But as you say time will tell.

Rhno

Howie,

Without being a kill joy, you could end up after some mileage on the bike, no better off than others are now with the leak.   You are the guinea pig for replacing the juggs, and a different head gasket.   If it works than your validating a possible good fix as a one off.

For the reasons your familiar with my bike and it's continued leaking I surely hope it works out too.

-harry

RetiredOF

• Senior CVO Member
  • Coming soon to a location near you!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 10:24:37 AM »

Well, I don't have any more problems with my 110!  Just traded it in this last Thursday.  Hopefully, this will end my lack of faith in my bike.
Member 3063

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »

Ronnie,

Having seen what I have gone through so far with the dealers / MoCo over this issue the past 7 months you understand why I am so cautious with low expectations.   Sure I hope this is the golden fix, but based on the track record I have so far with head leaks / jugg leaks at 17k miles on the bike, I don't wish to be overly optomistic, cause I know when I do I will get bit again.   It's tough being the poster child for Murphy's Law.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 10:30:16 AM »

Time will tell, I agree. But right now I'm so happy with the way the bike runs, I'm not thinking about that right now! Nor do I want to, or hope I ever have to! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 10:41:19 AM »

Talked to a freind over the weekend, he bought a new ultra had the 110 kit put in with rineharts. Very happy pulling a tent trailer no problems. Maybe something better in the kits versus the seuc that came with 110 already. Anyway mine is still in the shop after Nelson. Waiting and hopefull. Happy for the ones with no problems.

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »

I'm really hoping that the '08s are better. Starting to get buyer's remorse.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »

So far, and I have about 3.5K on my SEUC2 and, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with the 110.  No leaks, so far, no unusual clatter coming from the rocker boxes.  I had the V&H True Duals, slip on ovals, SEAC, and SERT done right out of the box.  Had it dyno'd at 1K service.  It's not the fastest SEUC out there, but I'm not into having the fastest touring rig.  I'm into touring.  Has plenty of torque (107 at the rear wheel) from 2200 rpms up, just where I need and like it.  Puts out roughly 90hp with no internal mods done.  I don't notice an extreme heat issue, because the stock cross-over is not there and I've put the HD mid-frame heat shields on. (Worth their weight in gold, IMO).  Am I one of the fortunate ones?  Maybe, I don't know.  I don't ride the pi$$ (no burnouts, taking it all the way up to 6200, etc) out of it, but I don't treat it gently either.  It's been a great ride.  My only complaint with it has been that constant whining the tranny makes in 5th gear.  Going to shift over to another tranny fluid (red line shock proof maybe) to see if I can quiet it down a little.    Hope this helps.  Unfortunately, you don't see how many people haven't had any issues with their rides, because they don't have any need to post.  There were roughly 12,000 CVO's made last year. That's 12000 110's put on the street.  I don't know how many have had issues with theirs, but I'd venture to guess it's less than 10%.  Is that bad?  I don't know, I guess it is, if you're one of the ones that falls in that group. 
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »

So far, and I have about 3.5K on my SEUC2 and, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with the 110.  No leaks, so far, no unusual clatter coming from the rocker boxes.  I had the V&H True Duals, slip on ovals, SEAC, and SERT done right out of the box.  Had it dyno'd at 1K service.  It's not the fastest SEUC out there, but I'm not into having the fastest touring rig.  I'm into touring.  Has plenty of torque (107 at the rear wheel) from 2200 rpms up, just where I need and like it.  Puts out roughly 90hp with no internal mods done.  I don't notice an extreme heat issue, because the stock cross-over is not there and I've put the HD mid-frame heat shields on. (Worth their weight in gold, IMO).  Am I one of the fortunate ones?  Maybe, I don't know.  I don't ride the pi$$ (no burnouts, taking it all the way up to 6200, etc) out of it, but I don't treat it gently either.  It's been a great ride.  My only complaint with it has been that constant whining the tranny makes in 5th gear.  Going to shift over to another tranny fluid (red line shock proof maybe) to see if I can quiet it down a little.    Hope this helps.  Unfortunately, you don't see how many people haven't had any issues with their rides, because they don't have any need to post.   There were roughly 12,000 CVO's made last year. That's 12000 110's put on the street.  I don't know how many have had issues with theirs, but I'd venture to guess it's less than 10%.  Is that bad?  I don't know, I guess it is, if you're one of the ones that falls in that group. 
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

I joined this site when I was a Wannabe. All I knew at the time was that I wanted a Touring bike and I had rented an '06 and thought it was grossly under powered. So I came here looking for information. Since buying my '07 I have found out that others have had problems. If it was not for this site and Chief (I think) posting a picture of what a leaking head gasket was I would have never know I had a problem. I ride my bike. I've got over 10k miles on it already. I think that most people who have joined this site do so to become more educated about their motorcycle and not necessarily just to bit**. I love my bike and want to keep it for a long time.

crunch29

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 seultra, red and black, D&D fat cat,SE Ventilator air cleaner, se pro tuner,Pro 110 performance upgrade
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »

I have an 07 SEUC purchased it in late June. Have 1200 miles on it. Have installed slip on Rineharts,AC, and SERT.  So far it runs very good.  I had it dynoed at my 1000 mile service. One thing I'm nervious about is after this service I noticed when I drove it home a small oil leak. It was dripping off the oil cooler bracket. I check the filter and it's not leaking. I think the dealer must have spille doil when changing the filter? I wiped it up and have ran it about 50 miles since and haven't noticed any further dripping?

I am a bit nervous as I'm leaving in 2 weeks for a trip of about 4000 miles.

I assume mine is a later production unit? Does anyone know if they made some changes to improve the issues?

Crunch.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »

Crunch,

What is the date of mfg. on your bike?
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 12:28:52 PM »

I think that most people who have joined this site do so to become more educated about their motorcycle and not necessarily just to bit**. I love my bike and want to keep it for a long time.
Good point!  -I hope the majority DON'T have problems!  On the other hand, I don't recall seeing too many problems on the CVOs through '06.  Everyone was just trying to get their bikes to sound and run better.  -Retail& Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 04:41:23 PM »

I love my bike, and I am not having any engine related issues.  But I did have a lot of engine work done early on, which may have prevented me from experiencing any of the "leak" issues.

Later,
Ghost

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »

I have an 07 SEUC purchased it in late June. ...

Crunch.

Crunch, besides the mfg. date what color are your jug tags? Either silver or black that say "screamin eagle 110".
Also please leave some info in the '07 registry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.