Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Throttle body size?  (Read 2639 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Throttle body size?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »

True dat Terry! You have the luxury of time, as you have no immediate issues to address. My dilemma left me w/HD's normal half-assed repairs as one option, and looking forward to future repetitive failure, or doing it my way. And I know my way will also prove to be way more fun in the end! ;) Hoist! 8)

Very true, Howie...you'll have a motor that will suit your style.  I do hope that the HD parts that went back on top of the cases last and last for you.  You are truly doing the R&D on this deal, so all will be anxiously awaiting to see what happens in the next 3-6K miles.  The truth of the matter is, you've got the Black SERK you've always wanted, and they ain't makin' any more of them, so giving up the bike was not really an option for you.  I understand completly.  I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, bro!!

From what I'm hearing, you're getting rid of the heat, so this may be the solution!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 01:50:08 PM »

Very true, Howie...you'll have a motor that will suit your style.  I do hope that the HD parts that went back on top of the cases last and last for you.  You are truly doing the R&D on this deal, so all will be anxiously awaiting to see what happens in the next 3-6K miles.  The truth of the matter is, you've got the Black SERK you've always wanted, and they ain't makin' any more of them, so giving up the bike was not really an option for you.  I understand completly.  I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, bro!!

From what I'm hearing, you're getting rid of the heat, so this may be the solution!!

Thanks Terry, this one is a keeper for me. So I'm hoping I got it right and this cures all the ills! Pistons and cylinders are still stock HD. One more leak, and they'll be changed to forged J&E's, and new Ductile Iron barrels w/external oil return. There'll be nothing up top left, but proven racing chit then! And then I'll wait for the bottom to let loose. (Hopefully not!)  Won't cry over it though. Just do a Timkin conversion and welded flywheels. As I've said before, this ain't rocket science and there ain't nothing here that can't be fixed better and stronger! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

gremlush

• I may not be good, BUT, I am slow.
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 11:00:29 PM »

The 110" heads are not bad. You need to 'flycut' around .050 off the combustion chamber ,that gives you more comp. {with flat top pistons} but the big reasons is it makes the combustion chamber smaller {compact} for a better burn, and modify the stock valves {backcut,radius,etc} and the key is the seats ,or should I say ,how many angles ,and the width of each angle. Very little shaping in the ports because they are {in my opion} big. I ALWAYS shorten the guides  {port side} and put a new taper on them. Valves stem protusion is the same as the 1999-2004 TCs 1.990-2.024 very important. What ever you cut off the heads ,make a 'alum.washer' the same thickness for the comp.releases.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.