Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well I tried the new Zippers Firmware Upgrade version 4.5  (Read 2441 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Well I tried the new Zippers Firmware Upgrade version 4.5
« on: August 04, 2007, 10:07:13 PM »

And it seems to be working. I was teaching Ride Like A Pro today, and had a friend taking the course on my bike (He's a really good friend, so don't ask me to loan my bike to you to practice on LOL!!!), and from what I could tell the decell popping was reduced. I'll get a better feel for it tomorrow when I ride the bike on the street and in class.

It was pretty easy. Since the new version is not up on the Zippers site yet for automatic search/seek and download, I had to transfer it from my USB Memory Stick into the Zippers Firmware Up Grades folder, before I could link and load it into the ECM. Then I had to go into Basic Settings and activate the "Decel Fuel Cut" setting.

I'm sure like anything everything else Zippers, the bike will need about 300 miles before everything "Settles In".

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Well I tried the new Zippers Firmware Upgrade version 4.5
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 11:20:18 PM »

And it seems to be working. I was teaching Ride Like A Pro today, and had a friend taking the course on my bike (He's a really good friend, so don't ask me to loan my bike to you to practice on LOL!!!), and from what I could tell the decell popping was reduced. I'll get a better feel for it tomorrow when I ride the bike on the street and in class.

It was pretty easy. Since the new version is not up on the Zippers site yet for automatic search/seek and download, I had to transfer it from my USB Memory Stick into the Zippers Firmware Up Grades folder, before I could link and load it into the ECM. Then I had to go into Basic Settings and activate the "Decel Fuel Cut" setting.

I'm sure like anything everything else Zippers, the bike will need about 300 miles before everything "Settles In".

Mark

Mark,

How is it you got your hands on the new 4.5 firmware??   :nixweiss:  I am heading out for a 2500 mile trip in a couple of weeks and was hoping to get it loaded and tested before I leave - so I have been anxiously waiting...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:46:35 AM »

Mark,

How is it you got your hands on the new 4.5 firmware??   :nixweiss:  I am heading out for a 2500 mile trip in a couple of weeks and was hoping to get it loaded and tested before I leave - so I have been anxiously waiting...

Scott

Scott,

I got it off another site. Zippers has been holding out and waiting for the Tech manual to be updated on it. Ping me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »

Mark please email it to me at cvoseeg@bellsouth.net.   I will put it on my ftp server.   How big is the file?  If it is small you could just zip it and put it here on the site for people.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »

Mark please email it to me at cvoseeg@bellsouth.net.   I will put it on my ftp server.   How big is the file?  If it is small you could just zip it and put it here on the site for people.

-harry

Harry,

I just sent it to you, and everyone else who asked for it too LOL!!!
I didn't realize just how many people were waiting for it.

Mark

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 07:34:33 PM »

Harry,

I just sent it to you, and everyone else who asked for it too LOL!!!
I didn't realize just how many people were waiting for it.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I loaded it up and gave it a short test ride, but rain is keeping me from riding much today...   :-\

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 01:29:04 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm getting a lot of requests as how to load this thing, so I'll give it a try.
Here's what I did.

Since the normal process is to have your PC seach the Thunder Heart site for it and download it automatically, you have to do it manually.

Save the file to your desk top for easy access.
Then follow this path.

My Computer
c:
Program Files
Thunder Heart
SmartLinkIVZippers
FirmwareUpgrades
Then copy and paste it from you desk top into that folder.

When you link up to the PC, it will be ready to download into the ECM.
Remember to follow all the Zippers off/on switch stuff.

Set up procedures: (I pulled this off another site)

1. Take your bike out and ride it both hard and normal decels.
2. Keep track of the RPM range you are getting popping in (i.e. 2300 down to 2043)
3. Set you cutout 250 RPM above the start of the popping.
4. Set the cut in 100 RPM below the lowest point of decel popping.
5. to activate or enable it go to Basic Settings. You only have two choices 0 (disabled/Off) or 1 (enabled/On).
6. Set the Decel Post Fuel Enrichment to 7.86 or play with it. 7.86 works well for some folks.

Good luck.

Mark

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »

Ironhorse-
To help you will all the e-mails you must be recieving, I have posted the zip file you sent me on our website.

Click here to download the new Zipper's firmware:
http://www.bayoubikers.com/EFI_THUNDERMAX_01_Version45_07_17_07.zip
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 01:46:31 PM »

For those still wanting this file,

You can either click on the link below or type it into your browser.  You have a choice there to obtain the SERT Software or the Thundermax Software

ftp://67.34.141.233:21

login:  sert
pwd:  sert

Once you find the file you want to download right click on the file   click on copy to folder and then choose where you want to save the Zip file to and then it should start to download for you.

Any problems please email me at cvoseeg@bellsouth.net
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 07:21:18 PM »

Ironhorse-
To help you will all the e-mails you must be recieving, I have posted the zip file you sent me on our website.

Click here to download the new Zipper's firmware:
http://www.bayoubikers.com/EFI_THUNDERMAX_01_Version45_07_17_07.zip

Thanks for doing that. It must be working because the mails have subsided.
I guess my cut and paste install explanation must be working too.

Hopefully everyone will post their results.

Mark

Rhino

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:22:37 PM »

Danger Will Robinson, this is a Beta Copy, not a final, has bugs, beware.  Zippers will release on ThunderMax site when finished, others, like mine, are for testing only, and bugs are being discovered. Easy enough to work around, but it is certainly not the Public Version, whereas if problems occur, I suppose it will be Zippers fault, and no fault of the purveyor of the early release testing copy.

Rhino

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 01:05:31 AM »

Rhino,

Nice to hear from you, how you doing?
Is your vision coming along?

Mark

Rhino

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »

Hello Mark,

Back to 'Normal' for now, vision anyway.  Sorry to hijack your thread on Zippers, but it was important to let the members know why the Release of Firmware has not officially happened.

Zippers is completing a total re-write of the installation, and more importantly, the Owners and Tuning Manuals. Most of the questions that arise from  ongoing board discussions shuld be covered and be inclusive in this new printing.   In the interim, it is always advisable to download new software versions as they come out.  Will this mean a change for everyone? No, it just will incorporate new features available as options to address new things, like being able to set an engine heat alarm at a temperature of your choosing, for one. The decel program for another. 

The new firmware will allow the software to work on only the new features, while the regular features and capabilities go unchanged.  The Firmware, when released from Zippers, will be done at the same time with the new manual.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to have all these new features active, since the pre release is completing fiels testing. So, in Unison, when the book is finished and the bugs are out, they will be realeased together. 

I know there are a lot of anxious people out there, but without knowing how to make changes, why even try.  By releasing the Software early, it does give everyone an opprotunity to see and play with the new platform, but some features are not active until incorporated with the firmware.

For all of us out there using the TMAX, the changes are totally transparent. Nothing changes for existing software, or the new software, it can be run as normal. When the new FIRMWARE is activated, then the new features will go active with the new software, such as the Decel Program, the Temp Program, and the Digital Tech etc...

So in the meantime, be happy and wait for the manufacturer to do their official release to be sure.

Have a nice day.

Rhino,

Nice to hear from you, how you doing?
Is your vision coming along?

Mark

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 11:06:26 AM »

ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? --ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ----ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---ThunderMax? --- SERT? ---DTT?---Direct Link?---- Power Commander? ---AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I think I'm going nuts!!!

leoniru

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »

Hello Mark,

Back to 'Normal' for now, vision anyway.  Sorry to hijack your thread on Zippers, but it was important to let the members know why the Release of Firmware has not officially happened.

Zippers is completing a total re-write of the installation, and more importantly, the Owners and Tuning Manuals. Most of the questions that arise from  ongoing board discussions shuld be covered and be inclusive in this new printing.   In the interim, it is always advisable to download new software versions as they come out.  Will this mean a change for everyone? No, it just will incorporate new features available as options to address new things, like being able to set an engine heat alarm at a temperature of your choosing, for one. The decel program for another. 

The new firmware will allow the software to work on only the new features, while the regular features and capabilities go unchanged.  The Firmware, when released from Zippers, will be done at the same time with the new manual.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to have all these new features active, since the pre release is completing fiels testing. So, in Unison, when the book is finished and the bugs are out, they will be realeased together. 

I know there are a lot of anxious people out there, but without knowing how to make changes, why even try.  By releasing the Software early, it does give everyone an opprotunity to see and play with the new platform, but some features are not active until incorporated with the firmware.

For all of us out there using the TMAX, the changes are totally transparent. Nothing changes for existing software, or the new software, it can be run as normal. When the new FIRMWARE is activated, then the new features will go active with the new software, such as the Decel Program, the Temp Program, and the Digital Tech etc...

So in the meantime, be happy and wait for the manufacturer to do their official release to be sure.

Have a nice day.

Rhino,

Glad to hear your vision is back to normal.

Thanks for the response. I'm getting a new T-Max ECM next week (I'll be on vacation in Hawaii when it comes to my door), and it will have the new firmware installed in it. JDK also said the disc will have the new manual on it too, so I guess they are prepared to make this stuff available to the public. When I get back I'll install it and see how it is. If there is a manual on my cd, I'll post it here for folks to look over.

Mark

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.