Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: screaming eagle PRO EFI RACE FUELER ?  (Read 7326 times)

gremlush

• I may not be good, BUT, I am slow.
  • Full CVO Member
screaming eagle PRO EFI RACE FUELER ?
« on: August 13, 2007, 10:40:11 PM »

New tuning box in the screaming eagle catalog , PRO EFI RACE FUELER . $224.95 RETAIL . has anyone tried this tuner ? It says it will ad or subract fuel , and is a 'plug' in box. Can not change timing or rev limit. 

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: screaming eagle PRO EFI RACE FUELER ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:21:34 AM »

Yeap, I have one on a 2007 FXSTSSE 110
Bike is stock but for a K&N filter and a set of less restrictive baffles in the stock pipes
The Race Fueler cured the pop on de-acceleration
you can add/subtract fuel from idle/mid/wide open and adjust "accelerator pump" as well
no timing adjustments are possible though - and you can't raise the rev limit

call this a 80% solution I guess

fits under the seat - goes on in about 1 hour

to tune - pull off the cover, pull out from under the seat, tape to side of bike, and just go ride/adjust till you get it where you want it. Then button it up and put it back under the seat. You'll need really good eyes and a small Phillips to adjust

For a set of slip ons this is a pretty good compromise for the money

I'd really like to talk to someone who knows these really well though - I still think I could tweak it a little more if I understood it better.
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:25:30 AM »

I put one on my wife's 06 dyna and it caused an error code again and again, it may have been the o2's I don't know, went to sert tunes the 88 nicely. I still have it in the box.

Miker

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »

Miker
you're the second guy who mentioned the error code with the race fueler - I have 1000 miles on it and haven't gotten one ----yet
I'll probably go with a SERT and a V&H Pro Pipe next year - this was just a quick fix for low $$
Anyone out there really know anything on the RFueler?? Got a couple of questions
-Beerman

gremlush

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:26:08 PM »

Thank's beerman , was glad to see someone had one ! I have a springer also. Same thing , Zippers air filter and put in cycle shack baffles in stock pipes. 1400 miles so far and is getting stronger and looser with every miles. VERY tight motor ! I use the 250I dyno at the local H-D {free} and will dial it in if I get one. Thinking about it ,hate that popping on decel ! Will be going on the dyno soon ,wanted to get a few more miles first. 2000+  Did you notice {seat of the pants} more power ?

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »

My Buttdyno is not that acurate but it seemed to run a little better.
Frankly - don't spend a lot of time at full throttle but when I do it runs great.
Had a little hesitation off idle - leaving a stop light - but dialed up the acc pump screw on the race fueler and it is all but gone now
POP is gone under normal conditions - it'll still do it if you downshift and run the revs up high coming down an exit ramp or something though
Bought mine of Ebay for $50 so it's a pretty small investment
Like I've said before - longterm, you need a SERT and a decent set of pipes to find happiness on a 110. This is just foreplay

gremlush

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

What did you look under on ebay to find it ? That was a great price $50 ! If I get one ,I will do 'before and after ' dyno runs so people will see the AF and difference in power. I am going to wait a while for a tuner box as many company are 'working' on new ones for the 02 sensors. This is my 1st fuel inj.  bike. Been riding H-D's since the 60s and if it was carb ,it would have been dialed in by now, have done 1000+ carbs. Pulled the plugs yesterday and they look OK , little bit of tan on them ,but I am at 6000 elevation. Bike is really cooling down with more miles,switched to Bel-Ray EXS {full syn} 10-50 wt. at 500 miles and that really helped too. These throttles are very touchy !

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 02:12:40 PM »

Ebay search -"race fueler"
there is one on right now to fit for $1 !!! plus shipping
coincidentally it is from a HD dealer about 45 minutes south of here in Dover Ohio
take a look
if they don't have instructions you'll have to ask a local dealer to go onto the HD dealer web site and download a PDF file of the instr. for you
-Beerman

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 02:27:50 PM »

Are these things model specific?  I have on in a box somewhere out in the garage in the "All thing HD" cabinet...but if they are only bringin in a buck, I'll just chuck it.

Miker

gremlush

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »

thanks beerman , I bid on it. Says 2006 and up ,should work. See if I get it.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »

If you don't get it. let me know, the one I have is for 06 ..PN # 32136-06A.  PM me an offer.

Miker

gremlush

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 01:47:31 PM »

So far ,I am the only bidder, but will take yours if I get out bid miker, thank's. Took the bike out this morning {cool temps} and was running out in the desert going up some big long hills 80-100 mph in 6th gear. Trying to 'loosen' up that motor ! Everytime I do this ,it runs stronger. This is the tightest motor I have ever had ,been riding these things for almost 40 years. I am VERY happy with the TQ. in this motor for stock. Pulls like a tractor. 2000-5500 rpm. My CVO manual says cranking comp. should be 200 - 220 , 130-170 with comp. releases open. That seems a little high !

gremlush

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 10:04:01 AM »

Got outbid on that one ,am bidding on another one now. Got a 'stick' of 4" alum.{6061-T6} and am going to machine some 'new' baffles. Will be playing around with the # of holes to see whats best. Been very busy ,as usual.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 08:15:42 PM »

Got outbid on that one ,am bidding on another one now. Got a 'stick' of 4" alum.{6061-T6} and am going to machine some 'new' baffles. Will be playing around with the # of holes to see whats best. Been very busy ,as usual.

I still got it, ain't doing nuthin but collectin dust, send me an offer...shipping plus a good case o beer otter do it.

Miker

gremlush

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »

send me a e-mail with your address, www.deweyspegs.com

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 07:56:24 AM »

Let me know after it's hooked up and on the bike and I'll help you get it dialed in
What model is it going on?
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.82 seconds with 21 queries.