Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Virginia tuner recommedations  (Read 1681 times)

HDbeerman

Virginia tuner recommedations
« on: August 14, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »

My pipes (V&H 2-1 Big Radius) just arrived after nearly 2 months waiting. Need a good local tuner for the remap. Has anybody used Bayside Harley in Portsmouth? They of course have a dyno. Not sure what system I will buy yet but I want to keep my warranty in place.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Virginia tuner recommedations
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 03:49:49 PM »

Hi HDbeerman,

Bayside  HD is one of the best in the area for tuning a bike. Several folks have used them with good results.
Contact pete_4854 I think he just had a motor done by Bayside.
As far as the tuner go with whatever the Tech reccomends for your setup, don't try to get a pile of mismatched parts to work. If the Tech has prior experience with certain parts he will do the job correctly.
As far as warranty that could go out the window once you change pipes or alter the drivetrain in any way but in our area the dealers tend to cover any mods that they install,especially if they sold you the bike.
Maybe we will meet on the road soon too.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:52:02 PM by VaEagle »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »

Hi HDbeerman,

Bayside  HD is one of the best in the area for tuning a bike. Several folks have used them with good results.
Contact pete_4854 I think he just had a motor done by Bayside.
As far as the tuner go with whatever the Tech reccomends for your setup, don't try to get a pile of mismatched parts to work. If the Tech has prior experience with certain parts he will do the job correctly.
As far as warranty that could go out the window once you change pipes or alter the drivetrain in any way but in our area the dealers tend to cover any mods that they install,especially if they sold you the bike.
Maybe we will meet on the road soon too.

Pete's bike was tuned by Joe's Cycle Repair in upstate NY. He came up from VA to have his bike tuned by one of the best in the business. And he tells me he's thrilled with the way it rides now! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 09:10:07 PM »

Go south my friend to Carolina HD in Gastonia NC   they have a great staff and one of the best turners on the east coast...  :2vrolijk_21:

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »

Go south my friend to Carolina HD in Gastonia NC   they have a great staff and one of the best turners on the east coast...  :2vrolijk_21:

Do these guys like race tuners or power commanders

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:29:34 PM »

My pipes (V&H 2-1 Big Radius) just arrived after nearly 2 months waiting. Need a good local tuner for the remap. Has anybody used Bayside Harley in Portsmouth? They of course have a dyno. Not sure what system I will buy yet but I want to keep my warranty in place.

If you use Bayside have Mark do the tune.  He is most familiar with the PC III and will do a good job, but if your bike has had mods done (i.e. cams, heads, etc.), it's worth the trip north to Joe's Cycle Repair outside Albany.  He can tune any bike using any ECM out there.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »

Do these guys like race tuners or power commanders

Either one.
They are excellent on both.
They know how to make power.
IMHO!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 05:46:20 PM »

Hey HDbeerman,

We use John Mead at Pro Street Cycles, just south of Richmond on Route 1. We trust him implicitly! :2vrolijk_21:
John was an instructor at the MC school in Airizona. His number is (804) 271-7766  and web is http://www.prostreetcycles.net/

Hope to link up sometime, we are probably riding in each others back yard most of the time!  :drink:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.