Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle  Race Fueler  (Read 7811 times)

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
Re: Screaming Eagle
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 09:45:13 AM »

Here's my experience with the SE Fueler... About 300 miles after I installed it, it took a crap and flooded out my bike.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 09:45:48 AM by DJW »

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 08:30:10 AM »

Hey Starvin,
 What is a DTC you refer to ?

I'm not sure how many people who say the race tuner is complicated have actually tried to program it. I'll bet not many. I have not used the power commander so I can't comment on that but this is MY experience with the race tuner. I consider myself at best to have average computer skills and maybe average tuning skills. I had no problem understanding the manual after I printed it out. It cleary explains how to load the pre set programs and how to fine tune them. I do think you need to have a laptop to get your moneys worth out of the RT. I had a terrible back fire on deceleration on my bike and completely tuned it out on my second try. If you put the RT in data collection mode and put your laptop in your tour pack you can record up to half hour of data.(make sure your laptop is set to stay running after you close it..damn)
after you can view the data and zoom in and at any time stop it and tell throttle position, RPM's,load, Air to fuel mixture,and several other things. You can also print out a dyno gragh. The one thing I don't have a good understanding of is what the spark advance/retard would do so I didn't adjust that. when I finnally had my bike dyno tuned they adjusted that. only gave me a couple more hp and a little better gas mileage. I think if i would have tried I could have gotten it. The race tuner also has many other features such as checking and resetting trouble codes and fail safe measures. You cannot go leaner than 14.5 on air to fuel mixture and if you have a problem loading a program it will either revert back to the original program or if something unknown would happen it will not let you start your bike until you have a program downloaded. You can't screw up and only load half a program. The manual is 123 pages but theres lots of pictures. again this is only my experience with it. When I called the rep. at HD to ask a question about resetting DTC's he first told me you could not do it. I told him wich page it was on in the manual and after some checking he said he never knew you could do that. (and he told me he was the RT resource at harley). He also told me that most people are either using it to download one of the pre set calibrations which you can buy for $160 or just using it to add a little extra gas in which case the race fueler would be just as good and cheaper. If anyone would like I would be happy to send you the manual so you can look at it yourself, It's in acrobat reader format so you would need that to open it.

mfgreen

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 08:38:14 AM »

DTC=Diagnostic Trouble Code
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.