Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2300 RPM - Tappet Noise  (Read 868 times)

q2bruiser

• High Tech Red Neck
2300 RPM - Tappet Noise
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:12:13 AM »

Howdy -

I am the owner of a new 07 FXDSE.  First 500 miles have been great.  Only thing I am hearing out of the engine is what appears to be lifter/tappet noise at ~2300 RPM.  Sounds like at least one of them is not holding pressure at that RPM.  Goes away at higher or lower RPM.  I've been ridding a long time but this is my first HD so I am not sure if this is something I would look into or not.

Thoughts?

JKH

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 2300 RPM - Tappet Noise
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:42:34 AM »

Check just a little further down the list of 110 topics for my post on "ticking noises"
I just got 4 new lifters under warr.
Also - just installed the Kuryakyn Softail heat deflectors and they eliminated almost all the ancillary noise I was picking up on - don't know if they make them for your bike though
-Beerman
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

q2bruiser

• High Tech Red Neck
Re: 2300 RPM - Tappet Noise
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:15:30 AM »

Check just a little further down the list of 110 topics for my post on "ticking noises"
I just got 4 new lifters under warr.
Also - just installed the Kuryakyn Softail heat deflectors and they eliminated almost all the ancillary noise I was picking up on - don't know if they make them for your bike though
-Beerman

Thanks Beerman.  I am taking it to the shop later this week for pipes, sert and will talk to the folks about it.

JKH

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.