Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Daytona Twin Tec for the 08's?  (Read 1442 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
No Daytona Twin Tec for the 08's?
« on: September 21, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »

Saw this posted on the TC88 forum by an ex-member to this site:

Chris at DTT informed me they will not pursue ignitions for the 2008
models. He stated the new ECM will be to complacated to duplicate due
to ECM managing to many options such as throttle by wire, cruse
control, alarm etc.. Since Thundermax *seems* to be a copy cat or
*reproduction* or *use of* DTT technoglogy, doupt we'll see anything
from them either. Kind of sucks, the 2008's are running high AFR's
which equais hot running motors. Im not expert with the SERT but
understand your cant tune the AFR's below what factory ECM specifies.
Im sure somone can expain in detail this issue and we can depate it.

While I disagree with the statements about the TMAX being a copy of the DTT, I can't help but think HD is pretty happy they threw enough of a curve ball to disuade the aftermarket.

:indian_chief:

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: No Daytona Twin Tec for the 08's?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »

Sounds like frustration on the part of the aftermarket vendors. I'm sure eventually someone will come up with a fix. They always do, but the MOCO and the EPA are sitting back laughing right now. Not to rub it in, but I'm sure liking my 06 right about now.    ::)
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »

Saw this posted on the TC88 forum by an ex-member to this site:

While I disagree with the statements about the TMAX being a copy of the DTT, I can't help but think HD is pretty happy they threw enough of a curve ball to disuade the aftermarket.

:indian_chief:

yep, i agreee on the curve ball. all the way from lobbying the epa to switching builds every year, hd is determined to destroy the aftermarket. if the bean counters could only see how hey are destroying hd by doing so.

BTW, quit reading the forums long enough to realize there is nothing in common between thundermax and daytona twin tec. i remember when some yahoo posted that about a year ago.

Rhino

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »

yep, i agreee on the curve ball. all the way from lobbying the epa to switching builds every year, hd is determined to destroy the aftermarket. if the bean counters could only see how hey are destroying hd by doing so.

BTW, quit reading the forums long enough to realize there is nothing in common between thundermax and daytona twin tec. i remember when some yahoo posted that about a year ago.

People will not leave that one alone, re tmax. However, yesterdays word was the 08 version TMAX is in process at Thunderheart/Zippers, and it will be at Least 3 - maybe 4 more months before release.  Unfortunately it does take some financial horsepower to stay with these mods, but it is the future, the new standard, the epa rules, and those that surrender, will be out of the game from now on. So Zippers says here we go again, just like the Marelli-Delphi changes, these new changes are not so much a challenge, but a pain.

Rhino

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 05:02:26 AM »

i think the aftermarket will continue to make great products that enhance our motorcycling experience-----------if they are  allowed!

anyone heard of the ability to tune via bluetooth?

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.