Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Run, Turn, Brake modules  (Read 1611 times)

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
Run, Turn, Brake modules
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:34:07 AM »

I am looking to install a run, turn, brake module on my 05 red FLHTCSE2, to convert the rear turn signals to additional lighting that functions as running and brake lights in addition to the usual turn signals. I tried the Harley module, but it caused buzzing in the right radio speaker and the radio was not even on. I have the Badlands module and it causes similar buzzing though less loud, from within the batwing fairing. In talking with the Badlands folks, they say there is a fix involving clipping a wire on their module and direct wiring that wire to the positive terminal on the battery with an in-line fuse. Has anyone tried this? The other alternative is to try the Biketronics module. Has anyone used the Biketronics run, turn, brake module for a 05 FLHTCSE2? What were your results with Badlands or Biketronics modules? Thanks

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Run, Turn, Brake modules
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »

I am looking to install a run, turn, brake module on my 05 red FLHTCSE2, to convert the rear turn signals to additional lighting that functions as running and brake lights in addition to the usual turn signals. I tried the Harley module, but it caused buzzing in the right radio speaker and the radio was not even on. I have the Badlands module and it causes similar buzzing though less loud, from within the batwing fairing. In talking with the Badlands folks, they say there is a fix involving clipping a wire on their module and direct wiring that wire to the positive terminal on the battery with an in-line fuse. Has anyone tried this? The other alternative is to try the Biketronics module. Has anyone used the Biketronics run, turn, brake module for a 05 FLHTCSE2? What were your results with Badlands or Biketronics modules? Thanks

Fthngrg,
 I had the HD module, for the running lights and brake lights for the signals,  but then went to an LED setup for both turn signals and brake.  I ended up changing the HD module for a Biketronics.  It works good, no problems.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »

I am running the Kuryakyn run/turn module and LED lights on the rear with no problems either.  Good luck.

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think that no one was interested in this topic. I tried the Kuryakn module and it worked for about 2 years before it died on me this September in the rain, while I was in Canada on the Lake Superior Circle Tour. I think a 2 year life expectancy for a $65-70 product is not a great value, so I bought the most expensive product (Badlands Illuminator) @ $107 delivered. This product requires some modification to it and some soldering if you want a solid weatherproof connection. Hopefully it will work better and last longer than the Kuryakn product. Thanks again for you replies.

ridesmiles

• CVO1: B/O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 07:51:21 PM »

I'm running the Kuryakyn Panacea taillight and turn signals. Easy to install, and not one problem.
Never trade luck for skill

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 10:46:37 PM »

Spoke with the man from Custom Dynamics @ Biketoberfest due to my Biketronics Eq failing, again (5th Time). Custom Dynamics is no longer selling Biketronics due to failures. They do have a new, sealed, watertight unit. He installed one for me, time will tell. He is very sharp on LED stuff.

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 21 queries.