Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: 103" BLUES!!!  (Read 15896 times)

opee1

• You can never have too many!!
103" BLUES!!!
« on: April 07, 2005, 12:57:57 PM »

I recently purchased my SEEG last week and after getting a few hundred miles on her did a fourth gear role to see what she had. Sadly, not much more than the stock 88" RK running next to me. I guess we have the EPA to thank for that. Now I get to put thousands dollars into the motor to release the power of the stroker motor that I thought I would atleast be getting a taste of at the stock settings. Boooo Hoooo!!! Apparently the SE heads that come stock are not really SE heads at all. They are low compression heads with SE written on them and the pistons are nothing to write home about either. The bike doesn't even have the 9:1 compression ratio that HD claims and the "SE heads" on the bike can't handle any more compression per HD. I wasn't expecting to have to rebuild the motor to have a fast bagger. Hopefully I can save other buyers the heartache that I'm going through right now.

Opee
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 12:59:30 PM by opee1 »
05' FLHTCSE2
03' FLSTS
02' FLHRSEI
01' FLSTF
00' FLHTCUI
95' FXDWG

mfgreen

Re: 103" BLUES!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 01:10:56 PM »

I recently purchased my SEEG last week and after getting a few hundred miles on her did a fourth gear role to see what she had. Sadly, not much more than the stock 88" RK running next to me. I guess we have the EPA to thank for that. Now I get to put thousands dollars into the motor to release the power of the stroker motor that I thought I would atleast be getting a taste of at the stock settings. Boooo Hoooo!!! Apparently the SE heads that come stock are not really SE heads at all. They are low compression heads with SE written on them and the pistons are nothing to write home about either. The bike doesn't even have the 9:1 compression ratio that HD claims and the "SE heads" on the bike can't handle any more compression per HD. I wasn't expecting to have to rebuild the motor to have a fast bagger. Hopefully I can save other buyers the heartache that I'm going through right now.

Opee

Opee,

Get off the buyer's remorse.  You have not broken the bike in yet.  You do not have to rebuild the motor to have a significantly faster bagger than a TC88.  You are being mislead about the heads and the compression ratio.  What are you expecting from your SEEG?  How can we help get you there?  Take a chill pill for your heart and we will do the best that we can to make your projections a reality.

Mike

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 01:12:53 PM »

Opee

If you want a fast Bagger you need to talk to Hubbard. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 01:14:19 PM »

Opee

did you pipe and change the air cleaner?
out of the hole, you are right it is not much faster. but once you hit 3rd gear, you should blow him away.
a stock tc88 has 70-75#'s of torque if you are lucky. your seeg should have somewhere between 90-100.
the heads are not like the se-performance heads, but they are better than the stock 88.
also on his bike the torque craps out much earlier than yours.
if you both downshifted to 3rd, i guarantee you would have smoked him.
you max torque comes in around 4000 rpm's. his is already dropping fast at that point.
your right about the roll on. but that is not an acurate way to rate the difference between the 2 motors.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 01:16:32 PM »

3 things to do...Pipes, Power Commander or Race Tuner, and Stage 1 air cleaner. These motors are starving for air and chocked on the exhaust due to EPA requirements. For about $1,200 to 1,400 you will be pleasantly suprised in the difference. I would suggest the Freedom package which is about $1,400.00. Check out this thread:http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1099534567.

Don't loose hope.

opee1

• You can never have too many!!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 01:18:19 PM »

I guess my point was that I thought I was buying a fast bagger. I don't think the motor lossening up is going to make much of a difference in the perfomance of the motor. Power starts a nose dive @ 3800 RPM and isn't much to speak of getting there. I might just be spoiled with the 95" motor on my Ultra but for 30k, I didn't think I was asking for much...just a fast bagger from the factory. Please don't get me wrong, I love the bike, just dissappointed in the power.

Opee
05' FLHTCSE2
03' FLSTS
02' FLHRSEI
01' FLSTF
00' FLHTCUI
95' FXDWG

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 01:19:32 PM »

MMMMMM...... My 04 Pumpkin is stock except for the SE AC kit, SE download, and 2pc SE slip ons.  

I run away from my TC88 and evo bagger friends.  And the guy with a 95

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 01:22:34 PM »

I guess my point was that I thought I was buying a fast bagger. I don't think the motor lossening up is going to make much of a difference in the perfomance of the motor. Power starts a nose dive @ 3800 RPM and isn't much to speak of getting there. I might just be spoiled with the 95" motor on my Ultra but for 30k, I didn't think I was asking for much...just a fast bagger from the factory. Please don't get me wrong, I love the bike, just dissappointed in the power.

Opee

my bike will smoke any 95" and it has already smoked a couple of those texas choppers with the 107.

se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers

mfgreen

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 01:28:21 PM »

Opee

Opee,

You did buy a fast bagger.  Let's see if we can't help you tweak this bike and get you rollin right.

I do not believe that your bike is set up correctly if your power is nosediving at 3800rpm.  I think that it should pull to the revlimiter of 5800rpm.  Get about 1000-1500 miles on it and dyno it.  You will have a lot to work with here and get moving the way that you want to.

Mike.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 02:01:52 PM »

MMMMMM...... My 04 Pumpkin is stock except for the SE AC kit, SE download, and 2pc SE slip ons.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:10:12 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 02:08:35 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, opee1,
 Speed cost MONEY!  How fast do you want to Go? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Cubic Inches and Compression. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  I think you already know the drill!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 02:12:43 PM »

Hub,

Did I mention that I'll be buying a new Hayabusa on the way down to Maggie Holla'?

I'm going to use it tow my SEEG down (which I'll be using as a trailer)... and beat yar 120  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 02:35:41 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, opee1,
  Speed cost MONEY!  How fast do you want to Go? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Cubic Inches and Compression. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  I think you already know the drill!  Later--HUBBARD

Opee, "Tater Hubbard" is right!  Speed does cost, just hope you don't spend 60 big ones like "Tater".

And he still can't outrun his buddy Otis's 95" CVO.

But Opee what I would like to know is,  what is your definition of a fast bagger?
Give me something to compare to.
Faster than a Gold Wing 6?
Faster than a 1200BMW?

Help me understand where you are trying to be?

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 03:24:04 PM »

hd03 is exactly right.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 03:27:36 PM by DJW »

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 03:32:08 PM »

hd03 is exactly right.

se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.