Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 103" BLUES!!!  (Read 15964 times)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
Re: 103" BLUES!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2005, 12:53:53 PM »

I recently purchased my SEEG last week and after getting a few hundred miles on her did a fourth gear role to see what she had. Sadly, not much more than the stock 88" RK running next to me. I guess we have the EPA to thank for that. Now I get to put thousands dollars into the motor to release the power of the stroker motor that I thought I would atleast be getting a taste of at the stock settings. Boooo Hoooo!!! Apparently the SE heads that come stock are not really SE heads at all. They are low compression heads with SE written on them and the pistons are nothing to write home about either. The bike doesn't even have the 9:1 compression ratio that HD claims and the "SE heads" on the bike can't handle any more compression per HD. I wasn't expecting to have to rebuild the motor to have a fast bagger. Hopefully I can save other buyers the heartache that I'm going through right now.

Opee

To say not much more than a stock 88 I would have to think that their is something wrong with your scooter!!! I just came back from a vegas vacation where I rented a stock '05 electric glide classic, riding down I95 South heading towards Laughlin (long long starightaway) barely made it to 100 mph with the wind to my back and it took forever to get their, now my 103 has no problem gettin' over 110 very quickly and it will bury the needle!!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 12:54:47 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2005, 11:18:23 PM »

Opee, oh Opee where are you........and where is your SEEG? I heard you have your new SEEG in the shop since the complete and total failure of your entire electrical system. Maybe that had something due with your lack of power mentioned in your initial post starting this thread. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Please update for all. Also how much will it cost us to keep up with you once you get it back with the slight upgrade (Jims 120 kit ???) that the local rumor mill has you installing........

opee1

• You can never have too many!!
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2005, 10:41:01 AM »

I haven't got the bike back yet. Supposed to pick it up this Thursday. Gonna put a couple of hundred miles on her and then off to the dyno. I'll keep you posted, and if I can figure out how to post the dyno sheets on here I'll be sure and do so. Keep your fingers crossed.

Opee
05' FLHTCSE2
03' FLSTS
02' FLHRSEI
01' FLSTF
00' FLHTCUI
95' FXDWG

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2005, 11:26:31 AM »

What's entire set up you choose? Did you go with the Thunderheader?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2005, 03:47:44 PM »

FATBOY  Zippers has some great engine packages, they are doing a lot of R&D on the 107's and 120's right now. They also don't push them to the limit. So you know it will live on the street. Give them a call 301-261-2311. No I don't work there or own the place just been dealing with them for about 15 years off and on. Oh and ask for ext 107 his name is Bill. NO NO NO he is not my brother just someone that can help you. They don't install anymore just sell the goodies. Stay Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2005, 07:58:57 PM »

Opee, oh Opee where are you........and where is your SEEG? I heard you have your new SEEG in the shop since the complete and total failure of your entire electrical system. Maybe that had something due with your lack of power mentioned in your initial post starting this thread. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Please update for all. Also how much will it cost us to keep up with you once you get it back with the slight upgrade (Jims 120 kit ???) that the local rumor mill has you installing........

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2005, 11:49:24 PM »

HD  as we say up here in the mountains of western Maryland. A good tuned 120 CAN WALK THE DAWG!!!!!!!

I'll bet that would be one hell of a ride on a SEEG! Saty Safe.

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2005, 01:25:13 AM »

DC

I have had several conversations with Pete Stewert from Zipper's regarding my own goals and objectives for performance from my new SEEG. Looks like a package consisting of 50mm throttle body, SE breather kit, ThunderHeart ECM and a set of Rhineharts should do the trick for me. I'm looking for  around 100hp and 100tq with the power being there strong from say 2000 to 4500 rpm since that's where I ride 99% of the time. Do you think this is a good way for me to go?

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2005, 08:53:40 AM »

DC

I have had several conversations with Pete Stewert from Zipper's regarding my own goals and objectives for performance from my new SEEG. Looks like a package consisting of 50mm throttle body, SE breather kit, ThunderHeart ECM and a set of Rhineharts should do the trick for me. I'm looking for

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2005, 09:17:42 AM »

FATBOY You will be very close to your numbers. I personally can't tell anyone on here how the bike will act with the throttle body. It and the thunderheart ECM are still setting in the box in the shop. I am going to get them installed this week if not today! I deal with bill Lamb at ext 107 over there he has been there forever.

I do think your torque numbers will be higher. Right now with out the throttle body they are at 108. You will love the wake up call the 103 will get with just a few minor changes.Stay safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2005, 09:25:09 AM »

FATBOY sorry  I missed your post about my exhaust. Yes I run a thunderheader and I love it. I had a thunderheader with a falsie on it for a while but just switched to a single thunderheader. It took a little time to get used to but it cleans the area up between the motor and trannie on the bike and also ahows off my chrome starter.

The guys at Zippers really like the D&D fat cat. They have a couple of other exhaust systems set up for the Thunderheart. Check out www.zippersperformance.com click on new products then click on thunderheart ECM it will tell what downloads they have right now and explain the unit. Hope this helps.Stay safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.