Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Hillary Facts-Snope it, I didn't yet!  (Read 7741 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Hillary Facts-Snope it, I didn't yet!
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:55:57 AM »

If Morris did say this, I have no reason to doubt it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

From Dick Morris, former political advisor to President Bill Clinton

If you happen to see the Bill Clinton five-minute TV ad for Hillary in which he introduces the commercial by saying that he wants to share some things we may not know about Hillary's background . . . Beware.

As I was there for most of their presidency and know them better than just about anyone, I offer a few corrections;

·  Bill says: "In law school Hillary worked on legal services for the poor."

The facts are:

Hillary's main extra-curricular activity in law school was helping the Black Panthers, on trial in Connecticut for torturing and killing a federal agent. She went to court every day as part of a law student monitoring committee trying to spot civil rights violations and develop grounds for appeal.

.   Bill says: "Hillary spent a year after graduation working on a children's rights project for poor kids."

The facts are :

Hillary interned with Bob Truehaft, the head of the California Communist Party. She met Bob when he represented the Panthers and traveled all the way to San Francisco to take an internship with him.

.   Bill says: "Hillary could have written her own job ticket, but she turned down all the lucrative job offers."

The facts are:

She flunked the DC bar exam, yes, flunked, it is a matter of record, and only passed the Arkansas bar. She had no job offers in Arkansas, none, and only got hired by the University of Arkansas Law School at Fayetteville because Bill was already teaching there. She did not join the prestigious Rose Law Firm until Bill became Arkansas Attorney General and was made a partner only after he was elected Arkansas Governor. That law firm represented ALL of the polluters in Arkansas, e.g. Tyson Industries, the chicken and pork processors, who's violations came before the State regulatory bodies. In effect, her partnership was a structured bribe.

.   Bill says: "President Carter appointed Hillary to the Legal Services Board of Directors and she became its chairman."

The facts are:

The appointment was in exchange for Bill's support for Carter in his 1980 primary against Ted Kennedy. Hillary then became chairman in a coup, in which she won a majority away from Carter's choice to be chairman.

.   Bill says: "She served on the board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital."

The facts are:

Yes she did. But her main board activity, not mentioned by Bill, was to sit on the Walmart board of directors, for a substantial fee. She was silent about their labor and health care practices.

.   Bill says: "Hillary didn't succeed at getting health care for all Americans in 1994 but she kept working at it and helped to create the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that provides five million children with health insurance."

The facts are:

Hillary had nothing to do with creating CHIP. It was included in the budget deal between Clinton and Republican Majority Leader Senator Trent Lott . I know; I helped to negotiate the deal. The money came half from the budget deal and half from the Attorney Generals' tobacco settlement. Hillary had nothing to do with either source of funds.

.   Bill says: "Hillary was the face of America all over the world."

The facts are:

Her visits were part of a program to get her out of town so that Bill would not appear weak by feeding stories that Hillary was running the White House. Her visits abroad were entirely touristic and symbolic and there was no substantive diplomacy on any of them.

.   Bill says: "Hillary was an excellent Senator who kept fighting for children's and women's issues."

The facts are: Other than totally meaningless legislation like changing the names on courthouses and post offices, she has passed only four substantive pieces of legislation. One set up a national park in Puerto Rico. A second provided respite care for family members helping their relatives through Alzheimer's or other conditions. And two were routine bills to aid 911 victims and responders which were sponsored by the entire NY delegation. Presently she is trying to have the US memorialize the Woodstock fiasco of 40 years ago.

Here is what bothers me more than anything else about Hillary Clinton . She has done everything possible to weaken the President and our country (that's you and me!) when it comes to the war on terror.

1. She wants to close GITMO and move the combatants to the USA where they would have access to our legal system.

2. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of suspected Al Qaeda phone calls to/from the USA .

3. She wants to grant constitutional rights to enemy combatants captured on the battlefield.

4. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of money transfers between suspected Al Qaeda cells and supporters in the USA .

5. She wants to eliminate the type of interrogation tactics used by the military & CIA where coercion might be used when questioning known terrorists even though such tactics might save American lives.

One cannot think of a single bill Hillary has introduced or a single comment she has made that would tend to strengthen our country in the War on Terror. But, one can think of a lot of comments she has made that weaken our country and makes it a more dangerous situation for all of us.

Bottom line: She goes hand in hand with the ACLU on far too many issues where common sense is abandoned.

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Hillary Facts-Snope it, I didn't yet!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:04:48 AM »

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »

Ok Howie, you finally convinced me.......I'm voting Republican! ;) ;D

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 11:51:59 AM »

This information cannot be verified, as Snopes is in the process of researching the data for accuracy.

That Morris said this is highly suspect, but everybody go ahead and foam at the mouth all day about Hillary.  That will be todays social/political topic, even if there are no public facts to support or deny it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »

This information cannot be verified, as Snopes is in the process of researching the data for accuracy.

That Morris said this is highly suspect, but everybody go ahead and foam at the mouth all day about Hillary.  That will be todays social/political topic, even if there are no public facts to support or deny it.

Sorry Terry......, but I was voting Republican anyway.  ;)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »

Here's the true story on one small part of this, which casts doubt on whether any of it is accurate.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/panthers.asp

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »

Sorry Terry......, but I was voting Republican anyway.  ;)

I would have never guessed otherwise... ;D ;)

Quite honestly, I have not even come close to making my mind up yet, other than those I know I will NOT be voting for, then it will come down to who comes the closest...all are far from perfect, sort of like real people.

TTS Mastertune

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 12:16:18 PM »

I am going to vote for  :gorgeous:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »

I would have never guessed otherwise... ;D ;)

Quite honestly, I have not even come close to making my mind up yet, other than those I know I will NOT be voting for, then it will come down to who comes the closest...all are far from perfect, sort of like real people.

Totally Agree.  I vote Republican because (in the past anyway) they have more closely represented my values, both fiscally & socially.
Not at all impressed with the field this time.  I will have to narrow it down via process of elimination......I have until Feb. 5th for our primary election.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

Here's the true story on one small part of this, which casts doubt on whether any of it is accurate.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/panthers.asp

Actually Terry, what he said in Hoist's post is almost exactly what the Snopes article states, that she went there with a group of students for the ACLU to monitor for any civil rights violations.   So, IMO, it doesn't cast doubt on whether any of that post is inaccurate.  Besides, who made Snopes the authoritative website for the "truth"?  Not saying they aren't, just asking the question.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 01:47:23 PM »

Howie's post states...

·  Bill says: "In law school Hillary worked on legal services for the poor."

The facts are:

Hillary's main extra-curricular activity in law school was helping the Black Panthers, on trial in Connecticut for torturing and killing a federal agent. She went to court every day as part of a law student monitoring committee trying to spot civil rights violations and develop grounds for appeal.

Snopes.com states....
Neither Mr. Lee nor Senator Clinton "defended" the Panthers in the legal sense implied here.  Bill Lee wasn't a lawyer, or even a law student; he was simply another Yale undergraduate who had no involvement in the Black Panthers' trial. Hillary Rodham (as she was known then) wasn't a lawyer then, either. She was a Yale law student, and like many of her politically-minded fellow law students who saw the latest "Trial of the Century" taking place right in their back yard, she took advantage of an opportunity to be involved in a minor, peripheral way by organizing other students to help the American Civil Liberties Union monitor the trial for civil rights violations.  In any case, her tangential participation in the trial in no way helped "free" the two Black Panthers tried for the murder of Alex Rackley: they went free because the state failed to sufficiently prove its case, and after several days of deliberation the jury was unable to reach a verdict.   The charges were dimissed, and the state declined to retry either Bobby Seale or Ericka Huggins.

While not the exact same wording, it looks to be the exact same message. This supports the initial post instead of discrediting it. IMO.

:indian_chief:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 01:57:28 PM »

Actually Terry, what he said in Hoist's post is almost exactly what the Snopes article states, that she went there with a group of students for the ACLU to monitor for any civil rights violations.   So, IMO, it doesn't cast doubt on whether any of that post is inaccurate.  Besides, who made Snopes the authoritative website for the "truth"?  Not saying they aren't, just asking the question.

Charlie...My point, which I should have made more clear, is that whenever someone infers that someone "helped" the Black Panthers, 99% of the time, people are going to think bad things about that person.  The Snopes article is a full explanation of exactly what happened, when, and why, and not just one statement taken somewhat out of context.  Further, the statement in the first post says she "mainly" did this...it also does not address whether she did other activities to help the poor.

Snopes has a pretty good reputation for thoroughly researching these kinds of things...they obviously do not have an "agenda".

There was some viscous statements going around back a couple of years ago when Bo Bice was on American Idol.  A lot of what was said was absolutely not true, or the truth exaggerated.  I had known Bo for nearly 3 years prior to him being on Idol...we had talked about problems we'd both had in our lives, many times.  I knew the truth.  When Bo started the audition process for Idol (he honestly did it on a dare from his Mom), I encouraged him to be completely honest with everyone about his past.  He was.  He did not get kicked off Idol, because they already knew all the "juicy" details of his past.  Snopes set the e-mails, false reports by other media, etc, straight.  They did a thorough job of checking the story out...I gained respect for Snopes because of their accuracy in that situation.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »

Howie's post states...

Snopes.com states....
While not the exact same wording, it looks to be the exact same message. This supports the initial post instead of discrediting it. IMO.

We could discuss semantics...the words "main activity" and "minor/peripheral" mean completely different things to me.

TTS Mastertune

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 02:06:28 PM »

Snopes or not : FACT cross the Clintons and you end up discredited or missing or dead!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »

Charlie...My point, which I should have made more clear, is that whenever someone infers that someone "helped" the Black Panthers, 99% of the time, people are going to think bad things about that person.  The Snopes article is a full explanation of exactly what happened, when, and why, and not just one statement taken somewhat out of context.  Further, the statement in the first post says she "mainly" did this...it also does not address whether she did other activities to help the poor.

Snopes has a pretty good reputation for thoroughly researching these kinds of things...they obviously do not have an "agenda".

There was some viscous statements going around back a couple of years ago when Bo Bice was on American Idol.  A lot of what was said was absolutely not true, or the truth exaggerated.  I had known Bo for nearly 3 years prior to him being on Idol...we had talked about problems we'd both had in our lives, many times.  I knew the truth.  When Bo started the audition process for Idol (he honestly did it on a dare from his Mom), I encouraged him to be completely honest with everyone about his past.  He was.  He did not get kicked off Idol, because they already knew all the "juicy" details of his past.  Snopes set the e-mails, false reports by other media, etc, straight.  They did a thorough job of checking the story out...I gained respect for Snopes because of their accuracy in that situation.

Terry,
Like I said, I'm not saying they aren't credible, just asking why everyone thinks they are.  If it's because they footnote their research? That usually lends to credibility, but from what I've seen in their articles, the footnotes, for the most part, are not links to allow immediate credidation to what they are claiming.  You have to go to the library, B. Dalton's, or somewhere and borrow or buy the references to in fact verify what they are claiming is a fact.    Or are they, to a certain extent, doing what they say about the emails that say "this has been verified on snopes"?  They list a bunch of references knowing full well that most of us will not bother to go out and verify if it is 1) an actual source, and 2) that they did not interpret what was written in a different way then what the source actually stated.  Words, as we all know can be turned around, just like statistics can be manipulated, to get your point across without actually being an outright lie.  This is why I hate this time of the year, every four years, because truths become half-truths, and get twisted to express one's point of view.  It's also why I'm a registered independent...I chose the individual, regardless of party affiliation, that I think has my best interests, as an American Citizen and taxpayer, at heart.  Unfortunately working downtown in the "seat of democracy", I have found that politicians of that ilk are few and far between.  So far, none of the candidates from either party are clear front runners in my mind.   Okay, I'm done .... phew!!

2012 FLHXSE3

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 02:39:52 PM »

Forget semantics, lets talk about fruit. You're comparing apples and orranges. Those to items you mention are totally different in context.

Let me break it down a little further, eliminating anything that may be a distraction...

Statement 1:
Statement 2:
The core message in both of the statements is very simple.

So, after reading the text in the Snopes article, and reading the text in Howie's post, you consider her "main" activity in the period of time referenced to be "helping" the Black Panther organization?  That is the message trying to be conveyed, after all. Or, was it simply something important happening in her then "back yard", and was worth LEARNING from, which was why she was in law school, but not something she devoted the majority of her time to (peripheral)?  I guess we could spend the rest of the day conjugating sentences... ;)

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »

So, how about that global warming?

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »

lol  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »

Snopes or not : FACT cross the Clintons and you end up discredited or missing or dead!

THAT, sir, is absolutely not true.  Please offer up some proof of that statement.  Just one shred of evidence.

TTS Mastertune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH  :wall: :zroflmao:

2012 FLHXSE3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »

THAT, sir, is absolutely not true.  Please offer up some proof of that statement.  Just one shred of evidence.

Really, I've read lately that that global warming is some bad chit ??? !

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »

Really, I've read lately that that global warming is some bad chit ??? !

Must be what you were smokin Don   :dozey: :hippy: :vrolijk_12:

2012 FLHXSE3

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »

way to big to cut and paste

The Clinton Body Count

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

another conspiricay theroy

"We shouldn't have to tell anyone not to believe this claptrap, but we will anyway. In a frenzied media climate where the Chief Executive couldn't boff a White House intern without the whole world finding out every niggling detail of each encounter and demanding his removal from office, are we seriously to believe the same man had been having double handfuls of detractors and former friends murdered with impunity?"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »

Must be what you were smokin Don   :dozey: :hippy: :vrolijk_12:

Definition of a bad trip:  Dual screen cinema of the mind with "The Wall" playing on side and Al Gore's movie playing on the other ??? .

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »

What one can listen to while contemplating stuff

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 03:57:44 PM »

Dwarfs

Two dwarfs go into a bar, where they pick up two prostitutes and take them
to their separate hotel rooms. The first dwarf, however, is unable to get an
erection. His depression is made worse by the fact that, from the next room,
he hears his little friend shouting out cries of "Here I  come again ONE,
TWO, THREE ...UUH!" all night long.

In the morning, the second dwarf asks the first, "How did it go?"

The first mutters, "It was so embarrassing. I simply couldn't get an
erection."

The second dwarf shook his head. "You think that's embarrassing? I couldn't
even get on the bed."

I hope this is in the right section. It might need to get moved to humor! :confused5: ::) :P :D

Now, how about that Global Warming!!! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

That's funny, lol.  :huepfenlol2:

It can't global warm fast enough for me, its dam cold here right now. ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 07:01:03 PM by Puzzled »
2023 CVO Road Glide

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »

I would expect  that answer from someone who has a copy of the  George Soros Scrap book  ;D

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 06:18:46 PM »

Slow Train

Dylan & the Dead

Sometimes I feel so low-down and disgusted
Can't help but wonder what's happenin' to my companions,
Are they lost or are they found, have they counted the cost it'll take to bring
down
All their earthly principles they're gonna have to abandon?
There's a slow, slow train comin' up around the bend.

I had a woman down in Alabama,
She was a backwoods girl, but she sure was realistic,
She said, "Boy, without a doubt, have to quit your mess and straighten out,
You could die down here, be just another accident statistic."

All that foreign oil controlling American soil,
Look around you, it's just bound to make you embarrassed.
Sheiks walkin' around like kings, wearing fancy jewels and nose rings,
Deciding America's future from Amsterdam and to Paris
And there's a slow, slow train comin' up around the bend.

Man's ego is inflated, his laws are outdated, they don't apply no more,
You can't rely no more to be standin' around waitin'
In the home of the brave, Jefferson turnin' over in his grave,
Fools glorifying themselves, trying to manipulate Satan

Big-time negotiators, false healers and woman haters,
Masters of the bluff and masters of the proposition
But the enemy I see wears a cloak of decency,
All non-believers and men stealers talkin' in the name of religion

People starving and thirsting, grain elevators are bursting
Oh, you know it costs more to store the food than it do to give it.
They say lose your inhibitions, follow your own ambitions,
They talk about a life of brotherly love, show me someone who knows how to
live it. There's a slow, slow train comin' up around the bend.

Well, my baby went to Illinois with some bad-talkin' boy she could destroy
A real suicide case, but there was nothin' I could do to stop it,
I don't care about economy, I don't care about astronomy
But it sure do bother me to see my loved ones turning into puppets,

Copyright © 1979 Special Rider Music

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »

Here's the thing the anti Hillary people don't get. Those that like her don't believe a word of anything bad about her from any source short of Mother Theresa and she's dead. Those that don't like her wouldn't like her if Mother Theresa rose from the dead and pronounced Hillary as heaven sent. She polarizes people that much. And that more than anything is why any sane person shouldn't waste a vote on her. This country needs someone to bring us together again after 7 years of a guy who couldn't care less what anybody else thinks. While that philosophy works for wolves and hermits (and bikers  ;)) , it sucks in a president.

B B

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »

Well said Spiderman. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 07:06:24 PM »

Well said Spiderman. :2vrolijk_21:
Sure was.  :2vrolijk_21: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »

well,  as a New Yorker,  she hasn't acctually done a da-n thing as a senator for NY.  BUT,, she's the first to stand up and take credit for something after it gets done. CASE IN POINT : saving the air base in Niagara Falls from closing.

she had nothing to do with it ,,  but stood up with the rest of the polititions and took credit.

personally, SHE'S not fit to wipe my behind. :soapbox:

oh,, while I'm at it,,,, HEY AL GORE,,,,,,,,  cows create way more green house gases then motor vehicles.  when you goin to start shovin catalitic converters up their butts????????
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 08:30:15 PM by harleyteam »

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 08:33:57 PM »

Here's the thing the anti Hillary people don't get. Those that like her don't believe a word of anything bad about her from any source short of Mother Theresa and she's dead. Those that don't like her wouldn't like her if Mother Theresa rose from the dead and pronounced Hillary as heaven sent. She polarizes people that much. And that more than anything is why any sane person shouldn't waste a vote on her. This country needs someone to bring us together again after 7 years of a guy who couldn't care less what anybody else thinks. While that philosophy works for wolves and hermits (and bikers  ;)) , it sucks in a president.

B B

Damn I'm glad you're writing again.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »

Damn I'm glad you're writing again.

DITTO!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2008, 12:17:55 AM »

I'm glad some of us are on the right page here, how anyone could want that wrinkled up old HAG as our Commander in Chief is totally and utterly beyond my comprehension. One thing that most of these Clinton supporters are not thinking about is what will happen to this country on a military level. everyone is complaining about how GW started an unnecessary war that was full of false premises, but there is a lot of logic to taking a fight to your adversary and showing your tenacity before they second guess you and bring it to you. I grew up in a rough Italian neighborhood and learned very quickly that if you displayed weakness, your strength would be challenged by all. every time I changed schools this hierarchy of the toughest guido had to be reestablished and I would have to find my place once again. At first I let fights come to me, I would be sized up and someone would confront me, then you would have to fight every kid in the ranking until you lost and then you would know your place. after many battles I learned that waiting for them to bring the fight to me was stupid, it showed weakness and encouraged too many guys to want to challenge you, so the next time I changed schools the first thing I did was find the biggest mug I could find and pick a fight right then and there, win or loose it proved that I wasn't going to lay down and be kicked like a dog, and now my respect level alleviated me from having to fight with every punk below him, the strategy worked and minimized my future beatings. If Queen Bitch gets elected you can bet your A$$ the terrorist will be drawing straws to see who will be the first to test her military resolve. If she get elected, mark my words, I will bet you that there will be another terrorist attack on our country and she will fold like a deck of cards and the whole world will be witness to her crying and babbling as we get our asses kicked, but with her husband as her teacher she will probably sway Ahmadinejad not to nuke us with a BJ.

:soapbox:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 12:19:58 AM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2008, 09:05:23 AM »

I've removed some vulgar, flaming and disrespectful posts from this thread.  Please stay on topic and voice your opinions while following the Rules of Posting in the FAQ section of the site.  PM's are the vehicle for taking things to the gutter, if that's what someone insists on doing.

Thanks.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »

I'm not on your page at all.  I grew up in one of the toughest areas, with Italians, and other ethnic groups as well...most of them would fight a chain saw if provoked...Somehow I survived, and was friends with most of them, without having to ever pass a single blow.  I guess that proves there are other ways to get along with people?

now thats just plain funny right there,

Not a single blow ever passed, doesn't sound like such a tough hood to me, more like a bunch of posers. the guys in my hood brushed their teeth with chain saws, these guys were the siblings of the OG gangsters, aka the MOB. you obviously missed the point I was making. They didn't pick a fight with you because they had a beef with you, you'd be dead or crippled if that were the case, no questions asked. They picked a fight with you for Status, to see what you were made of, and to see where you fit in their order, The Italians were big on structure and order and who got to tell who what to do.  Like I said take down the big guy and you had an easy ride, wait for the fight to come to you and the Guido's would line up cracking their knuckles and waiting their turn to soften your face. This had nothing to do about getting along, if you tried that "can we talk about this" crap, you would get you ass kicked right then and there, earn 0.0 respect, and have a fight waiting for you every day after school. Take the chum bucket off your head and wake up, do you think the terrorist will leave us alone if Hilary smiles nicely and says please. GW realized this mentality and after 911 took the fight to them, and for this I commend him. If this crying wench gets in, I guarantee you her military resolve will be tested and if she whimpers we will all be in a world of hurt.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:29:08 AM by EAGLE1 »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2008, 08:32:03 PM »

Not a single blow ever passed, doesn't sound like such a tough hood to me, more like a bunch of posers. the guys in my hood brushed their teeth with chain saws, these guys were the siblings of the OG gangsters, aka the MOB. you obviously missed the point I was making. They didn't pick a fight with you because they had a beef with you, you'd be dead or crippled if that were the case, no questions asked. They picked a fight with you for Status, to see what you were made of, and to see where you fit in their order, The Italians were big on structure and order and who got to tell who what to do.  Like I said take down the big guy and you had an easy ride, wait for the fight to come to you and the Guido's would line up cracking their knuckles and waiting their turn to soften your face. This had nothing to do about getting along, if you tried that "can we talk about this" crap, you would get you ass kicked right then and there, earn 0.0 respect, and have a fight waiting for you every day after school. Take the chum bucket off your head and wake up, do you think the terrorist will leave us alone if Hilary smiles nicely and says please. GW realized this mentality and after 911 took the fight to them, and for this I commend him. If this crying wench gets in, I guarantee you her military resolve will be tested and if she whimpers we will all be in a world of hurt.
I don't get the: 'chum bucket' deal?????  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2008, 08:57:20 PM »

I don't get the: 'chum bucket' deal?????  spyder

what's a matter with you, dont you watch sponge bob  :huepfenlol2:

Oh my god, everyone is brainwashed  :nervous:

all hail Hilary, all hail Hilary, all hail Hilary, :rolleyes5:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2008, 10:51:46 PM »

Eagle1,

Sure glad I didn't grow up in your neighborhood, but then our circumstances make us what we are as adults.  I grew up in a small town and now live in a smaller town.  I wouldn't have it any other way.
Even though our circumstances growing up were very different, sounds like we have some of the same opinions.

Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend set the stage for the terrorist attacks we have experienced.  Bill Clinton's failure to act with military might led terrorist groups to think that they could get away with anything they wanted to try.

After the 911 attack GW had only one good choice.  By taking the fight to the terrorist we are now much safer here at home.

IMO, GW has been a good president.  Not necessarily a great president, but much better than Al Gore or John Kerry would have been and better than Hillary could be.

And BTW, Hillary just started running campaign ads here.  All she says in the ads is how bad GW did as president.  I don't want to here any candidate (Democrate or Republican) talk about the current administration.  I want to here what they propose to do.  If I don't here their ideas, I will not give them a second thought.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008, 11:09:52 PM »

Eagle1,

Sure glad I didn't grow up in your neighborhood, but then our circumstances make us what we are as adults.  I grew up in a small town and now live in a smaller town.  I wouldn't have it any other way.
Even though our circumstances growing up were very different, sounds like we have some of the same opinions.

Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend set the stage for the terrorist attacks we have experienced.  Bill Clinton's failure to act with military might led terrorist groups to think that they could get away with anything they wanted to try.

After the 911 attack GW had only one good choice.  By taking the fight to the terrorist we are now much safer here at home.

IMO, GW has been a good president.  Not necessarily a great president, but much better than Al Gore or John Kerry would have been and better than Hillary could be.

And BTW, Hillary just started running campaign ads here.  All she says in the ads is how bad GW did as president.  I don't want to here any candidate (Democrate or Republican) talk about the current administration.  I want to here what they propose to do.  If I don't here their ideas, I will not give them a second thought.

HERE HERE !!!!!!!!
 :apple: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: :apple: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

If he could run for another term,,,,,,,, He'd have my vote.   better then anyone else running.

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2008, 01:34:41 AM »

Source...Snopes.com

In August 1998, when [Clinton] ordered missile strikes in an effort to kill Osama bin Laden, there was widespread speculation — from such people as Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) — that he was acting precipitously to draw attention away from the Monica S. Lewinsky scandal, then at full boil. Some said he was mistaken for personalizing the terrorism struggle so much around bin Laden. And when he ordered the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House after domestic terrorism in Oklahoma City, some Republicans accused him of hysteria.
. . . the federal budget on anti-terror activities tripled during Clinton's watch, to about $6.7 billion. After the effort to kill bin Laden with missiles in August 1998 failed — he had apparently left a training camp in Afghanistan a few hours earlier — recent news reports have detailed numerous other instances, as late as December 2000, when Clinton was on the verge of unleashing the military again. In each case, the White House chose not to act because of uncertainty that intelligence was good enough to find bin Laden, and concern that a failed attack would only enhance his stature in the Arab world.

. . . people maintain Clinton should have adapted Bush's policy promising that regimes that harbor terrorism will be treated as severely as terrorists themselves, and threatening to evict the Taliban from power in Afghanistan unless leaders meet his demands to produce bin Laden and associates. But Clinton aides said such a policy — potentially involving a full-scale war in central Asia — was not plausible before politics the world over became transformed by one of history's most lethal acts of terrorism.

Clinton's former national security adviser, Samuel R. Berger . . . said there [was] little prospect . . . that Pakistan would have helped the United States wage war against bin Laden or the Taliban in 1998, even after such outrages as the bombing of U.S. embassies overseas.

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »

I know in the past, I have gone off on politics and when I did, I thought " well I'm the only one with any common sense on this subject "  Reading some of the posts on this thread makes me see that a lot of people feel very passionately about our country,and I applaud that. But it would seem that we have lost a lot of civility in respecting the other guys opinion. That's a shame, and one I would ask everyone to work on. State what's good about your candidate and leave the mudslinging out of it. I damn near missed a chance to get to know a good man and hell of a biker on this site because we both got down and dirty in our political views. Mutual friends made us both see the error of our ways and while we agree to disagree, we are still nonetheless just as passionate in our opinions. The big thing being we go about it with respect for each other. And as that person would say

" so endeth the lesson "

B B

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2008, 12:56:29 PM »

I find all the political chat to be useless and for the most part, flaming and offensive, and more importantly useless on a "what's yer bike got/do" site. I wish the mods would treat it like big bare tits in yer face, remove it all and let the whiners go somewhere else!
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »

I find all the political chat to be useless and for the most part, flaming and offensive, and more importantly useless on a "what's yer bike got/do" site. I wish the mods would treat it like big bare tits in yer face, remove it all and let the whiners go somewhere else!

much as I HATE  censorship Jamey, I couldn't agree more

Can we hear an AMEN for brother Ryan folks ?

B B

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »

how about a big "Thank you"

Dear Mr. Ex President Clinton:

I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "Thank me, I voted for Clinton-Gore." So, I sat down and reflected on that, and I am sending my "Thank you" for what you have done, specifically:

1. Thank you for introducing us to Jennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Dolly Kyle Browning, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Broderick. Did I leave anyone out?

2. Thank you for teaching my 8-year-old about oral sex. I had really planned to wait until he was a little older to discuss it with him, but now he knows more about it than I did as a senior in college.

3. Thank you for showing us that sexual harassment in the work place (especially the White House) and on the job is OK, and all you have to know is what the meaning of "it" is. It really is great to know that certain sexual acts are not sex, and one person may have sex while the other one does not have sex.

4. Thank you for reintroducing the concept of impeachment to a new generation and demonstrating that the ridiculous plot of the movie "Wag the Dog" could be plausible after all.

5. Thanks for making Jimmy Carter look competent, Gerald Ford look graceful, Richard Nixon look honest, Lyndon Johnson look truthful, and John Kennedy look moral.

6. Thank you for the 73 House and Senate witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment and 17 witnesses who have fled the country to avoid testifying about Democratic campaign fund raising.

7. Thank you, for the 19 charges, 8 convictions, and 4 imprisonment's from the Whitewater "mess" and the 55 criminal charges and 32 criminal convictions (so far) in the other "Clinton" scandals.

8. Thanks also for reducing our military by half, "gutting" much of our foreign policy, and flying all over the world on "vacations" carefully disguised as necessary trips.

9 Thank you, also, for "finding" millions of dollars (I really didn't need it in the first place, and I can't think of a more deserving group of recipients for my hard-earned tax dollars) for all of your globe-trotting. I understand you, the family and your cronies have logged in more time aboard Air Force One than any other administration.

10. Now that you've left the White House, thanks for the 140 pardons of convicted felons and indicted felons-in-exile. We will love to have them rejoin society. (Not to mention the scores you pardoned while Governor of Arkansas)

11. Thanks also for removing the White House silverware. I'm sure that Laura Bush didn't like the pattern anyway. Also, enjoy the housewarming gifts you've received from your "friends."

12. Thanks to you and your staff in the West Wing of the White House for vandalizing and destroying government property on the way out. I also appreciate removing all of that excess weight (China, silverware, linen, towels, ash trays, soap, pens, magnetic compass, flight manuals, etc.) out of Air Force 1. The weight savings means burning less fuel, thus less tax dollars spent on jet fuel. Thank you!

13. And finally, please ensure that Hillary enjoys the $8 million dollar advance for her "tell-all" book and you, Bill, the $10 million advance for your memoirs. Who says crime doesn't pay!

14. The last and most important point - thank you for forcing Israel to let Mohammed Atta go free. Terrorist pilot Mohammed Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners". However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands. The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released. Thus Mohammed Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports. Why shouldn't Americans know the real truth?

What a guy!!

And finally, thank you for reminding me of all the things to consider during Hillary's run for president.

SINCERELY,
A US Citizen

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »

AMEN  ;D

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »

I know in the past, I have gone off on politics and when I did, I thought " well I'm the only one with any common sense on this subject "  Reading some of the posts on this thread makes me see that a lot of people feel very passionately about our country,and I applaud that. But it would seem that we have lost a lot of civility in respecting the other guys opinion. That's a shame, and one I would ask everyone to work on. State what's good about your candidate and leave the mudslinging out of it. I damn near missed a chance to get to know a good man and hell of a biker on this site because we both got down and dirty in our political views. Mutual friends made us both see the error of our ways and while we agree to disagree, we are still nonetheless just as passionate in our opinions. The big thing being we go about it with respect for each other. And as that person would say

" so endeth the lesson "

B B

Well said Big B..... :2vrolijk_21: "Friendship and  respect are together"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2008, 08:35:24 AM »

Clinton supporters/apologists are quite used to defending their chosen political leaders - Hill & Bill.  Basically will defend any & all behavior.  Bill did a great job of dismantling the credibility of a variety of so called "feminist" organizations, so for that I remain grateful.  Hitlary gets what she deserves - she dished out hate & vitriol blaming others for her as well as her hubster's behaviors for many years.  So now, like karma, it comes back to play wack-a-mole on the Clinton's as it should.

Not gonna convince a Clintonite that they are not Political Geniuses of All Time. (PGOAT).   Not going to convince a Clinton detractor that they have some worthy traits.  I voted for Bill & know a bit about them from some other stuff, so I am most prejudiced on the subject. 

Prez race '08 will be nasty.  Dirt will come from both sides.  Both sides will claim it's the other side playing dirty, not them.  Diriest campaign ever in memory (funny assumption, considering the 1800's) Yadda, yadda, yadda.  Politics as usual, basically.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »

Prez race '08 will be nasty.  Dirt will come from both sides.  Both sides will claim it's the other side playing dirty, not them.  Dirtiest campaign ever in memory (funny assumption, considering the 1800's) Yadda, yadda, yadda.  Politics as usual, basically.

McCain vs Obama  Now, I'm thinking Obama will go after the Bush Administration and every mistake they made that he can tar McCain with the same brush. McCain will go after Obama for - - - - - - hmmmmmm this is tough, what exactly has Obama done ?  That's the thing that seems to make him the presumptive nominee for the Dems. He doesn't HAVE a record to attack ergo the GOP has to go after what - - his race, well we've seen that already with all of this stuff about Obama's links to Extremist Muslims via his stepfather ( is that stuff true by the way ? scares the bejesus out of me if it is) I think we'll all end up wishing it was Clinton vice Romney once McCain and Obama get done pointing out what the other doesn't know or what dumbass deal the other's been a part of.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »

McCain vs Obama  Now, I'm thinking Obama will go after the Bush Administration and every mistake they made that he can tar McCain with the same brush. McCain will go after Obama for - - - - - - hmmmmmm this is tough, what exactly has Obama done ?  That's the thing that seems to make him the presumptive nominee for the Dems. He doesn't HAVE a record to attack ergo the GOP has to go after what - - his race, well we've seen that already with all of this stuff about Obama's links to Extremist Muslims via his stepfather ( is that stuff true by the way ? scares the bejesus out of me if it is) I think we'll all end up wishing it was Clinton vice Romney once McCain and Obama get done pointing out what the other doesn't know or what dumbass deal the other's been a part of.

BB, you really think a McCain/Obama race would be super nasty?  I may be too optimistic but I think it might not be.  McCain hasn't often gone the way of dark campaigns.  Obama has only been as bitchy as runing against Clinton has required him to be. 

Granted, they could either take a dislike for the other, or a VP's old maid's fiasco might erupt.  But I'm at least hopeful that they'd stay on their points actually a bit more than the past few cycles have seen.

As for Senator's Obama familial history.  No, he wasn't raised in a Wahabbi madrassa.  He did have a step father who was at the edge.  But radicalism (of any kind) has never been part of his personal history. 

He went to school in Indonesia for a few years as a kid.  Not a madrassa (as we think of them now).  Just an Indonesian grade school. 

His biological father was Muslim.  But was not practicing and was perhaps at least agnostic if not atheist. 

His step father was a devout Muslim.  Perhaps even radicalized.  But it never seems to have stuck or been enforced on Barak Obama. 

Since the mid 80s he's been a member of the Church of Christ.  That's well before his political career in Illinois started.  So it can't even be argued that he took up a western faith for the purposes of political expediency.

All the conspiracy wielding notwithstanding.  There's really not much of a real story to the guy's early religious upbringing impacting on the politics of the man today. 

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »

I agree believe it or not. I don;t care what or whos God you pray to, none of my business. Doesn't change the fact that Obama is an:
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »

Stalin passes along some plans...........kinda looks like McCain there huh?
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »

:) :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2008, 05:27:37 PM »

was just crusin the threads,, and came across the best lookin pic of Hillary that I've seen yet. :huepfenlol2:

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »

was just crusin the threads,, and came across the best lookin pic of Hillary that I've seen yet. :huepfenlol2:

Ok, I'm not posting my photo on this site......way too dangerous.  A guy could wind up in a "Priceless Commercial" :D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2008, 06:18:14 PM »

Frankly, when campaigns go to dirt mode, they lose any claim to higher ground.

Leaving the race stuff out of it, because it's cheap & as nasty as the religion stuff (IMHO), Mc Cain can point at Obama & say "liberal" & "do nothing" & "no experience" then play the usual liberal bogeyman cards.  You have the right take on it if Obama goes after McCain, for being aligned with Bush. 

Figure it will be Hill vs McCain, but I am wrong lots.

Suppose some possibly get their underwear in knots over politics around here (not you BB).  To me it's a pleasant diversion into a business that makes sausage making look good in comaprison - politics.

Mike

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »

your not foolin me, that Martha Stewart after getting released from prison  ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2008, 10:29:46 PM »

This belongs on the "What's Everybody Look Like" thread

And Dude, that's FUGLY   :o

Mrs H must turn out the lights a lot  :D

B B

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2008, 03:28:40 PM »

A Moral Test:
This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By  giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional  situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your  answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in Florida , Miami to  be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with  severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photojournalist working for a major news agency, and  you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is  nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing  under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive furor.

THE TEST:

Suddenly you see  a woman in the water. She is fighting for her life, trying not to be  taken down with the debris.

You move closer.

Somehow the woman looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it  is. It's Hillary Clinton!

At the same time  you notice that the raging waters are about to take her under forever.

You have two options:

You can save the life  of Hillary Clinton, or - - - you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize  winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most  powerful and driven women.

THE QUESTION:

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer....

Would you select high contrast color film, or would  you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »

A Moral Test:

Would you select high contrast color film, or would  you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Throwing an anvil is not an option?

Catchy video for all the 1970's era Clintonites:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DXscHOZXfok

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »

Throwing an anvil is not an option?

Catchy video for all the 1970's era Clintonites:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DXscHOZXfok

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 21 queries.