Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: JIMS 120 OR 131" SWAP  (Read 1570 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
JIMS 120 OR 131" SWAP
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:00:44 AM »

I just added up cost for engine mods I would like to do on my 2008 Ultra and come pretty close to 5K investment. In fact I think a few of you may have spent quite a bit more on their 110 mods, Hoist what is your investment so far?  I believe the JIMs 131 inch complete motor is around 7K. It almost makes enough sense to swap motors and sell the stocker. My only concern at this point is the EPA and Calif law. I talked to JIMS and of course they wont offer much information other than to say, "we provide a proof of ownership certificate and you should be o.k. if you keep a copy of this with your registration to prove ownership". O.k, no problem proving to a CHP you own the motor, but what would or could the CHP do if he detects an aftermarket 'race' motor and wants to be an A-hole? Can you leagaly re-regester the aftermarket motor with dMV under pretence the old stock motor blew up,, after all, it would'nt be to hard to prove now day's..

Anyone have good information on this.. ??

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: JIMS 120 OR 131" SWAP
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 04:51:37 AM »

The other option I believe is to by all of the Jims components and build using your own motor as a base. Up here in Canada its not an issue so I am going to to a total motor swap doing the same with an 08.(hopefully).  Keep in mind you'll need a larger throttle body not included with the base price of a Jim's but I still think its the way to go.

twincam

Re: JIMS 120 OR 131" SWAP
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 07:42:25 AM »

I just spoke with SV, HD in Arizona, they wrote me up a estament for$ 9300.00, to install a Jims 131, and I keep the 103.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.