Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: No Posters  (Read 3463 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
No Posters
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »

Just had a look at the Members info and discovered that out of 5,044 members 2,491 have never posted.

How could ya have a Harley (presumably) and not find something interesting to post about on here.

:o

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

SPIDERMAN

Re: No Posters
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:10:44 AM »

Just had a look at the Members info and discovered that out of 5,044 members 2,491 have never posted.

How could ya have a Harley (presumably) and not find something interesting to post about on here.

Nige

Nige,
       Some of us talk so much those other 2,491 can't get a word in.

B B

5,000 members. No wonder the vendors and the MoCo are paying attention. We're quite the little PAC now aren't we - - - - if we wanted to be.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »

Nige,
      Some of us talk so much those other 2,491 can't get a word in.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

B B

5,000 members. No wonder the vendors and the MoCo are paying attention. We're quite the little PAC now aren't we - - - - if we wanted to be.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:20:33 PM »

Nige

That is a bit odd to me too Nigel.  Even more so when I began to realize that a LOT of non-posters are regular readers.  When doing the group buys for pins and patches or other things there are regularly private messages from people that watch regularly but never "say" a word.  Different strokes for different folks. However they enjoy it it's all good.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »

I expect that even when members don't participate with posting, there is a good amount on information and entertainment to be had. One of the great aspects of this forum is that rudeness and negative posts are absent so it can worthwhile to read without posting.  :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »

I expect that even when members don't participate with posting, there is a good amount on information and entertainment to be had. One of the great aspects of this forum is that rudeness and negative posts are absent so it can worthwhile to read without posting.  :2vrolijk_21:

Huh???   :nixweiss:   :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »

I was intimidated to post much at 1st.  It seemed that everyone knew each other well and I was an outsider because I was new to Harley and hadn't met any of the fine folks here.  Well, guess what, I STILL haven't met anyone here and I feel like I fit in just fine now.  I hope a lot of the zero posters read this thread and enter an opinion either way.  I've had members offer me a bike and others a room to stay and I've done the same.

I'm looking forward to meeting several site members very soon at York, Adirondacks, Friday the 13 in Canada, NYS HOG rally, et al
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

rottenroger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »

Coming from a relatively new member it can be very entertaining just to sit back and read. There is also
a huge amount of information to be gleaned from the more seasoned members of this board.
Roger
Code:

SE A/C
Rush Slip-on mufflers  2.25 Baffles
SERT
Chrome Head Bolt Bridge Cover
Ironside Passenger Floor boards
Flush Mount Gas Cap and Gauge
Standard Height Sissy Bar with Rack and 105 Annie Back Rest
Auxilary Passing Lamps
Clearview 17" light gray recurve Shield

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 01:01:25 PM »

I'm just wondering if a reasonable time limit.... a year to 18 months without posting then you would have to reapply. This would keep the system a little less cluttered. Funny thing, the only people who lose in all of this are those who do not participate. Everyone involved has done a great job in sharing info etc.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 01:10:14 PM »

I'm just wondering if a reasonable time limit.... a year to 18 months without posting then you would have to reapply. This would keep the system a little less cluttered. Funny thing, the only people who lose in all of this are those who do not participate. Everyone involved has done a great job in sharing info etc.

Yeah Muff, you took your sweet time getting a head of (posting) steam going.  You've jumped right in over the last several months.  I think you've been a member longer than me.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 01:12:44 PM »

I was intimidated to post much at 1st.  It seemed that everyone knew each other well and I was an outsider because I was new to Harley and hadn't met any of the fine folks here.  Well, guess what, I STILL haven't met anyone here and I feel like I fit in just fine now.  I hope a lot of the zero posters read this thread and enter an opinion either way.  I've had members offer me a bike and others a room to stay and I've done the same.

I'm looking forward to meeting several site members very soon at York, Adirondacks, Friday the 13 in Canada, NYS HOG rally, et al

Mi amigo Jim...what Maggie Valley?....you can't miss that GTG

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »

Agreed with you     :2vrolijk_21:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »

Mi amigo Jim...what Maggie Valley?....you can't miss that GTG

Besides the trips mentioned in my post I'm going to FLA to visit family in two weeks and to the Caribbean in October.  I started a new job less than a year ago and will not have the resources or days off.  That is one I'd like to make though (and the keys next April of course).

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 01:21:23 PM »

Yeah Muff, you took your sweet time getting a head of (posting) steam going.  You've jumped right in over the last several months.  I think you've been a member longer than me.
 You notice thats why I said a reasonable amount.lol Seriously I never used to have CVO Harley on my work computer thinking I was going to do all this CVO stuff at home. Always too much to do when I get home. Just built a new house , moved in in October so I tended to work on it when I got home. Just finished the "Harley shop"  which is my 26' X26" garage inside the main garage which is for bikes only.  Sooner or later I'm going to take the time to figure out how to post my garage pictures......You're right about the posting. it took me 13 months for 80  posts. Hoist does that in a day!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »

does that garage have a beer fridge?  How far from Buffalo are you?  I can help with the photo posting too!

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 21 queries.