Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Renegade Wheels  (Read 1881 times)

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
Renegade Wheels
« on: March 07, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »

I already ordered this but am hoping to get feedback from all you wonderful people about there wheels.

Basically has anyone ever had problems with Renegade Wheels?

Bad experiences?

Good experiences?

Thought of overall quality of their products?

I order the Nightmare wheel with the matching rotor.  And slipping a Dunlop Elite III Radial on the front. 130/18 something or other.. lol yeah i cant remember the exact size besides its 130mm and an 18 inch tire.  It's going on my fatboy though.

I did happen to read some positive reads from you all on the Elite III Bias on the rear, but in my case this is for the front.

So go ahead fill me up.. what am I in for?
Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?

MikeD

Re: Renegade Wheels
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:56:36 AM »

Hey there,
I just had my Renegades put on SEEG back in November/December.  I only put about 200 to 300 miles on it since with bad weather and all.  The only problem I had is with the brakes squealing.  Because of the finish on the front rotors and the compounds in the HD pads, a harmonic vibration occurred when the brakes were applied at certain speeds. You have to switch out your brake pads to an organic compound pad.  Everyone on the site recommends Lyndall's Z pads, however, when ordered through Drag Specialties, the EBC organics arrived and were installed.  I just had the pads installed last week and I was impressed, it squealled a little bit, but I was advised to get the pads through the break in period and they should be fine.  The squealing is only had very slow speeds and it is very faint and almost unnoticeable if the music in on! 

I went with a 21" wheel on the front and love the look.  The handling is different, I like it better.  The front end seems lighter.  I put the 18" on the rear and ride two up a lot.   I have yet to bottom out on it.  I do plan on going to an upgraded rear suspension soon.  Everyone on the site loves Bitubo's and since Traxxion is in my backyard, I will probably go with them. 

Overall, I very satisfied with the fit and finish of the Renegades.  They are bad a$$, costly but worth it!  Let me know how you turn out.  I have pics of mine in the Electra Glide portion of the site, under SEEG got some new chrome.

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »

I have a set of Monterey wheels.  I have had no issues and have put about 40k on them.  When I had questions they were courteous and spent as long as it took to answer.  I would definitely buy another set but due to budgetary constraints the low rider will have to wait.

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 12:35:06 PM »

Hey everyone thanks for the information and all.  I will have to look into getting some new brake pads now.  But I'll let what I have finish waearing out first.. I can deal with a little squeal for now.  But my rim arrived, and got it installed... looks great.  Here it is:

Paul

--------

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:36:26 PM »

And the other side:

Paul

--------

1711tab

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »

I already ordered this but am hoping to get feedback from all you wonderful people about there wheels.

Basically has anyone ever had problems with Renegade Wheels?

Bad experiences?

Good experiences?

Thought of overall quality of their products?

I order the Nightmare wheel with the matching rotor.  And slipping a Dunlop Elite III Radial on the front. 130/18 something or other.. lol yeah i cant remember the exact size besides its 130mm and an 18 inch tire.  It's going on my fatboy though.

I did happen to read some positive reads from you all on the Elite III Bias on the rear, but in my case this is for the front.

So go ahead fill me up.. what am I in for?

I've had Renegade wheels since 1999 and Wendell Smith & Company produce a quality product for a reasonable price...
HYPERFORMANCE 131"

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.