Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Stongest 103 w/o warranty loss  (Read 10996 times)

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
Re: Stongest 103 w/o warranty loss
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 12:32:45 PM »

Spoke to Zippers again today and found out the following.  05 SE 103 heads require different maps and they hope to have them ready in a few weeks so I will have to wait for them to be finished.  The Reinhart pipes they recommend are the basic model true dual without any additional baffle or competition inserts.  
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 07:01:08 PM »

I guess I'm still old school. I still like the thunder header. The R&D guys at Zippers like the D&D fat cat. I guess thats why there are so many choices. I would guess the difference in the heads was to statisfy the EPA.
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 05:42:07 PM »

DCFIREMAN - the thunderheaders are great - have not personally run them  - but alot of personal experience riding them - watching them on the dyno - outstanding performers - I just perfered the rineharts w/high performance baffling - they just plain ran better on this bike (first yellow on the site might I add  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]) been reviewing your input as to hp upgrades and given combinations - might i add a significant point - an engine has a  personality of its own - not 2 bikes with the identical combinations will run the same - but close - they each will maintain their own special touch.

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 05:59:33 PM »

I just perfered the rineharts w/high performance baffling - they just plain ran better on this bike.

Can't find the thread where you probably mention this but what size baffles did you go with on your Rineharts?  Stock baffle is 2 1/4", if I remember correctly.

thanks,

elvis

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 07:39:44 PM »

DCFIREMAN - the thunderheaders are great - have not personally run them
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 09:33:27 PM »

Well, I have decided to use the Zippers ECM, Rineharts and SE air cleaner for now.  I have to wait for Zippers to finish mapping the ECM for the 05 103 heads with Rineharts which should be a few weeks.  When they get their 50mm throttle/AC to fit the stock SE cover (I really like the stock engine look and the ease of taking the stuff off if I don't care for it) I will give that a try as well.  I will post dyno numbers when they are available.  As for the warranty stuff, I am willing to take this much risk and believe that the clean burning, open breathing method of power production versus compression is worth a try for overall useable power.  I don't really care about the charted numbers as long as the thing pulls strong, is reliable and runs as cool as possible.  My bike landed today [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]and will be picked up next week stock while I wait for Zippers.   Thanks to all for your advice and hope to see some more Zippers projects. As I have said before their highly adjustable ECM just makes to much sense for me not to give it a try.  Is anyone using the o2 sensor on the rineharts for anything?  That seems like info that could be helpful in making the thing burn correctly.
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 10:02:25 AM »

Pappy I think you will be happy at least for a while with your upgrades. Stay safe.

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 12:17:31 PM »

Pappy, what's the cost for the 50MM throttle body?  Do you need to run the Zippers ECM or can the Race Tuner handle the tuning?  Congrats on your canary!  Spook.

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 01:22:35 PM »

i can get the R/H high performance baffle part number tonight -but that is basically what they are listed under when ordered

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »

Zippers tells me that the throttle body a/c together are around 1,000.  I do not know if the race tuner will work with their TB but Zippers have been great to talk to and you should give them a call.  Their web site is http://www.zippersperformance.com and I have been talking to a guy named Pete.  Since I "decided", I have seen the Daytona Twin Tec with WEGO unit at http://www.daytona-twintec.com/ which is intrigueing as well with the ride and tune feature that would plug into the o2 sensor on the reinharts and tune the thing while you ride and adjust as you make any other mods.  I want to check into this for grins as it also makes some sense and find out how truely variable their ECM is versus the multitude of adjustments available on the Zippers.  There is a BC Gerolamy throttle body kit with an air cleaner that I think will fit the SE cover for 1,280 on http://www.bcheads.com/fuel.htm.
This is the ECM, Auto tuner, twin throttle body and HO AC which with the reinharts for 700 should bring the whole thing in under 2K.  I clearly still think Zippers is a better option for now but I am going to research the other one.  I will ask Zippers if they tune their ECM to the bc throttle body-AC thing as that could be the best of both worlds.  I wonder how the Daytona is able to tune two cylinders running from seperate pipes with one o2 sensor and if the thing really results in usable power and a clean burn.  Lots to learn.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Spook - great to see you thinking about this as maybe your feeling a little better and at least dreaming about riding that Apple of yours again. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 03:15:54 PM »

Spook_103,

Here are the "Retail Prices" Zipper's quoted me:

Thundermax ECM (preprogrammed to my application): $429.95
50 mm throttle body

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 09:45:46 PM »

Got a call from Zippers late today and was told my ECM was ready for the Rinehart/SE Air Cleaner option on an 05 SEEG 103.  I went ahead and ordered it for 430 + shp and will get the pipes either off Ebay or from Cyborg for around 650 delivered.  Total installed by me with the SE AC is around $1,200 before the throttle body work.  They did not like the twin throat injector concept and had no plans to map it.  Those prices on their throttle body package will work for me when they get it done for the SE stock cover and am on the list for one of those as well.  The Daytona self adjusting thing may be to complicated for my taste right now and if the Zippers thing does not work out, I am only out a few hundred bucks and can go another direction.  I will post the results when I get these things done in a few weeks and put it on a dyno for grins.  

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 10:02:34 PM »

Pappy trust me the Zippers thing will work out. You will have a cooler running bike with more H/P and TQ. I know you will be happy. Stay safe.

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2005, 03:30:49 AM »

Dean welcome to the site.

I would take the factory 88ci motor to 95ci or even 103 if you like. You can buy a set of pistons(forged not cast) that are 3.875 plus 005. Have your cylinders bored and the piston to wall clearence set. If you go to 103 you will need a set of stroker pistons. You can also go to 107 Zippers has a package for that.  Take your heads send them out and have them ported, light polishing, increase the valve size and install new H/P springs. Zippers can also do that. Find a good low end cam (lots of lift and a duration below 245 degrees) and purchase the Zippers ECM and throttle body with a good set of pipes.  

Have this installed by a good shop or dealer and then get the bike dialed in on a dyno. You should be very happy with the performance. Stay safe.

THE DAWG.    
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2005, 06:21:59 AM »

The only opinions that I have so far about tuning come from reading this board (THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO DC AND OTHER WHO HAVE BEEN KIND AND GENEROUS WITH THEIR TIME TO TAKE ME THROUGH THIS) and a couple of friends who have hopped up their 88s to 95s.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 06:35:17 AM by pappy2 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.