Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Stongest 103 w/o warranty loss  (Read 10994 times)

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Stongest 103 w/o warranty loss
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 07:35:07 AM »

Thanks guys for the information.  I might not beable to ride the beast for long distances but at least I can go fast for a short time!!!  Thanks again Pappy.  If I ever get Florida way, I will let you buy me a cold one!  Ride safe guys.  Spook.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2005, 08:50:52 AM »

Guys,

Make no mistake I "prefer" the True Duals for looks and style. But all the feedback I keep getting from the people who are "truly knowledgeable" in getting this motor to perform best, the overwhelming consensus is it will perform best with a 2 into 1 preformance pipe. Some like the Vance and Hines Pro-Pipe, some D&D'sFat Cat and most choose the Thunderheader..........(one wrench recommended Bassani headers with Thunderheader slip-ons).

I want the best of both worlds.....looks and performance! No sense in building up the motor to kill its potential with an inferior pipe. [smiley=dunce2.gif]

Zipper's likes the D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 and it comes with a falsie for the true dual look. They are also currently testing with the Hooker's True duals (which were my first choice all along). Once they conclude their testing I will be making the final decision and sending them some cash.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 12:35:37 PM »

Perhaps it is true that an independent build will have better performance, but realize you can kiss your warrenty goodbye if you chip a cam, or have some such major failure, unless the "stealer" did an HD build.  Just food for thought. Spook

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 12:54:15 PM »

Spook,

In an earlier post I noted Zipper's has Authorized Harley Dealer's who sell and install their ware's. And are more than willing to share that info with everyone. So if you get an "HD Dealer" that knows what they are doing they will usually stand behind their work regardless.

This thread wants to maintain warranty coverage so staying to mild upgrades (ie, pipes, air cleaner kit, throttle body, ecm) shouldn't kill your warranty unless you use an "HD Stealer". [smiley=dunce2.gif]

I plan to hold onto my stock parts just in case. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

If you build a race motor all Harley or otherwise you are on your own anyway if there is a failure. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

Decisions....decisions.....to bad Harley just didn't build it to 110 horse & 120 torque straight from the factory. Now that would be a real "Screaming Eagle"....... [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »

Point well taken.  Figure this way, if they built that 110/120 motor, we would then want to take it to 140/160 and THAT would be expensive (as if getting the current 110/120 isn't)!
Wonder how I could make a Hyabusa motor look like a v-twin.  Hmmmm.  Spook.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 01:40:46 PM »

Spook,

How about we mount the Suzuki drive train in a stealth side-car......think of the synergies............wow! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 03:48:30 PM »

OK!  You first..........  Spook.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 05:50:03 PM »

Axe,

I don't know if you can out ride ol' Hub, but you may be surprised how the new numbers shake out in a Dyno Drag......... [smiley=shocked2.gif]

That 107 package is the bomb! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2005, 07:01:36 AM »

Axe,

I don't know if you can out ride ol' Hub, but you may be surprised how the new numbers shake out in a Dyno Drag......... [smiley=shocked2.gif]

That 107 package is the bomb! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The thing you have to remember is Zippers builds reliable horsepower. So the 107 you get runs good but you could get more out of it if you wanted. It wouldn't be cheap but can be done.

As a famous person on this site has said  A MAN CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH HORSEPOWER! I have to agree! Stay  safe.

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2005, 10:41:35 AM »

Sorry I took so long to get back with a reply.  After owning a v-rod for 637 miles, I can only say there is NO reason for HD to have a v-rod, when a bike one third the price will run circles around it.  Sigh.  Spook.  

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2005, 05:34:24 PM »

Ok, I admit I am crazy but after reading more on this board by Spook and others and talking to DC last night and Zippers today, I went ahead with the following changes.  I ordered the throttle body, manifold, AC, from Zippers and changed my order for pipes from the Rineharts to the D&D fat cat system with Chris @ Kustomemporium who was very helpful and gives 20% discount on HD stuff.  They are sending me a remap disc for the ECM that I have already on the way set up for the Rineharts.  I feel silly ordering a ghost pipe at this time but if I think it looks to funny I will get that done later.  I will get an EVO cover plate for the AC from HD that suits my eye.  What started as a thread on warranty issues has come off track because I really don't expect that to be a problem with this set-up that does not involve mods to the engine internals and it is a fight worth having if necc later.  Thanks again for all the advice and I hope this all works out when it gets here.  I am going up to SC to get the Banana next week and will stop by Myrtle on the 14 to say hi to DC and buy him a cold one for his troubles.   Be safe   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2005, 07:28:08 PM »

Pappy2,

Congratulations! And keep us posted...........please. I am about to order the same exact Zipper's package. (Still fussing over the true dual/2 into 1 options)

My bike is due in next Tuesday or Wednesday. What was the total tab? I was quoted $1909 from Zipper's for the entire package includingthe D&D 2 into 1 pipe.

How did DC let you get away from the Thunderheader? I stopped by Roeder HD today in Sandusky, Ohio. I was there right about quitting time so I took a look at what the their Tech's had on their own bikes for pipes...........and right down the line (6-8 bikes) they were running Thunderheader's. Things that make me go hmmm.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2005, 12:21:16 PM »

I think we should all put our original 103's on the garage shelf, do a group buy on the Jim's 120, have T-man do the heads and end up with 140+ RWH.  Enough of this farting around a piece at a time!  What's 8K plus $1200 for the head work to this crowd.  Mear coffee money!?  Oh yeah, might have to change to gear driven cams, then there is that turbo/n02 setup that we could hang on there.....  Now where is that pimple-faced kid with the 600 Honda?   Just a thought.  Spook.

michburt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 09:18:36 PM »

Elvis,
Unfortunately I'll have to be the first then to pop the "Syn3 in all three holes" universally positive vote.
Just plain happy to be here, but then one reaches an age where one is happy to be anywhere.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 09:39:45 PM »

Don't mean to interupt, but which Redline did you use in the Tranny?

Mike

It's the heavyweight shockproof Mike.  Works good and looks pretty too  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.