Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Howdy from Fort Worth, TX.  (Read 2515 times)

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
Howdy from Fort Worth, TX.
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »

Been riding my whole life, but have been riding Metric "Performance Cruisers" for the last several years.  I signed for a 2007 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic today, pick it up tomorrow.  I don't have any pics yet, but here http://www.hdtrader.com/display/more.asp?inventoryID=74523 is a link to one that is "identical" to it.  Picked it up from Longhorn Harley in Grand Prairie, but I live in Fort worth.  I am really, really pumped.  It is bone stock.  I have a TON of questions.  This bike has left me cash shy, but I am looking for some slip on's and would like some advise.  I am partial to the BUB's, but any input is apreciated.  Will I REALLY need the ECU flash with just slip on's?  This is my first dresser, well the first one that came that way.  It has ABS and NAV with CB, but I highly doubt I will be using the CB.  Any input on the nav?  I am kind of doubtful since it is just using the LCD on the stereo.  Again I am really excited, cannot wait to get it in the garage!

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: Howdy from Fort Worth, TX.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:13:53 AM »

Good morning 1Trickydick

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:28:12 AM »

laissez les bon temps rouler - from Bourbon St, New Orleans!

:drink:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »

Been riding my whole life, but have been riding Metric "Performance Cruisers" for the last several years.  I signed for a 2007 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic today, pick it up tomorrow.  I don't have any pics yet, but here http://www.hdtrader.com/display/more.asp?inventoryID=74523 is a link to one that is "identical" to it.  Picked it up from Longhorn Harley in Grand Prairie, but I live in Fort worth.  I am really, really pumped.  It is bone stock.  I have a TON of questions.  This bike has left me cash shy, but I am looking for some slip on's and would like some advise.  I am partial to the BUB's, but any input is apreciated.  Will I REALLY need the ECU flash with just slip on's?  This is my first dresser, well the first one that came that way.  It has ABS and NAV with CB, but I highly doubt I will be using the CB.  Any input on the nav?  I am kind of doubtful since it is just using the LCD on the stereo.  Again I am really excited, cannot wait to get it in the garage!

Welcome to the site, TD!   :2vrolijk_21:

Texas native here - born in central TX  then lived in Arlington for 19 years & now in the Bug Infested Swampy Tourist Fleecing Jungle State.

Bike tends to run hot due to it being too lean from the facotry - lots of people have modified ECM's to correct this.  You may wish to consider a SERT or Power Commander or similar.  A Stage 1 air filter is not that expensive & it helps it breathe better, too.  I have true dual Rinharts on mine - made by Bub. Bub has some new true duals that I would consider for mine now.  Slip ons are a good idea if you do not like stock exhaust - even my wife noticed it was puny.

You are right on the GPS nav in the radio - it's a POS that is also a waste of time.  I use the CB some when riding in a group but usually ride without it. 

Tons of stuff here to spend money on consider as future modifications.  Lots of great posters with more info than you can imagine. Enjoy!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »

Trickydick,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: In regards to your exhaust question best thing to do is try to hear as many different exhaust on bikes similar to yours (110ci/Dresser). Ask if you can sit on the bike w/it running or stand in a position that you can have your head (ears) as close to a normal riding position as possible so you can tell how the sound is going to be for you. Some mufflers will be louder then others and you'll want to find something that will be comfortable for your riding position. If you will be riding double a lot you may want to have your passenger w/you so they can hear the pipes also having them sitting on the bike or head close to their normal riding position. You may also want to stand behind the bike to hear how loud the pipes are just in case you live somewhere that would have noise ordinance issues.

You mention the bike you are getting has ABS and I thought ABS just came out in 2008 models. :confused5: You may want to confirm that is correct.

Many have found the Nav system lacking in functions and have added aftermarket units (Garmin Zumo). You can take a look at the Electronic Toys and Gadgets board to find many threads on the Zumo and other GPS devices.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:54:14 AM »

Welcome from Oklahoma!

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »

Welcome from Norway!

On-board GPS - No Good - Recomend Garmin Zumo.
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 12:03:08 PM »

Welcome to the site from Illinois!   :2vrolijk_21:

Don't worry on spending more money on your new ride - you can always make more!!!   ::)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »

Welcome to CVO Harley!!!!!! :2vrolijk_21:
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

Welcome to the site from Ontario Canada. Let the spending begin.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 07:06:39 PM »

1Trickydick welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »

Hey Tricky dick. Fort Worth boy here myself. Well, actually born in FTW, still work there, but live in Weatherford now. Holler sometime. Lets ride.

Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 11:35:49 PM »

You Tricky-welcome form the Great Pacific North West! You should definately do a Fly & Ride here!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »

All,
  Thanks for the welcome, and to all those that are local we will ride soon!  I am currently a bit jammed as far as time goes, I am taking the new bike down to New Braunsfels for my final check out dive next weekend.  I am getting recertified on SCUBA for a trip my wife and I are taking to Jamaica in May.  I did not mean to come off like a moron with my exhaust question.  I know I prefer the sound of the BUB slip on's, I was asking what slip on's perform the best.  My "other" bike puts 101HP and 121FP to the rear wheel, and while this bike is amazing, it is not nearly as fast as my other one.  That being said, this bike is everything I have been wanting in a bike for several years.  I wanted a full touring bike, and considered everything out there.  The Goldwing is pretty much the ultimate in touring, but it has no real soul(but damn they are fast).  I briefly considered one of the BMW K bikes, but to go along with the lack of soul, I absolutely HATED the way the K1200LT rode.  It was like being on a couch and the suspension completely took away the entire motorcycle experience.  I rode the Victory Vision, but could not get past the overall look of the bike.
SO, the short list is Slip on's, shorter antenna and some sort of pouch for the windscreen.  Of ALL the things that this bike has, I am suprised that it does not have some sort of garage remote built in, I will make due with a mini-remote that I have been using on my other bikes.  Any and all suggestions are welcome!  I have read about the J&M shorties, but was looking at Item number 200207862181 on eBay.  Anyone know if they perform as well as the J&M?

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 12:48:40 AM »

Welcome from Flower Mound, TX........are you sure you don't have the garage door opener? Came with my 2006 CUSE.........

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »

All,
  Thanks for the welcome, and to all those that are local we will ride soon!  I am currently a bit jammed as far as time goes, I am taking the new bike down to New Braunsfels for my final check out dive next weekend.  I am getting recertified on SCUBA for a trip my wife and I are taking to Jamaica in May.  I did not mean to come off like a moron with my exhaust question.  I know I prefer the sound of the BUB slip on's, I was asking what slip on's perform the best.  My "other" bike puts 101HP and 121FP to the rear wheel, and while this bike is amazing, it is not nearly as fast as my other one.  That being said, this bike is everything I have been wanting in a bike for several years.  I wanted a full touring bike, and considered everything out there.  The Goldwing is pretty much the ultimate in touring, but it has no real soul(but damn they are fast).  I briefly considered one of the BMW K bikes, but to go along with the lack of soul, I absolutely HATED the way the K1200LT rode.  It was like being on a couch and the suspension completely took away the entire motorcycle experience.  I rode the Victory Vision, but could not get past the overall look of the bike.
SO, the short list is Slip on's, shorter antenna and some sort of pouch for the windscreen.  Of ALL the things that this bike has, I am suprised that it does not have some sort of garage remote built in, I will make due with a mini-remote that I have been using on my other bikes.  Any and all suggestions are welcome!  I have read about the J&M shorties, but was looking at Item number 200207862181 on eBay.  Anyone know if they perform as well as the J&M?

TD - Your bike does have a built in garage remote.  Hi/low beam light switch is the switch - after you set it up.  info is in your owner's manual, & it should have come with a box to wire in to your garage door opener directly also.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »

TD - Your bike does have a built in garage remote.  Hi/low beam light switch is the switch - after you set it up.  info is in your owner's manual, & it should have come with a box to wire in to your garage door opener directly also.
The transmitter is (should be) on the bike, but did he get the receiver to hook up to the garage door? :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »

The transmitter is (should be) on the bike, but did he get the receiver to hook up to the garage door? :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

The SEULTRA comes with so much crappola stuff it took me a week to figure out what all the bike had - the dealer told me about it all, but basically I wanted to get on it & ride instead of listening to all the info.  I wonder if this bike also has a "mystery button?"

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 08:46:56 AM »

The remote is built into the hi/lo beam switch and the bike should have a receiver that attaches to your opener and 110v in the house -takes about 1 m inute to synch the receiver to the bike and hook up the supplied wire lead to your opener-works great about 50 yards range switch to hi beam and back and the door operates. Enjoy!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »

I suppose I need to RTFM huh?  I did get the owners manual, but did not read it.... obviously.  What I did not get is a box for inside the house, I bought the bike used with 7k miles on it.  Odd that it would require that?  I will look for a replacement on the Harley web site....(sigh)
BTW, if you go to www.richnixon.com/ultra.html you can get a couple of better pics.  I will post more as the week goes buy, hopefully in more exotic locale's than my driveway!

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 11:39:31 PM »

1 Tricky no worries. I saw the receiver in the catalog-$90 i think. It looks like a square black smoke detector with a Bar & Shield, wire antennae, LED and a button for programing withthe male 110 plug on the back.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »

Welcome to CVO Harley from Southern Indiana!   :2vrolijk_21:
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 09:56:05 PM »

A Big CVO Howdy From Texas............Linny

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »

Welcome from south Florida! Came to the right place for info on how to spend the bucks....

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 12:23:19 AM »

A Florida Welcome to You.
Drop a kick-stand and enjoy your stay.  :2vrolijk_21:

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »

Welcome aboard and below is a pic of what you can do for starters ;)
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 21 queries.