Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Touring Frame High Speed Wobble, '08s????  (Read 20414 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Touring Frame High Speed Wobble, '08s????
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »

Not being the clearest person in saying what I want an answer to, I'm not sure that my original "mind" question has been answered.

On the '07 and earlier FL's, the front stabilizer link was down low in the front.  In the '08 FL's the stabilizer had been moved to the head area on the front cylinder.

The question I was looking to be answered is this; Is the '08 a better handling FL than the previous '07 and earlier FL's?

I know that the lower rear track stabilizers are used on all but the new '09 FL's and the track stabilizers seem to make a difference from low speed firmness up to and including eliminating the high speed wobble.

But are '08s susceptible to the same violent wobble as the earlier bikes?

Thanks to the oh so many that have responded and added great information to this post.  I have not yet experienced the wobble and may never because I don't ride that fast.

Thanks again.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

screwup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC 3
Re: Touring Frame High Speed Wobble, '08s????
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2008, 04:16:33 PM »

:orange: :jalapeno: yes on my 08 seuc i had experience the woble particularly in the curves, (I am not very agressive in corners) usually 15- 30 tops above posted but it did scare the ++))_ almost out of me.   But wonders will never cease, I finally did get the twr on now if harley sold chains (it is snowing here) I could go test ride it. but.  maybe later
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.