Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Se air cleaner question  (Read 2365 times)

ido911s

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Se air cleaner question
« on: May 02, 2005, 09:13:11 PM »

Can anybody answer a question I have regarding the correct SE air cleaner to use when trying to get the best flow. The Screamin' Eagle catalog calls for part #29440-99C for an '05 FLTRI but the H-D web site references part # 29773-02B. I don't think the last part number is quite as free breathing but my local dealer's parts man says they are both similar in flow. Which will produce the most flow?
Thanks in advance for any help.
SEO

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Se air cleaner question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:59:54 AM »

Can anybody answer a question I have regarding the correct SE air cleaner to use when trying to get the best flow. The Screamin' Eagle catalog calls for part #29440-99C for an '05 FLTRI but the H-D web site references part # 29773-02B. I don't think the last part number is quite as free breathing but my local dealer's parts man says they are both similar in flow. Which will produce the most flow?
Thanks in advance for any help.
SEO

I don't have my parts book handy.  Are you asking about the difference between the K&N oiled filter and the new SE paper filter or the complete kits with backing plates?

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

ido911s

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 01:23:37 PM »

I think both are paper/dry one has the crossed flags in the screamin' eagle catalog and the other just has the stop light symbol so I think it is "street legal" which makes me think it doesn't flow quite as well.
SEO

Switchblade

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 10:01:26 AM »

The "C" suffix is a revision of the "A" and "B" versions.  The problem with the "C" is that the head breathers are part of the mounting plate that bolts to the carb.  This creates a closed loop causing everthing that comes out to be sucked back in by the carb which defeats part of the SE's advantage and looses a couple of ponies in the process.  If you can find a left over "A or B" version on a dealers shelf, you can vent to a small filter somewhere out of the way on the bike.  Make sure you use a filter because the vent also draws air in, you will also need to plug the holes in the mounting plate that will not be used.

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 11:22:40 PM »

They breathe the same regardless of the version.  One is packaged with a sticker saying it's compliant, one isn't.  That's the difference.  All the backing plate designs have changed, but that doesn't affect the filter.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 01:22:40 AM »

Hey folks,

Theoretically the 29440-xx number is for "carb" bikes and the 29773-xx is for "fuelies". However in actuality there is no difference, you see H-D at one time packaged a single use cartridge with the StageI kits for fuelies, and this kind of carried over. If you have your dealer do a kit breakdown via h-dnet on the 29773-xx number you will find that it lists an instruction sheet and 29440-xx.

There you have it
SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.