Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Happy Anniversary to Howie and Binx  (Read 4304 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Happy Anniversary to Howie and Binx
« on: May 17, 2008, 07:46:31 AM »

Happy Anniversary to Howie and Binx!!!!! Don't ask me how I knew this was their anniversary. I'm just smart that way.

:orange: :orange: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Everybody thinks Howie is bad to the bone because he rides WFO all the time. but, Binx is the one who gets my respect. How does she just calmly hang on the back waving her arms like a bird while Howie is splitting lanes at 150 MPH? My hat is off to ya Binx, I wouldn't ride on the back of his ride for all the money in the world.  ;D

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Happy Anniversary to Howie and Binx
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:56:17 AM »

Happy Anniversary to Howie and Binx!!!!! Don't ask me how I knew this was their anniversary. I'm just smart that way.

:orange: :orange: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Everybody thinks Howie is bad to the bone because he rides WFO all the time. but, Binx is the one who gets my respect. How does she just calmly hang on the back waving her arms like a bird while Howie is splitting lanes at 150 MPH? My hat is off to ya Binx, I wouldn't ride on the back of his ride for all the money in the world.  ;D

Happy Anniversary Binx (and Howie) hope you enjoy the spa  ;) Congrats and hope your day is a memorable one. Proud to call you two our friends and can't wait to see youze two.

Binx, I'm with Ken, there ain't NO way I'd ever ride on the back of a moped let alone Cybil with Howie at the throttle. Kudos to you!!!

Howie

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 07:58:27 AM »

Congrats,  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 08:11:26 AM »

Happy Anniversay youse two!!!  Hope you two yewts have a great day at da spa!!! 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 08:12:23 AM »

Congrats and Happy Anniversary Howie and Binx!!!!!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 08:16:58 AM »

Happy Anniversary Howie and Binx!!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:27:11 AM »

Happy Anniversary you two!!  :orange:
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

harleydiva

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:36:16 AM »

Happy Anniversary!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 08:59:31 AM »

Wow, what a nice thing to wake up to! You guys are the best. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Just so ya know, Binx never was on a bike before she met me. I trained her to be able to be Hoist's BSR. Set the bike up for her comfort and safety! She loves it back there, and speed doen't bother her on the bike. I don't think it's possible for her to ever forget the term "Passenger Neutral"! Now the cage, that's a whole nuther story. That's when I get my punches from her! :o ;)

Today is spa day for us. There's a new huge place that opened up not far from us. It has everything so you can spend an entire day there (And $$$ to I'm sure)!

And now Don Pardo, tell Binx what she's won! (Let's see how long it takes her to find that out cause she'll have to read it here first. Prolly wondering why there was no gift!) I'm getting Binx a new car for herself, as soon as she figures out which one. Smaller model with decent gas mileage. Looking at the RAV4 and the Mini Cooper right now. Any other suggestions? :confused5:

Ken, We're destined to remember each others special day forever now! Unless of course like you, I forget my anniversary!!! ::) ??? ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »

Wow, what a nice thing to wake up to! You guys are the best. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Just so ya know, Binx never was on a bike before she met me. I trained her to be able to be Hoist's BSR. Set the bike up for her comfort and safety! She loves it back there, and speed doen't bother her on the bike. I don't think it's possible for her to ever forget the term "Passenger Neutral"! Now the cage, that's a whole nuther story. That's when I get my punches from her! :o ;)

Today is spa day for us. There's a new huge place that opened up not far from us. It has everything so you can spend an entire day there (And $$$ to I'm sure)!

And now Don Pardo, tell Binx what she's won! (Let's see how long it takes her to find that out cause she'll have to read it here first. Prolly wondering why there was no gift!) I'm getting Binx a new car for herself, as soon as she figures out which one. Smaller model with decent gas mileage. Looking at the RAV4 and the Mini Cooper right now. Any other suggestions? :confused5:

Ken, We're destined to remember each others special day forever now! Unless of course like you, I forget my anniversary!!! ::) ??? ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
I know this may sound corny, but you might want to consider getting Binx a loaded Toyota Prius.  Debbie loves hers.  She drives it to work (132 miles round trip) every day and averages 55 mpg!!  It's rated as a mid-size, cuz it has a ton of room inside!!  She only fills the car up once a week which is great.  It's an '04 and she has 100K on it and we haven't had a lick of problems with it.  I take it in religiously every 5K for its service.  My sister and niece have Priuses (Prii?) also and they love them.

Enjoy your day at the spa!! :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »

Howie,
I know this may sound corny, but you might want to consider getting Binx a loaded Toyota Prius.  Debbie loves hers.  She drives it to work (132 miles round trip) every day and averages 55 mpg!!  It's rated as a mid-size, cuz it has a ton of room inside!!  She only fills the car up once a week which is great.  It's an '04 and she has 100K on it and we haven't had a lick of problems with it.  I take it in religiously every 5K for its service.  My sister and niece have Priuses (Prii?) also and they love them.

Enjoy your day at the spa!! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks. and thanks for the car input Charlie. I'll mention that one to her too. I like it, but not sure she does. But we'll be giving it a good look when we go checking these cars out! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »

Happy Anniversary to you from the Rooster's

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »

Congrats to the both of you have a wonderful day. :2vrolijk_21:

Binx I'll have to send you a special congrats knowing that you love and put up with a "EBCM#4.25 & TA#126.2" ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary you two !  :drink:

Best wishes

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »

Congrats and happy anniversary to you two. :2vrolijk_21:

Howie, I'm not sure what the posts above are referring to........I thought you were a pretty good rider. :nixweiss:  You kept up with our riding and isn't lane splitting a way of life on two wheels?. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

vagabond6542

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 02:36:15 PM »

Howie and Binx,

Congratulation on the your anniversary. You are great people to know and ride with.

George and Judy (Jetsons?)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 10:36:41 PM by vagabond6542 »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »

happy aniv. to both of you hope to see you soon
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »

Happy Anniversary Howie and Binx!  Congratulations and hope you enjoy this day and the next year to the fullest together.

Craig

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 07:33:59 PM »

Congrats and happy anniversary to you two. :2vrolijk_21:

Howie, I'm not sure what the posts above are referring to........I thought you were a pretty good rider. :nixweiss:  You kept up with our riding and isn't lane splitting a way of life on two wheels?. :huepfenlol2:

Thanks so much again gang!

JC, they're referring to the fact that there's no way they could ride with you guys either. Kept up fine for a rental FD. Sometimes even you guys were too slow. Frankly, when I'm on the SERK, it makes me look like I rode with you guys like an angel. Nobody yet from this group I've ridden Cybil with, except Chip and 103T, were comfortable riding my ride or able to keep up. I usually sit back and keep pace with the group I'm with, but sometimes I see some nice road ahead of me, and have to jump out myself for some rock and roll, and wait fort them down the road apiece! I'm hoping to have some fun with Pete in the Adirondacks though. I hear he rides! And if I'm on my street bike, people here would want me committed! They probably do already! One day I hope to see if them HBRR's are all they're cracked up to be! ;)

Hoist! 8)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »

Hey Howie & Binx.  HQ & I have been out riding all day and just signed on and saw this post.  So congrats and hope you had a great day together.  See you at the bbq in a couple weeks.

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »

Thanks so much again gang!

JC, they're referring to the fact that there's no way they could ride with you guys either. Kept up fine for a rental FD. Sometimes even you guys were too slow. Frankly, when I'm on the SERK, it makes me look like I rode with you guys like an angel. Nobody yet from this group I've ridden Cybil with, except Chip and 103T, were comfortable riding my ride or able to keep up. I usually sit back and keep pace with the group I'm with, but sometimes I see some nice road ahead of me, and have to jump out myself for some rock and roll, and wait fort them down the road apiece! I'm hoping to have some fun with Pete in the Adirondacks though. I hear he rides! And if I'm on my street bike, people here would want me committed! They probably do already! One day I hope to see if them HBRR's are all they're cracked up to be! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That was fun. :huepfenjump3: :) :2vrolijk_21:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »

:oops:  Did not realize where I was replying . . . . Happy Anniversary Howie and Binx! :2vrolijk_21:

BTW, this is also me and Mrs. 103t's anniversary. :-*

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »

Must be the season for anniversaries.  Sheila and I celebrate # 22 one week from today!   :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »

happy aniv brain

happy aniv scott

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 09:44:42 PM »

Many More!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »

HaPpY  AnNiVeRsArY you guys,,,, 

So if its you anniversary what are you doing on the site?  :confused5:  I smell TrOuBlE!

~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »

Thanks gang! We had a blast yesterday! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Looking forward to seeing ya'll at Ken's next weekend! :2vrolijk_21:

And Happy Anniversary Brian and Scott! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Yep Brian, that's always fun! Sorry, I left Hogasm out. He did alright too, I guess! But the "A" Group is a very small one indeed! ::) ;D ;)

ADDED: Oops, forgot another. Casey does real well too! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:03:22 AM by Hoist! »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 09:01:17 AM »

Thanks gang! We had a blast yeaterday! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Looking forward to seeing ya'll at Ken's next weekend! :2vrolijk_21:

And Happy Anniversary Brian and Scott! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Yep Brian , that's always fun! Sorry, I left Hogasm out. He did alright too, I guess! But the "A" Group is a very small one indeed! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

<------------- At least a B+...right?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »

<------------- At least a B+...right?

Hehe! Yeah when we score on a curve! ::) :o :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »

Howie God Bless and Buon Anniversario to you and Binx! Coming to PA in June-if I rent a scoot maybe we can get together-evden though I will never be able to keep up with Cybil with a rental!

Ride Safe! :coolblue:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »

Sorry I missed this thread till just now...

Happy belated anniversary Howie & Binx! Congratulations on what sounds like an awesome day! AND you got a five guys now too! Ride on!

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 09:26:26 AM »

Happy belated from Donna and I too! Hope you had a great day! :2vrolijk_21:
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 09:32:16 AM »

Thanks everyone for your very warm wishes!!  :-*
And thanks for kudos for puttin up with the HoistMonster and his daredevil riding. But he's right...I love riding with him and have no fear. But being in the cage is a white-nuckle ride and a whole 'nuther story altogether.   :o

Lookin forward to seeing lot's of you next week!  :orange: can't wait!
wut?

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »

Happy Anniversary to the Hoists!  And many happy returns.

Binx, I give you mad props.  I don't know how you deal with that man of yours...he's nuts.   :zstupid:

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Ride Safe,
Ghost

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:53 AM »

Happy Anniversary to the Hoists!  And many happy returns.

Binx, I give you mad props.  I don't know how you deal with that man of yours...he's nuts.   :zstupid:

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Ride Safe,
Ghost

Thanks 1 more time gang! :2vrolijk_21:

And Travis, I only appear nuts to normal people!!! ::) ??? :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 10:35:27 AM »

And Travis, I only appear nuts to normal people!!! ::) ??? :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Is that like the message on my mirror.  "WARNING:  Howie is saner than he appears."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »

Hoist! 8)

so if we thikn you're normal does that mean we're nuts?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »

so if we thikn you're normal does that mean we're nuts?

Ya never know. Being nuts is a relative thing. But ya might be right. I think ya'll are nuts anyway! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 10:47:24 AM »

Thanks everyone for your very warm wishes!!  :-*
And thanks for kudos for puttin up with the HoistMonster and his daredevil riding. But he's right...I love riding with him and have no fear. But being in the cage is a white-nuckle ride and a whole 'nuther story altogether.   :o

Lookin forward to seeing lot's of you next week!  :orange: can't wait!

And we've saved you your own rack of ribs. I wrote "BINX" on them with a Sharpie!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »

Happy anniversary guys.  Love and congrats.  See ya soon!

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 10:52:58 AM »

And we've saved you your own rack of ribs. I wrote "BINX" on them with a Sharpie!

Awww Keyen, yur da bestest ever!  :kiss2:
wut?

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »

Happy anniversary.I was away ridin so just caught the thread.  live long and happy everafter. :drink:
Ridin Legend

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »

Happy anniversary.I was away ridin so just caught the thread.  live long and happy everafter. :drink:

Thanks a lot al!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 03:34:29 PM »

DAMN!!!! Sorry guys I have been gone all weekend doing the BBQ thing in Danville Va for the state champs.

Congarts you guys. "V" and I just wanted to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! .

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 04:04:01 PM »

DAMN!!!! Sorry guys I have been gone all weekend doing the BBQ thing in Danville Va for the state champs.

Congarts you guys. "V" and I just wanted to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! .

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Thanks a lot Mike! :2vrolijk_21:

How'd the BBQ thing go? Sounds like we gotta get your skills to a CVOHarley run for a Q night with the gang now! ;)

Hoist! 8)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »

Thanks a lot Mike! :2vrolijk_21:

How'd the BBQ thing go? Sounds like we gotta get your skills to a CVOHarley run for a Q night with the gang now! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie I hate to say it but we got our A$$ handed to us. I was surprised some of the food we tasted was heavy in salt. I use no salt. Go figure. It was still fun the local Fire Department showed up to cheer us on. It was the worst placing we have ever had. I thought "V" was going to cry. She actually thought I was pulling her leg. 22 grand in prize money and we didn't see a dime of it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »

Howie I hate to say it but we got our A$$ handed to us. I was surprised some of the food we tasted was heavy in salt. I use no salt. Go figure. It was still fun the local Fire Department showed up to cheer us on. It was the worst placing we have ever had. I thought "V" was going to cry. She actually thought I was pulling her leg. 22 grand in prize money and we didn't see a dime of it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

That sucks Mike! But ya know whatever ya cook will be fully appreciated and enjoyed by all the grateful members of CVOHarley.com! ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »

Belated "Happy Anniversary" to Howie & Binx....Hope you had a great one!
Sorry I'm late, been out on the scooter all weekend :bananarock:

And, Happy Anniversary to all the others celebrating wedding anniversaries this month.  My BSR & I will celebrate #30 on May 27th.  Married 30 years.....I can remember when I didn't even think I would live to see my 30th birthday ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

Thanks for everyone's well wishes here, and for the help and responses about buying Binx's new car! Especially kb! :2vrolijk_21:

Binx got her anniversary present yesterday! A new RAV4 Sport, fully loaded! Nice little SUV. Was the best of the bunch of similar cars we looked at. We test drove a buncha them yesterday, deciced on the Toyota, and with kb's help on negotiating with car dealers, I got what I thought was a very good deal on one. We had it prepped and was home with it by 7PM last night. She loves it too! Perfect Binxie car! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)

harleydiva

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2008, 11:09:10 AM »

Hoist! 8)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Y'ALL, YOU GUYS, WHATEVER!   :)   Have a fun day at the spa!

Hey Howie, give Terry a call ... he sells Toyota's. 

Diva

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2008, 11:35:10 AM »

Howie and Binx...Happy belated Anniversary wishes, my friend.

The Rav 4 is a good choice..the most economical SUV on the market.  Did you get the 2.4 liter or the V6?  Either is a good choice...the 2.4 liter has great power and TQ for a 4 cylinder engine because of the VVT-i.  The V6 is also a great engine.  Both have no timing belts to replace...all Toyota engines with the exception of the 3.3 liter V6 (only used on the Highlander Hybrid-a waste of money...it takes 10 years to pay for itself in gas savings) and the Solara (2 door Camry) still use this engine.  It will soon be phased out, IMO.

The Prius is a great vehicle...we have a 15 person waiting list with deposits down.  Few, if any, dealers have any in stock...Toyota cannot keep up with the demand right now and they are selling for over MSRP.  Look for a redesign on the Prius in 2010.

We cannot keep anything that gets over 30mpg on the lot right now, other than Camry's (which still will get over 30mpg with the 2.4).  Corolla's, Matrix, Prius, and Yaris are selling like hotcakes.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »

Howie and Binx...Happy belated Anniversary wishes, my friend.

The Rav 4 is a good choice..the most economical SUV on the market.  Did you get the 2.4 liter or the V6?  Either is a good choice...the 2.4 liter has great power and TQ for a 4 cylinder engine because of the VVT-i.  The V6 is also a great engine.  Both have no timing belts to replace...all Toyota engines with the exception of the 3.3 liter V6 (only used on the Highlander Hybrid-a waste of money...it takes 10 years to pay for itself in gas savings) and the Solara (2 door Camry) still use this engine.  It will soon be phased out, IMO.

The Prius is a great vehicle...we have a 15 person waiting list with deposits down.  Few, if any, dealers have any in stock...Toyota cannot keep up with the demand right now and they are selling for over MSRP.  Look for a redesign on the Prius in 2010.

We cannot keep anything that gets over 30mpg on the lot right now, other than Camry's (which still will get over 30mpg with the 2.4).  Corolla's, Matrix, Prius, and Yaris are selling like hotcakes.

Thanks Terry and Suzanne! :2vrolijk_21:

We got the 4 cyl Terry. It had the best power of all the comparable cars we looked at. And none rode as well either. The car suits Binx perfectly and we were looking for something with decent mileage this time around. I'm a glutton for punishment anyway. I'll try calling ya and you can let me know how good I did (or not)! ;D ;)

And best of luck with your new position at Toyota! Had I realized it, I mighta bought mine in BHam! Any chance of you and Suzanne getting up to Huntsville on Fri evening or Sat and meeting up? Would be great to see you guys again! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2008, 01:28:47 PM »

Thanks Terry and Suzanne! :2vrolijk_21:

We got the 4 cyl Terry. It had the best power of all the comparable cars we looked at. And none rode as well either. The car suits Binx perfectly and we were looking for something with decent mileage this time around. I'm a glutton for punishment anyway. I'll try calling ya and you can let me know how good I did (or not)! ;D ;)

And best of luck with your new position at Toyota! Had I realized it, I mighta bought mine in BHam! Any chance of you and Suzanne getting up to Huntsville on Fri evening or Sat and meeting up? Would be great to see you guys again! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Excellent choice, Howie!  The 2.4 Liter is the same motor as the stock Camry, XRS Corolla, and XRS Matrix...a proven engine design that will last you guys many, many miles, and is capable of 30mpg, even in the Rav, if you keep your foot out of it and run 70 on the interstate.  158HP/162TQ, if my memory serves me.  Even around town, it will still get 22 or better, depending on traffic conditions.  With the Variable Valve Timing, the intake cam timing is changing to give you the TQ/HP when it's needed, and still delivers good fuel economy.  The electronic transmission also "learns" how you drive, has automatic downshifting when you brake going down a hill.  It is an excellent vehicle, as are all Toyotas.  The braking system and safety features are unsurpassed.  The Sport edition has a few extras as well...did you guys get the JBL Audio system with Bluetooth?  It's an awesome system.  Even if not, it still has a good stereo in it.  It's also a nice ride since they updated it.  I sold a Sport to a nice lady the other day and she is very happy with the vehicle.  Binx will be very happy with the comfort and easy driving.

At this point in time, the only time off I get is on Sunday and one day during the week, so weekends are pretty much shot for us until I start making a decent living again, which takes some time in the car business.  Would love to see you guys too, but it'll have to wait, I guess.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »

Excellent choice, Howie!  The 2.4 Liter is the same motor as the stock Camry, XRS Corolla, and XRS Matrix...a proven engine design that will last you guys many, many miles, and is capable of 30mpg, even in the Rav, if you keep your foot out of it and run 70 on the interstate.  158HP/162TQ, if my memory serves me.  Even around town, it will still get 22 or better, depending on traffic conditions.  With the Variable Valve Timing, the intake cam timing is changing to give you the TQ/HP when it's needed, and still delivers good fuel economy.  The electronic transmission also "learns" how you drive, has automatic downshifting when you brake going down a hill.  It is an excellent vehicle, as are all Toyotas.  The braking system and safety features are unsurpassed.  The Sport edition has a few extras as well...did you guys get the JBL Audio system with Bluetooth?  It's an awesome system.  Even if not, it still has a good stereo in it.  It's also a nice ride since they updated it.  I sold a Sport to a nice lady the other day and she is very happy with the vehicle.  Binx will be very happy with the comfort and easy driving.

At this point in time, the only time off I get is on Sunday and one day during the week, so weekends are pretty much shot for us until I start making a decent living again, which takes some time in the car business.  Would love to see you guys too, but it'll have to wait, I guess.

Looks like someone has done his homework and understands what he sells quite well...! :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2008, 01:49:26 PM »

ice hearing from you mi amigo Terry....and hppy knowing that you are doing ok with the new job......hope to se you soon. Say hi to your lovely Suzanne.....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:18 PM »

Well, I'll have to get down to see you guys another time then!

The car they had in stock had every option except the JBL. We got it with the 6 CD changer. Like you said, they can't get enough of these type cars these days. So our choice was between a Silver Sport and a Slate Sport. She liked the Slate w/Black interior, so that's what we got! He's adding the XM radio, wheel locks and matched color body side moldings in their Service Dept as they are dealer installed accessories. Binx will bring it back in for those next week! She loves the car though. Thanks for the vote of confidence in it! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »

Thanks for everyone's well wishes here, and for the help and responses about buying Binx's new car! Especially kb! :2vrolijk_21:

Binx got her anniversary present yesterday! A new RAV4 Sport, fully loaded! Nice little SUV. Was the best of the bunch of similar cars we looked at. We test drove a buncha them yesterday, deciced on the Toyota, and with kb's help on negotiating with car dealers, I got what I thought was a very good deal on one. We had it prepped and was home with it by 7PM last night. She loves it too! Perfect Binxie car! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)

Happy anniversary (late but I am here....) mi amigo Howie & Binx.....she is a saint to have been with you all these years........I admire her!!! ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 01:52:12 PM »

Happy anniversary (late but I am here....) mi amigo Howie & Binx.....she is a saint to have been with you all these years........I admire her!!! ;D

That she is! thanks Jorge! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2008, 03:15:03 AM »

This is late; sorry guys.  But happy anniversary.  Hope y'all had a great time celebrating and, by the way, where's the pics of Binxie and the new wheels :nixweiss: ?

:worthless: :worthless:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2008, 09:54:01 AM »

I was going to post a "Happy Anniversary" but noticed how old this thread is, so I'll let Fred and Barney do the talking....

Congrats on the car!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 21 queries.