Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: How Much More Scamming Will We Take?  (Read 4712 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
How Much More Scamming Will We Take?
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »

Looking for a car for Binx, I thought I'd look at some Hybrids. These damn car companies have to be in cahoots with the Oil Cos.! They make it impossible to get a Hybrid! Either it's in limited supply, or costs way more than a regular model. And with all the BS going on now with oil prices...WTF??!!! They give you a rebate for high efficiency light bulbs! Where's the damn discounts or rebates for fuel efficient vehicles. The whole damn system's a scam and being controlled by the oil companies all the way to the top. And ya'll think these politicians are running for change! What a buncha crap! Nuthin ain't changing til the oil companies suck the life out of us first!

And while I'm at it, WTF are our electric and gas supplies obtained from "Utilities?" Government controlled monopolies where every increase gets approved and profit is predetermined. Deregulation kinda made a mess of that too. We're going freakin backwards here. Why are we letting the oil companies control the world. Throw them out. There should be NO profit made on energy. It should all be a Utility. And when the Feds control it, maybe then we can start getting tough again with the damn Middle East, and take the chit if it can't be worked out reasonably!!! WTF happened to good ole Manifest Destiny? >:( >:( >:(

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: How Much More Scamming Will We Take?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »

Looking for a car for Binx, I thought I'd look at some Hybrids. These damn car companies have to be in cahoots with the Oil Cos.! They make it impossible to get a Hybrid! Either it's in limited supply, or costs way more than a regular model. And with all the BS going on now with oil prices...WTF??!!! They give you a rebate for high efficiency light bulbs! Where's the damn discounts or rebates for fuel efficient vehicles. The whole damn system's a scam and being controlled by the oil companies all the way to the top. And ya'll think these politicians are running for change! What a buncha crap! Nuthin ain't changing til the oil companies suck the life out of us first!

And while I'm at it, WTF are our electric and gas supplies obtained from "Utilities?" Government controlled monopolies where every increase gets approved and profit is predetermined. Deregulation kinda made a mess of that too. We're going freakin backwards here. Why are we letting the oil companies control the world. Throw them out. There should be NO profit made on energy. It should all be a Utility. And when the Feds control it, maybe then we can start getting tough again with the damn Middle East, and take the chit if it can't be worked out reasonably!!! WTF happened to good ole Manifest Destiny? >:( >:( >:(

Hoist! 8)
I take it ya had a hard time finding Binx a car?  :nixweiss:   :drink:   :huepfenjump3:

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »

I take it ya had a hard time finding Binx a car?  :nixweiss:   :drink:   :huepfenjump3:

It sorta sounds like maybe she didn't like the color or somethin'?  :P

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:39:06 PM »

Nah, still looking and haven't made any deciscions on what yet. That's not why I'm mad. This Hybrid thing got my goat! As we were researching these Hybrid thingies, we realized that whole Hybrid thing is a SCAM!!! >:(

If they really wanna save oil, they'll get em in our hands as fast and as cheap as possible! They don't wanna save it, they want to suck us dry!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »

Nah, still looking and haven't made any deciscions on what yet. That's not why I'm mad. This Hybrid thing got my goat! As we were researching these Hybrid thingies, we realized that whole Hybrid thing is a SCAM!!! >:(

If they really wanna save oil, they'll get em in our hands as fast and as cheap as possible! They don't wanna save it, they want to suck us dry!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
It's all a scam labeled under the guise of capitalism I guess. There's no f'n oil shortage either but we're paying as if!! ok I'll stop.   :P

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 08:02:15 PM »

It's all a scam labeled under the guise of capitalism I guess. There's no f'n oil shortage either but we're paying as if!! ok I'll stop.   :P

Zactly! And don't stop! How about, "We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore!!!" ;D

Hoist! 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »

Howie
       But the lovely Mrs a Honda Pacifica. Kinda like a scooter only much more refined and complete. Obviously it's a hybrid since it's missing a couple of wheels and a few other parts a more coventional Honda would have. Who knows, maybe she'll want her own H-D CVO model after a year or so of riding the Pacifica.

B B

All that being said, a 63 Falcon 2 door hardtop with a whoppin 160 CID 4 banger gets some serious gas mileage.

NukeIT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 05:52:40 AM »

It should all be a Utility. And when the Feds control it

Feds in control??? then the prices would go through the roof. Have you ever seen the requisition forms when those guys order a $500 hammer, or the $1000 toilet seat?

If you haven't bought anything yet for her, you might want to look into the Honda accord GX. It runs on CNG, which is cheaper than gasoline and produces better MPG...  You also get a $4000 rebate on your federal income taxes for the year.
"It's not a bike, It's a lifestyle!"

Sean M Cary

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 07:13:52 AM »

Zactly! And don't stop! How about, "We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore!!!" ;D

Hoist! 8)

Can't you call Al Gore and see if he will help you - or maybe you can cash in some of your "Carbon Credits"...

It's all a bunch of BS.  :soapbox:

I get 54mpg on my KLR - have not been able to figure the CVO yet.  Not too many cars can touch that, and I hate driving anyway.  So my MC's are my hybrids.

Sean

NukeIT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 07:18:47 AM »

Can't you call Al Gore and see if he will help you - or maybe you can cash in some of your "Carbon Credits"...

It's all a bunch of BS.  :soapbox:

I get 54mpg on my KLR - have not been able to figure the CVO yet.  Not too many cars can touch that, and I hate driving anyway.  So my MC's are my hybrids.

Sean

I am waiting to see what the new VW diesels look like.... production was suppose to start earlier this year but was pushed back due to epa bull, supposely they will get in the 50's for mpg range.....
"It's not a bike, It's a lifestyle!"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 08:41:15 AM »

I am waiting to see what the new VW diesels look like.... production was suppose to start earlier this year but was pushed back due to epa bull, supposely they will get in the 50's for mpg range.....

With the rapid inflation of diesel fuel prices, what do the calculations show for cost per mile versus the gasoline versions?  Even after factoring the higher initial cost for a diesel, there used to be a clearcut cost per mile advantage for diesels due to higher mpg and lower cost per gallon.  I haven't had cause to look at it recently, but your post got me thinking about it.  If the price gap of diesel to gasoline continues to widen, I've got a feeling that any advantage diesels had is going to evaporate, if it hasn't already.  :confused5:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »

With the rapid inflation of diesel fuel prices, what do the calculations show for cost per mile versus the gasoline versions?  Even after factoring the higher initial cost for a diesel, there used to be a clearcut cost per mile advantage for diesels due to higher mpg and lower cost per gallon.  I haven't had cause to look at it recently, but your post got me thinking about it.  If the price gap of diesel to gasoline continues to widen, I've got a feeling that any advantage diesels had is going to evaporate, if it hasn't already.  :confused5:

Jerry
I did the math on mine yesterday and the way I drive I get about 18 mpg with my GMC diesel, and the best the other guys get with their gassers is around 14.5.  It works out that the gas/diesel spread needs to be about an even $1.00 to be a wash when you only account for mileage.  Then there's the $6,500 engine upgrade price on the negative side and 10k between oil changes, 2 1/2 times the engine life, torque, etc. on the plus side. 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 08:52:30 AM »

I believe the diesel advantage has dissapeared about a year ago...My diesel has an average cost a .09 a mile in maintenance alone, nevermind the .90 difference in cost per gallon...

My wifes jeep diesel at least gets 20 around town and 30 highway, nort bad for 4 wheel drive..

I will be be trading down as soon as I sell my trailer.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 08:57:16 AM »

Jerry

We have an '06 F350 8' bed 4 door and a '97 E350 extended, both diesel. Used to be, not so long ago, that it was better to have a diesel, especially for towing, because of the better mpg than a regular engine. Not now. He's pretty much had to park the F350 and now drives the E350, with 500k miles on it, for work as it gets better mpg. I guess the gas companies don't have enough storage for diesel and that's why it is so high.

Kathy

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »

i love my F350...  i HATE paying to fill it up.

i looked at Hybrids not long ago for a commuter car....  by the time you factor in the higher cost... the replacement of the battery packs ( couple years at like 4 k) the break even point between the hybrid and normal gas model is somewhere at like 8-10 years.

i also convince myself that the cost of a new car....  ( say about 20 grand)  will buy a hell of a lotof diesel, even at these prices  :nixweiss:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.