Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: For what it's worth  (Read 3631 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: For what it's worth
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »

No I don't have one. I was one of the smart ones that knew of the problem. I have an 08 Dyna sitting at the dealer right now. I will not touch it till the fix comes along.

What gets me is some people knew of the problem brought the bike anyway and keep crying about it. There are a few on this board that have been it constant communcation with the MOCO about this problem. They bypassed the dealer who won't tell you anything and they won't do anything about it. They went straight to the top. So tell me. How many times have you called Milwaukee?????

IF THEY SENT YOU THE LETTER A YEAR AGO what did you want them to say? We have a problem and don't know how to fix it!

No matter what gets done or how it gets done. Some people just don't get it!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
After meeting the Dawg in York I'd like to believe it'd be wrong to take the above statement so literal.  :nixweiss: I for one picked up my 08 SERK in Aug. of 07 long before I found the cvoharley.com family and learned of this engine snafu. There is a measure of dissapointment that coincides with dealing, as an owner, with this long standing MOCO problem. I guess unless you walk in our shoes it's tuff to "get it". In many cases the dealers have been down right disrespectful to a customer base that is very loyal and there have been cases where MOCO customer service has been slow to respond up to and including "forgetting" to return calls.  :soapbox:

Howie

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »

And what does that mean?  When did you learn of the problem?  And if it's not a big deal to cry about,  you should have just sucked it up and bought one, right?

IF I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE, it would not be stock!!!!!!!

Problems or not I would have been into the motor after the 1k service!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 10:50:51 AM »

Wow... it going to get ugly in here!

No not ugly just informative!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »

No I don't have one. I was one of the smart ones that knew of the problem. I have an 08 Dyna sitting at the dealer right now. I will not touch it till the fix comes along.

What gets me is some people knew of the problem brought the bike anyway and keep crying about it. There are a few on this board that have been it constant communcation with the MOCO about this problem. They bypassed the dealer who won't tell you anything and they won't do anything about it. They went straight to the top. So tell me. How many times have you called Milwaukee?????

IF THEY SENT YOU THE LETTER A YEAR AGO what did you want them to say? We have a problem and don't know how to fix it!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Why don't you give them the contact info for Milwaukee??  That way everyone on here can contact them directly and You can save them the frustration of dealing with a dealership that won't do anything about it!!!   :2vrolijk_21:  Just a thought....

:)
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 10:52:35 AM »

Dawg

I'm not pissed. It was my responsibility to look into the 110's before I bought one. I simply trusted Harley to put out a motor they knew would be reliable. Like all my other Harleys. My bad for trusting them. However, a company should always deliver good customer service. They needed to step up, say they are experiencing a problem but it will be resolved. I'm not looking for perfection from them, just honesty.Again, I hope the "fix" is genuine. It is in all of our best interest. I don't want to own a Harley that everyone thinks is junk.

JW

JW through all of the problems people have had with the 110 motors. You just said it better than anyone!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »

YES it is. There is a REAL FIX coming from the MOCO real soon. I mean real soon. I can't really discuss it on here as of yet. BUT IT IS ON THE WAY. I would think they will have the parts for the repairs in about 3 weeks.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Well you are discussing it here and since you already went into it, maybe you should tell what you know.  Otherwise, you're just going to do as Chip said and piss people off. 

No not ugly just informative!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

It's not informative at all.  You're just playing games.  "A real fix is coming...and I mean real soon...but I can't really tell you what it is!"  This isn't high school, Dawg!  These people spent more than some people make in a year on their rides.  Just spill it.  You're ruining your credibility! 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:02:28 AM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 11:03:52 AM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Once again I am asking when did you "know" about the problem?  Before July 06, September 06, or was it 2007? 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »

Well you are discussing it here and since you already went into it, maybe you should tell what you know.  Otherwise, you're just going to do as Chip said and piss people off. 

It's not informative at all.  You're just playing games.  "A real fix is coming...and I mean real soon...but I can't really tell you what it is!"  This isn't high school, Dawg!  These people spent more than some people make in a year on their rides.  Just spill it.  You're ruining your credibility!  
That went faster than my first set of Head Gaskets.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 11:06:17 AM »

After meeting the Dawg in York I'd like to believe it'd be wrong to take the above statement so literal.  :nixweiss: I for one picked up my 08 SERK in Aug. of 07 long before I found the cvoharley.com family and learned of this engine snafu. There is a measure of dissapointment that coincides with dealing, as an owner, with this long standing MOCO problem. I guess unless you walk in our shoes it's tuff to "get it". In many cases the dealers have been down right disrespectful to a customer base that is very loyal and there have been cases where MOCO customer service has been slow to respond up to and including "forgetting" to return calls.  :soapbox:

Howie

HOWIE a lot of people that bought the 110's had no idea till about 2 months into the delivery. The fix as I understand has been difficult. I am not sure but it may have been a problem with an outside vendor. When they release it I think everyone will understand more.

Not trying to stir up too much CHIT here (looks like I have not done a good job). I had a little info and a few want to climb on my back. All I was doing was letting them have some info that is not public knowledge as of yet. If they don't want it fine I won't pass any more. Then they need to call the MOCO to get any info. I know a few on here have done just that. We had a little chat about the problem and the fix last week.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »

OK Mrs Perfect. You sit in front of a computer all day. Goggle the number and you start making calls and help all of your friends out.

I have INSIDE INFO that is not or intended to be PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE at this time. Someone could lose their job over this!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »

Wow Peeps. Why are we attacking each other?? :confused5: We have some member(s) sharing what little they know and getting there heads chopped off for it. It appears to me (and no I don't have a 110 and it doesn't personally affect me) that some members are trying to let others know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Do they know what all the light is probably not (MoCo has been known for being good with holding information). :nixweiss: Thing about it is if they didn't say anything and then said after the fact they knew something was coming then there would be some that would be pissed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »

That went faster than my first set of Head Gaskets.
[/color]

Well I don;t own one of those POS so I really don't have to worry about it anymore. I guess you can sit on here and CRY ME A RIVER!!!! Maybe I am wrong maybe there is no letter coming! I guess time will tell!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »

HOWIE a lot of people that bought the 110's had no idea till about 2 months into the delivery. The fix as I understand has been difficult. I am not sure but it may have been a problem with an outside vendor. When they release it I think everyone will understand more.

Not trying to stir up too much CHIT here (looks like I have not done a good job). I had a little info and a few want to climb on my back. All I was doing was letting them have some info that is not public knowledge as of yet. If they don't want it fine I won't pass any more. Then they need to call the MOCO to get any info. I know a few on here have done just that. We had a little chat about the problem and the fix last week.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

While we appreciate the knowledge and comraderie of this site and its members, don't hide behingd the messenger BS.  You made the statement about the members crying about the problem and not doing anything to fix it.  I doubt that was necessary and I know it wasn't welcome.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »

Wow Peeps. Why are we attacking each other?? :confused5: We have some member(s) sharing what little they know and getting there heads chopped off for it. It appears to me (and no I don't have a 110 and it doesn't personally affect me) that some members are trying to let others know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Do they know what all the light is probably not (MoCo has been known for being good with holding information). :nixweiss: Thing about it is if they didn't say anything and then said after the fact they knew something was coming then there would be some that would be pissed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :( :pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

DOOD I agree. I know a few others on this board that know of the same info I got. It is being kept tight lipped in Milwaukee at this time. I do know the fix has been in testing for some time.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

While we appreciate the knowledge and comraderie of this site and its members, don't hide behingd the messenger BS.  You made the statement about the members crying about the problem and not doing anything to fix it.  I doubt that was necessary and I know it wasn't welcome.

WELL QUIT CRYING!!!!!!! The fix is on the way. If it is that bad I have a very good running and very stock 103 you can borrow till the fix arrives!!!! FOR A FEE!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 22 queries.