Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: I gota leak  (Read 9975 times)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
I gota leak
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »

Just found oil fogging around the base of rear cylinder, goes in Friday for new base gasket . :(
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
Re: I gota leak
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »

Just found oil fogging around the base of rear cylinder, goes in Friday for new base gasket . :(

ugugguguhhh. Send a photo will you? How many miles?

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 02:35:19 PM »

Leak appeared at 1600 miles

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »

damm o.ring

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:17:47 PM »

It may well be the head gasket as they tend to leak oil into the bolt holes and run down.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 09:32:10 PM »

Leak appeared at 1600 miles

I wouldn't do anything about it just yet. Your dealer won't tell you anything, because he probably doesn't know anything, but help is coming. Mine's been leaking since last summer and I just did 2,100 miles this weekend and it just keeps leaking. It won't hurt anything to leave it alone until the REAL fix is here.

Sit tight and everything will beOK soon.

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »

I wouldn't do anything about it just yet. Your dealer won't tell you anything, because he probably doesn't know anything, but help is coming. Mine's been leaking since last summer and I just did 2,100 miles this weekend and it just keeps leaking. It won't hurt anything to leave it alone until the REAL fix is here.

Sit tight and everything will beOK soon.

Man, your saying that an awful lot. I hope you aren't too disappointed if it don't happen like you expect. Always have a plan B, as I don't hold my breath waiting foe HD. I don't like turning blue! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:11:47 AM »

Man, your saying that an awful lot. I hope you aren't too disappointed if it don't happen like you expect. Always have a plan B, as I don't hold my breath waiting foe HD. I don't like turning blue! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie I think it is time you sit back and watch. It is done and on the way. Parts need to be manufactured and sent to the dealers before they are release it to the public. Once that is done all 110 owners will get a letter. Yep including you. But you can then do what you do best, CALL THEM AND GO OFF ON THEM!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Really the fix will be here very soon!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:11:44 AM »

Howie I think it is time you sit back and watch. It is done and on the way. Parts need to be manufactured and sent to the dealers before they are release it to the public. Once that is done all 110 owners will get a letter. Yep including you. But you can then do what you do best, CALL THEM AND GO OFF ON THEM!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

How long does it take to manufacture a bunch of set screws?  I'm bettin' they stole my idea for 3 set screws per barrel to lock the liner in place.   ;D

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 08:33:46 AM »

How long does it take to manufacture a bunch of set screws?  I'm bettin' they stole my idea for 3 set screws per barrel to lock the liner in place.   ;D

Jerry

Jerry I am not sure what the fix is. I think newly engineered cylinders. We will know in about 3 weeks though. At least they are doing something. I just hope it works as I have an 08 Dyna waiting at the dealer. Till a fix comes along I am not buying anything.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:37:30 AM »

Hoist! 8)

Time will tell if my patience pays off. :nixweiss: At least your end result has been realized.

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 09:58:47 AM »

Chief,
 Do you think I will get a letter? My 110 is a dealer installed engine kit. If not should I just wait till someone posts the letter and show it to the SM at my dealer ship?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »

Chief,
 Do you think I will get a letter? My 110 is a dealer installed engine kit. If not should I just wait till someone posts the letter and show it to the SM at my dealer ship?

That is a very good question. I would think you are not getting a letter since this only pertains to the CVO 110 motor!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »

Dawg,
For what it's worth.  I appreciate the info that you put out, and axiously await the arrival of "the fix".  Unfortunately, the other thread got locked, so I couldn't post there.  But I do appreciate the info, and definitely appreciate not wanting to "sell the farm" on the whole deal, so as 1) not to cause that individual(s) their job, and 2) losing a good inside source of information to pass on what you can to us.  I've only had one, which in my opinion was one too many, head gasket leak so far, but I will be happy if the new fix is in fact the new permanent fix.   thanks again,

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 01:26:41 PM »

Chief,

That is a very good question. I would think you are not getting a letter since this only pertains to the CVO 110 motor!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I won't get a letter then but since my leaky cylinders are the same PN# as the CVO leaky cylinders they still have to replace them with the new fix. 

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »

Didn't think the locked thread I statred could turn into such a battle..  :jack:
Just thought it was odd that the Midwestern Service Manager needed to test ride my scoot for the "clacking noise" that's been intermitent since my fix in late Nov 07.
Any how, I am anxious about this new fix,  I kind of thought when my scoot started to leak and the fix that was perposed from MOCO seemed to be more extensive than some of the other bandade fixes on here.  It alomost seemed my scoot was some kind of guenia pig, and now I'm having a Big wig from Milwaukee come down and take it for a spin after putting on 4800+ miles on this fix and over 10k since I purchased it Aug 24th 2008 for "what it's worth"??????
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

HeHe! I ain't getting no letter. They read about me here too often! No surveys, no emails, no nuthin! You don't think I'm on their blacklist already? :o ::) ???

I also have said from the beginning that HD will eventually make them right and make good on the earlier ones. They traditionally always have. But I wasn't waiting for that to happen. And like you Mike, I wouldn't have left it alone no matter how much I convinced myself to do just that before I bought the bike. I needed a motor like I have now, and a fixed 110 wouldn't give me that anyway. ;)

So for all you guys that just wanted a good running stock motor, I hope your day has finally come. We've put up with too much BS, lies, ignorance and stupidity. We've been insulted by them treating us like idiots. Now maybe they'll finally get it right, admit it, call em all back and fix em right. You guys all deserve that after all this torture. I wish ya'll the best of luck and hope it's the list time. And that's from the bottom of my  heart! :2vrolijk_21:

But I really don't GAS what they do for me personnally, since most of their stuff is subpar for my performance needs, and I've replaced every major HD component (tranny this winter-already staring to F up) on the bike, I still proudly maintain...................................

FTF & FTW!!!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »

First off I really didn't mean to stir up all of the CHIT this morning. Kinda funny though. I think that might be the first thread I was involved in that get locked down. Does this mean I am now notorious????

Howie if I had one (a 110) it would already be a 117. I would of built a bullet proof motor, not the fastest just very reliable. I have a few ideas of what the fix will be and the reasons behind it. But again it is only speculation. I do know something is in the works, just not all of the details. I like some others around here don't know what the fix is except parts.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »

right now my flhrse3 is my bar-hopper... :coolblue:
and again, chrome won't get ya home, but it will get ya layed.,,,,, :bananarock:

there is a program for us stock 110 owners....so i've heard.

be safe

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »

Didn't think the locked thread I statred could turn into such a battle..  :jack:

I missed all the fun!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 06:39:38 AM »

I missed all the fun!

I didn't.!!!! Man was it fun though!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 06:40:22 AM »

HeHe! I ain't getting no letter. They read about me here too often! No surveys, no emails, no nuthin! You don't think I'm on their blacklist already? :o ::) ???
I also have said from the beginning that HD will eventually make them right and make good on the earlier ones. They traditionally always have. But I wasn't waiting for that to happen. And like you Mike, I wouldn't have left it alone no matter how much I convinced myself to do just that before I bought the bike. I needed a motor like I have now, and a fixed 110 wouldn't give me that anyway. ;)

So for all you guys that just wanted a good running stock motor, I hope your day has finally come. We've put up with too much BS, lies, ignorance and stupidity. We've been insulted by them treating us like idiots. Now maybe they'll finally get it right, admit it, call em all back and fix em right. You guys all deserve that after all this torture. I wish ya'll the best of luck and hope it's the list time. And that's from the bottom of my  heart! :2vrolijk_21:

But I really don't GAS what they do for me personnally, since most of their stuff is subpar for my performance needs, and I've replaced every major HD component (tranny this winter-already staring to F up) on the bike, I still proudly maintain...................................

FTF & FTW!!!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Howie I will see what I can do about that!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 07:39:06 AM »

I didn't.!!!! Man was it fun though!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Strange sense of humor.  Insulting people, hilarious.   You say a lot but actually nothing.  Very observant of you to think that the fix involves parts, the rest of us uninformed thought the fix might include chickens!
Any day on the bike is a good day.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »

Strange sense of humor.  Insulting people, hilarious.   You say a lot but actually nothing.  Very observant of you to think that the fix involves parts, the rest of us uninformed thought the fix might include chickens!

Skreminegul

Dawg has a rather interesting sense of humor. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, especially yours!
I can vouch for him as a good guy. (but then again I was voted the biggest chithead on the site so what does that say?) You will meet him in Maggie Valley. He's like fungus, he grows on you after a while! As far as the chickens that's OK also just don't start including sheep!

:o

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »

Skreminegul

Dawg has a rather interesting sense of humor. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, especially yours!
I can vouch for him as a good guy. (but then again I was voted the biggest chithead on the site so what does that say?) You will meet him in Maggie Valley. He's like fungus, he grows on you after a while! As far as the chickens that's OK also just don't start including sheep!

:o

I'm looking forward to that trip.  Thanks
Any day on the bike is a good day.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 08:24:39 AM »

I'm looking forward to that trip.  Thanks

It will be a fun time in the Valley!
See you there!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 08:56:46 AM »

Skreminegul07, I explained it the best I could. I told you a fix was coming. Apparently that was not good enough for you. I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT THE FIX IS, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE FIX!!!! I was told about the parts being manufactured,sent to the dealers and a letter going out to the owners. That is all I know. That is what I have said for the last four weeks. Now if that is not good enough for you, pick up the phone and make some calls. Or better yet wait till you get the letter. Some one on here said yesterday his dealer got a memo on the fix. Do a search and ask him for more info if you like!

So if you look back I did say a lot. I TOLD YOU WHAT I KNOW! I told you what is coming out of Milwaukee. As far as insulting you I don't think I did. If you think I did I apologize to you for that.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 09:01:18 AM »

BTW if you we are going to talk about insulting people, go back and look at some of your past posts! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! I work in a firehouse for a living, I can pitch and I can certainly catch.

But to me it's all good. I promise!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 07:21:32 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Don't say FTW just yet..You'll need to wait till they come up with a permanent fix on the thumbscrew issues. Dugh Huh
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 07:33:01 PM »

Don't say FTW just yet..You'll need to wait till they come up with a permanent fix on the thumbscrew issues. Dugh Huh

Thumbscrew?
 :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 07:20:56 AM »

Thumbscrew?
 :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Howie bought a thumbscrew for the seat at our local dealer. We get home and the threads are messed up. It should be covered under warranty?  ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 07:30:33 AM »

Howie bought a thumbscrew for the seat at our local dealer. We get home and the threads are messed up. It should be covered under warranty?  ;D

Just too many places to go with this post.....

W.....ty, Howie, screwed, dealer.  Have not had enough coffee yet to process this overload.

;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »

I cross threaded the receiving end in the fender - turned out it wasn't the thumb screw-you might check they are like $2 and if you need one let me know I learned a trick for replacing it quick, easy and without the H-D 1+hour flat rate due to rear tire removal.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 07:51:13 AM »

I cross threaded the receiving end in the fender - turned out it wasn't the thumb screw-you might check they are like $2 and if you need one let me know I learned a trick for replacing it quick, easy and without the H-D 1+hour flat rate due to rear tire removal.

The screw was definately bad. It was oversized. It's a 1/4-20 thread. A nut wouldn't start on it, a die wouldn't straighten it out, and a 1/4-20 bolt screwed right into the fender.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:07 AM »

BTW if you we are going to talk about insulting people, go back and look at some of your past posts! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! I work in a firehouse for a living, I can pitch and I can certainly catch.

But to me it's all good. I promise!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Not that there's anything wrong with that........
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 09:14:49 AM »

Not that there's anything wrong with that........

That made me laugh out loud at the office...... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 10:33:54 AM »

Update- It was a base gasket [o-ring] and they are on back order with H-D. I thought they had the base gasket issue resolved , guess not. On the positive side it wasn't a head gasket.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »

Heads or tails...call it in the air!

pokerpig

• CVO1: 2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »

FWIW, When i picked up my bike yesterday from having its 5K service at the dealer, I ran into the GM and asked him about how many 110s they had that were leakers. He replied, some do but most dont. BUT- he also confirmed that there will be a new fix out "before the dealers convention", and he was advising his customers with leaks to wait.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »

Jerry I am not sure what the fix is. I think newly engineered cylinders. We will know in about 3 weeks though. At least they are doing something. I just hope it works as I have an 08 Dyna waiting at the dealer. Till a fix comes along I am not buying anything.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Well Dawg!

The three weeks is about up!
Per your post of waiting three weeks we should know on June 17th what the fix is.
6 days and counting!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »

Well Dawg!

Per your post of waiting three weeks we should know on June 17th what the fix is.
6 days and counting!

If I were a betting man ( ::), I bet craps ie hard 10) I would place the action on a date that coincides with the dealer meeting and the unveiling of the new bikes. That would still leave everyone (except Howie & HogBreath) with enough time on their warranty.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »

If I were a betting man ( ::), I bet craps ie hard 10) I would place the action on a date that coincides with the dealer meeting and the unveiling of the new bikes. That would still leave everyone (except Howie & HogBreath) with enough time on their warranty.

FTW!!! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »

Betting with AJ on this one.  Dealer meeting (July 9 or so) & HD will announce what they are gonna announce. 

Not related to this thread, but I had the "fast idle" problem this weekend.  Idled at 3k when you would least expect it.  Whatta thrill (not).

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »

I'll see your bet, and raise you $100.  ;D

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »

Pass line on the dealer meeting.... :coolblue:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »

What's the point?

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »

What are they supposed to announce. Isn't the issue the lack of a compression ring on the head gasket so it fails after being blown appart.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 08:15:36 AM »

Well Dawg!

6 days and counting!

Well today is the day!
Per our "Dawg" today is the day we are suppose to get the news on the fix for the 110's.
How is the news coming?
Email,
Harley website?
Public announcement?

I don't even own a 110 and I'm anxious!
Not rushing you Dawg but times up!

Anybody heard anything?

Do I want to buy a 09?

Not with a 110 if there's no fix?

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Chief, you heard any news?
Anyone?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008, 08:18:55 AM »

There is a rumor that Willie G. is sending a team of crack HD mechanics to the home of every 110 owner to install a brand new 110 motor, with a coupon for a year's supply of gas, and a box of Slim Jims.

The Slim Jims were not shipped in time, so that might explain the delay?   :nixweiss:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2008, 08:23:17 AM »

I like slim jims, yummy...Can I get some, my 110 ain't leaking (yet)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2008, 08:23:37 AM »

There is a rumor that Willie G. is sending a team of crack HD mechanics to the home of every 110 owner to install a brand new 110 motor, with a coupon for a year's supply of gas, and a box of Slim Jims.

The Slim Jims were not shipped in time, so that might explain the delay?   :nixweiss:

Skip the motor, I'll take the gas and Slim Jims!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:39 AM »

Skip the motor, I'll take the gas and Slim Jims!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

If the MoCo sold HD brand gas, it would be $10 a gallon and HD Slim Jims would be $10 a package.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Seriously (well as seriously as I'm willing to get today on this), I figure the "fix" will be some "new improved" head gaskets (current version??) and a better fitted cylinder (bonding agent/liner too?) than the first ones that failed.  Maybe an extended warranty?  And a free bag of oil sorb just in case??   :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2008, 08:37:33 AM »

If the MoCo sold HD brand gas, it would be $10 a gallon and HD Slim Jims would be $10 a package.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Seriously (well as seriously as I'm willing to get today on this), I figure the "fix" will be some "new improved" head gaskets (current version??) and a better fitted cylinder (bonding agent/liner too?) than the first ones that failed.  Maybe an extended warranty?  And a free bag of oil sorb just in case??   :nixweiss:

You just had to throw that oil sorb in didn't you!
My money's on Dawg.
He has the answer.
Dawg, , , , O Dawg, , where are thou?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2008, 08:45:02 AM »

You just had to throw that oil sorb in didn't you!

I got plenty of practice when my 110 was leaking, throwing oil sorb......   :o :'( ::) >:(

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »

I really use these... ::)
You guys will to once you buy a HD built the year you were born, as you should, if you can...   ;)
I'm just saying.... ::)

http://www.absorbentsonline.com/oilonlypadsrolls.htm

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2008, 08:55:18 AM »

I really use these... ::)
You guys will to once you buy a HD built the year you were born, as you should, if you can...   ;)
I'm just saying.... ::)

http://www.absorbentsonline.com/oilonlypadsrolls.htm

Pretty sure I saw some of those at Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley last Saturday.  Looked like they worked well.

1955 Harley FL...... hmmmmmm?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008, 09:11:08 AM »

Chief, you heard any news?
Anyone?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Nope. Nothing. Waiting just like the rest.

I guarantee you that we'll know all the details by Christmas, so why don't you check back with me then? ;)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »

Nope. Nothing. Waiting just like the rest.

I guarantee you that we'll know all the details by Christmas, so why don't you check back with me then? ;)

Is Santa bringing me a new engine?   :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »

Pass line on the dealer meeting.... :coolblue:

I'm backing that up with some odds.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2008, 09:48:46 AM »

Is this why Howie & GH are coming to town? Are they the MoCo's secret installation team?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »

Is this why Howie & GH are coming to town? Are they the MoCo's secret installation team?

More important there "YODA MASTER of SARCASM"
Are they bringing the "Slim Jims?"

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »

The latest rumor is they are doing MoCo w......y troubleshooting work now, with an unlimited budget.....   for Slim Jims

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »

I got the bike back on Friday and put a few hard miles on it . I'll keep track of milage to see if leak appears and report back. :2vrolijk_21:

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »

For what it's worth,  Just hit 7k on my fix no drips no runs no errors :2vrolijk_21:
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2008, 11:48:58 AM »

For what it's worth,  Just hit 7k on my fix no drips no runs no errors :2vrolijk_21:

ditto with 8,600.   :nervous:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »

ditto with 8,600.   

Give it time, my did'nt start till about 13K, Has 19K now and still weeping. Just waiting for her to blow........

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 09:33:49 PM »

ditto with 8,600.   

Give it time, my did'nt start till about 13K, Has 19K now and still weeping. Just waiting for her to blow........
\Just can't let us dream can you . you damn realist :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 09:54:09 PM »

Saw a red '07 with 7K at a gas stop the other day in CT. Guy never heard of our forum or about the leaks. Apparently his dealer hadn't either. So I went over and showed him his leak. He was baffled how I was able to go right up to it and find it in 2 seconds. How'd you know? he asked. They'll all do it, I told him. And you can take that to the bank, until they correct a poorly engineered design flaw. If it ain't leakin now, don't worry, it will! :o ;)

Hoist! 8)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2008, 05:16:32 PM »

Saw a red '07 with 7K at a gas stop the other day in CT. Guy never heard of our forum or about the leaks. Apparently his dealer hadn't either. So I went over and showed him his leak. He was baffled how I was able to go right up to it and find it in 2 seconds. How'd you know? he asked. They'll all do it, I told him. And you can take that to the bank, until they correct a poorly engineered design flaw. If it ain't leakin now, don't worry, it will! :o ;)

Hoist! 8)
Are you sure your EBCM # isn't 1. that was just mean , Ignorance is bliss let him dream :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 03:39:46 PM by BIGDOG »

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 07:19:38 PM »

Was told a couple of indy shops in NW Houston area have have great success repalcing the Harley head gaskets with a Cometrec gasket and the O-rings with Viton or Vytron brand. Maybe just bs. Couldn't be that simple could it?
2013 CVO Roadglide

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2008, 01:09:25 AM »

The first shipment of Slim Jims arrived without lube on them. They didn't want their best customers to have to insert them dry. They aren't meant to be used orally. :nervous:

Tork
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 24 queries.