Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 46t to EVO 49t basket  (Read 787 times)

08_ScreaminSpringer

• Junior CVO Member
46t to EVO 49t basket
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:52:47 AM »

Going to give the EVO 49t clutch basket a try. I did try there 30t motor sprocket to much vibration for me. They told it was made for heavy bikes.
08 Softail Screamin Eagle Springer with SERT and D&D fatcat Big Boar 2 into 1..

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 46t to EVO 49t basket
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »

Going to give the EVO 49t clutch basket a try. I did try there 30t motor sprocket to much vibration for me. They told it was made for heavy bikes.

This is the kit that sells for about $324.00?

I did some looking as well and have another thread started where other imformation is posted in the CVO General forum.

The 49t seems to be about half way between stock and the 30t motor sprocket.  I think that this may be my avenue of choice as well.

Please give us a report on rpms etc.  From your screen name, you have a Springer.  Do you ride a lot two up?  Even wtih the weight issue being lighter, it's the rpms and mph at parking lot speeds that is the killer.

In the picture on their site it only shows the sprocket/ring gear part, not the complete basket.  Is this your basket bolted to the new sprocket/ring gear part?

Thanks again fo the information.
Thanks again for the posting and pictures.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

08_ScreaminSpringer

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 46t to EVO 49t basket
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »

I had the 30t and love the low 1st gear on long driveways or thu a parking lot. Also the 30t started the motor faster and easier! But it had to much vibration made the bike feel like a junker.

This kit is complete was 675.00 it has a steel ring gear/sprocket and billet aluminum basket. There is 3 ways you can buy it. Just the sprocket 3??.00, Billet alum sprocket & basket 5??.00 or the way i have. I felt better about the steel over alum sprocket.

I wanted a stronger take off.. Also thinking about the Andrews 30t belt pulley
08 Softail Screamin Eagle Springer with SERT and D&D fatcat Big Boar 2 into 1..

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.