Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: WTF? 110 vs stock 96er  (Read 6076 times)

motoman

Re: WTF? 110 vs stock 96er
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »

its not just the bike , but rider exp. too, switch bikes and see what happens!!!! :jalapeno:....no pun intended..

Yes I can ride and better than him, not being big headed here but thats one area I have an advantage which is all the more reason this bothers me.

motoman

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:20:23 PM »

Yeah, let's see the dyno sheet, especially if it has the AFR on it.

If the dyno sheet looks suspect, I think I'd spend the $300 or $400 to get a good tune in it and see if it produces a different result the next time you line 'em up with your b-in-l before spending the money for your options #1 or #2.

Thanks. I'm checking this out now.

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »

My FXD DYNA Super glide. the lighest big twin you can buy. Dealer installed 110 kit with V+H straight shots. Nice tune from the dealer took 4 dyno runs.
92HP 110ftlbs.
I ran it at the drags when the motor was not really broken in. 12.5 105mph at Island dragway leaving like Grandma from the line @ 2000 rpm's.
The only reason I am not selling my leaker is that as the motor gets more miles on it and starts to free up and break in it is getting faster and faster. Kinda scarry now when you whack it in first. Front wheel lifts, and if you don't hook your right foot under the brake lever you will fly off the seat.
Friday my buddy finally came up to my house with his Harley street rod. We took them out on the Palisades Parkway and grudged up to 85 mph.  We were very close and everytime I saw him starting to pull me I shifted. I never wound my bike up past 5300 rpms. I made the mistake of winding it out at the drags to 6200 and only turned a 12.5 because of that combined with my grandma start.
Bottom line in the grudge match his street rod's front wheel never got past my gas tank in the race.
I have to say that his bike only has 1500 miles, He is not a very expierenced rider and I doubt he was winding his bike all the way up where it make all it's power.
Still I felt pretty good after that run.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 07:34:20 PM »

At what point were you shifting your bike?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »

At what point were you shifting your bike?
:confused5:  :confused5:  :confused5:  :confused5:

motoman

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »

Wow, lots of new information tonight both here and on the street. Here's the deal, I get out to go for a quick ride after work and what do i notice around the base of my cylinders????? Yep there is oil seapage around them... Both cylinders.

My question is what should I do next? The bike has only 2887 miles on her, should I bring it back to the dealer for warranty work. If so what should I tell them I want? I thought someone here said they only will put a bandaid on the problem by offering new gaskets. Any suggestions?

Ok and now for the good news...Like any good ol boy should do I prompty wanted to go for a ride on my scoot and where did I go? Right to the ol brother in laws and off we go for round two at the drags. This time we do it under more controlled circumstances (ie. were both ready). Here's the results, his stock 96inch is identical to me from 1st, into 2nd, into 3rd, once we get halfway through 3rd gear I start pulling by the end of 3rd gear i'm about a bike and a half, into 4th gear and i'm pulling him 3 bikes, and then by the end 5 bikes. I did ride his bike and to my surprise the frigging thing moves for a stocker. Might be just one of those bikes that was built on the right day...

So, i'm a little happier because I know the results for sure and understand them a bit. However, I'm in no way happy with them nor with the 110 problems. Thoughts? Advice, general comments? This and you and have been a huge help all in less than 24hrs. I'm very glad I found this forum and a good bunch of folks.

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 10:57:42 PM »

I would just wipe and ride and add oil if you need to. Maybe by fall they "might " have a fix. Every time I bing my bike in for repair the tank or fenders come home with new scratches.
Second, Get a set of good pipes and have your bike sert turned on a dyno by some one who knows what they are doing. There is no way a 96 should be anyway near you by the time you are out of first gear. The 110 has stump pulling power at low end. I have 100ftlbs of torque @ 2200 RPMs with my 110 kit on my Dyna, the stocker has about 75lbs in the same spot. Your bike needs some tweaking.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 11:09:21 PM »

x2 - If that 96" is keeping up with you in any gear, something ain't right.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 11:37:31 PM »

:confused5:  :confused5:  :confused5:  :confused5:

The 255 cam in the 110 runs out at about 4200 if someone is riding the bike and not shifting till say 5k or 5500 then they are shifting to late and you will need to learn to short shift at 4200 - 4500 latest to stay in the power.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Piper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 08:14:14 AM »

Yes I can ride and better than him, not being big headed here but thats one area I have an advantage which is all the more reason this bothers me.

Switch bikes and try again, I suspect he'll smoke your a$$.
No shame in letting us know the result because it could save you $$ and trips back to the dealer..

motoman

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »

Tried it today and the same result he gets me at the end of 3rd and into 4th... Dropping my bike off at the dealer to see their so called leaky fix as i've got a good amount of oil around the base of my cyclinders... Would you trust the bike after to drive 4K miles up and back to Sturgis? Getting a little concerned in terms of the 110 problems i've been reading about here...

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »

Tried it today and the same result he gets me at the end of 3rd and into 4th... Dropping my bike off at the dealer to see their so called leaky fix as i've got a good amount of oil around the base of my cyclinders... Would you trust the bike after to drive 4K miles up and back to Sturgis? Getting a little concerned in terms of the 110 problems i've been reading about here...

Would not be worried at all. I'd go with you, leaking all the way, if I could get off of work. ;)

:indian_chief:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »

Would not be worried at all. I'd go with you, leaking all the way, if I could get off of work. ;)

Oh no... :nervous:.....don't go and take off, they might out-source your job.  :oops:  aaaaarrgh.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 06:56:13 PM »

Oh no... :nervous:.....don't go and take off, they might out-source your job.  :oops:  aaaaarrgh.  :drink: spyder

I think I'll be OK at the new one for awhile. By gong to a software shop, their code is their life. Can't send that to India. :2vrolijk_21:

OILCAN1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »

Try putting your old lady on the back and filling up some saddlebags then drag race, I bet you have the exact same results that my friends is what TORQUE does for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 21 queries.