Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What about taking the law into your own hands?  (Read 2310 times)

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
What about taking the law into your own hands?
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:56:06 PM »

I guess that one way or the other we all feel totally disappointed by the way H-D is handling the 110 mess. On the other hand most of us can’t wait for Harley to take the appropriate steps into solving they huge issue they have created by being careless when pumping up the good old 96…..
In my case I have been told I need a change of gaskets, but the lining slide issue is not being addressed, so as many problems such as dropping valve guides, ACR’s failing ASO.
I’m pretty sure that Harley will not solve all our problems in the months to come, so I  think it might be a good solution to count on other suppliers to sort out the problems and at the same time get the bike running perfectly and very possibly even with an extra load of HP. I understand that new cylinders, pistons, machined heads ASO will cost a bunch, but as in my case I am prepared to endure that cost and also forget about the lousy warranty we have, whoever is interested might find this option the only way out.
So, my question is, who do you recommend I contact, to get some proven cylinders, heads, cams and what have you, to make my bike trustworthy and powerful.
We get around 80 HP right now; my aim is to get 90-120, as long as I don’t lose any reliability and I get rid of all known problems with the 110 CI engine.
As soon as I get the contacts I will start contacting the right people….. because I don’t know you, but I can’t wait for Hardley to make the correct move.
I pay this round of beers (Spanish San Miguel) :-* :-* :mango: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:
Spanish Flyer

STOCK BIKES SUCK!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: What about taking the law into your own hands?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:20:02 PM »

PM- Hoist
He has buit it both ways - once wrong and once right, I would suggest you get his right list and find a good builder.

Good luck

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »

Sory,
Can't find anything with the PM-hoist thinggie; can you be more specific?
BR,
Spanish Flyer
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »

Sory,
Can't find anything with the PM-hoist thinggie; can you be more specific?
BR,
Spanish Flyer

Don't worry SF, I'm right here! I first let HD fix the leak. They didn't. Then I let them put a hot rod top end package on that was designed and furnished by CR, under w.....ty. Again, HD failed miserably. ACR's spit out of the head in NJ. Towed home. Sent the heads out and welded ACR holes and installed manuals. Just had to get put back together. Again, HD failed miserably. Didn't Torque the rear head. 3 strikes and you're out! I bought new cases, did a Timken conversion, installed a forged S&S crank, and had the entire motor built properly by a REAL engine builder, including gear drive cams this time (since I have a zero runout bottom end)!

So, all in all, I'm very happy with the final product, although it was torture getting to the end. It shouldn't have been. And if I had to do it over, I'd buy a Jims 120 or 131 and call it a day. By the time you're done building a motor, the Jim's is cheaper. But my 110 ain't no Jim's either. It's a much better motor! So if you wanna build a motor, find the best engine builder/designer you can, ask many questions (and he should be doing the same from you) and select one that meets your needs. This job must be designed and built properly for you to get it right.

So grab a beer, get a comfy chair, and sit back and start reading. You might find this interesting. If ya have any questions at all, you can ask here for everyone's benefit, or send me a PM.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21375.msg342859#msg342859

I came to your conclusion last summer after having the bike only a few months. So if you'vce read any of my stuff, you already know my mantra! FTF! FTW! & FTD! (Factory, W.....ty, and Dealer!) ;)

Best of luck with your build SF! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 04:46:31 PM »

If it were were me I would bite the bullit and buy a mtr of your choice and sell the remains to...

Hoist     ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.