Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Question on Injector Size  (Read 11668 times)

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

Question on Injector Size
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:00:10 PM »

Anyone know what the FLHTCUSE2 (Screaming Eagle 2007 Ultra Classic) stock injector size is in grams per sec?

Thanks.

Did extensive search and couldn't find.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Question on Injector Size
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »

Pretty sure it is 3.91 gm/sec.  Though there was a thread on the site somewhere but I could not find it.  Anyway in the 'tuning constants' section of my sert program that is what it states - 3.91.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »

Pretty sure it is 3.91 gm/sec.  Though there was a thread on the site somewhere but I could not find it.  Anyway in the 'tuning constants' section of my sert program that is what it states - 3.91.

3.91 is stock and 4.89 is the SE one. You can tell the ECM what size injectors you're using thru the SERT. The stock ones are plenty unless you're really hot rodding the motor. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 03:23:02 PM »

3.91 is stock and 4.89 is the SE one. You can tell the ECM what size injectors you're using thru the SERT. The stock ones are plenty unless you're really hot rodding the motor. ;)

Hoist! 8)

So Cybil has what; like 11006:1 :P ?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »

So Cybil has what; like 11006:1 :P ?

HeHe!!! 4.89's, but I have a custom larger size 5.7 pair on hand for......... ::) ::) ::) ;D

Get them here: http://www.injector.com/

Call them to discuss custom sizing based on your expected HP/TQ numbers, but you'll rarely need larger than the SE 4.89's! ;)

Hoist!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:09:18 PM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I don't know why I had 4.6 stuck in my mind.  Probably the throttle body size of 46 mm is where I hallucinated it from.   ;D

JPB

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:49:57 PM »

Get them here: http://www.injector.com/

That's Marren's isn't it?  That's a good place for just about anything that's commonly fuel injected related.  Someplace here I've got a higher pressure fuel regulator for the Marelli throttle body that came from them.  Now when that spare throttle body gets back from BC Gerolamy I'll have something to stick it in :2vrolijk_21: .

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 11:26:26 AM »

Hoist! 8)
Hoist, mine is in the shop right now for upgrades ( head work, cams, throttle body and 905 recall ) and have a question about the Horsepower Inc. throttle body. I know you have done a lot of comparing with different ones. Did you test the Max Flow I . It has a 55mm butterfly and gets larger to 58mm in the manifold. This is the one that I am looking at instead of the regular 55mm. Is the Max Flow I ( 55mm) much better than the plain 55mm?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:23:40 PM »

Hoist, mine is in the shop right now for upgrades ( head work, cams, throttle body and 905 recall ) and have a question about the Horsepower Inc. throttle body. I know you have done a lot of comparing with different ones. Did you test the Max Flow I . It has a 55mm butterfly and gets larger to 58mm in the manifold. This is the one that I am looking at instead of the regular 55mm. Is the Max Flow I ( 55mm) much better than the plain 55mm?

I'm not familiar with that TB. Don't know what kinda mods you're doing. The 110 likes lotsa flow, and the larger TB helps. But the size of it should be based on the type of mods you're doing and the output you expect from it. SE 251's will work fine with the SE 50mm TB. Higher perf mods might require the 55 you stated, or a 58. Maybe that Max Flow is a good option too. My mods dictated that I go up to the 62mm. Ne easy answer to that one KingDog. What exactly are you doing to the motor? That might allow us to better understand what you're doing and get us closer to determining TB size. ;)

Hoist! 8)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 12:45:30 PM »

The Max Flow 1 is a horsepower inc. throttle body. That's what they are calling it anyway. And that's probally what you have on yours if you went with the 62mm, or yours might the Max Flow II. I called HPinc and will be going with the Max Flow 1 55mm ( it also has the larger manifold 58mm ) This flow goes from the needed 55mm to bigger 58mm manifold and back to a little smaller head port. This design will increase velocity to the combustion chamber for better burn. I am going to step out of the box with this build from what I have been reading here on this site. Other mods beside head work or 10.5 pistons and T-Man 625 cams ( 244 duration ) of course D & D fatcats, SERT and the other obvious improvements. Crank runout .0025  :2vrolijk_21:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »

The Max Flow 1 is a horsepower inc. throttle body. That's what they are calling it anyway. And that's probally what you have on yours if you went with the 62mm, or yours might the Max Flow II. I called HPinc and will be going with the Max Flow 1 55mm ( it also has the larger manifold 58mm ) This flow goes from the needed 55mm to bigger 58mm manifold and back to a little smaller head port. This design will increase velocity to the combustion chamber for better burn. I am going to step out of the box with this build from what I have been reading here on this site. Other mods beside head work or 10.5 pistons and T-Man 625 cams ( 244 duration ) of course D & D fatcats, SERT and the other obvious improvements. Crank runout .0025  :2vrolijk_21:

KINGDOG looks like a very nice build, but scrap the Fat Kat for a Borazillia!!!!! That is if you are looking for good top end numbers!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

hogasm

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »

KINGDOG looks like a very nice build, but scrap the Fat Kat for a Borazillia!!!!! That is if you are looking for good top end numbers!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dawg the 114 we have been talking about will have a Fat Cat pipe.

I am using the same cam as Kingdog

53mm HP inc TB

Wonder if the shorter stroke in my motor makes the difference with pipes :nixweiss:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 01:41:05 PM »

The Boarzillia is the same pipe as the Fat Kat only larger header pipes. Better top end numbers. Lower TQ numbers. In a lighter bike it is DEFINTELLY a better pipe. Larger bike if you have enough A$$ to get it out of the hole and moving it will be a good pipe also.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 01:42:50 PM »

I'm not familiar with that TB. Don't know what kinda mods you're doing. The 110 likes lotsa flow, and the larger TB helps. But the size of it should be based on the type of mods you're doing and the output you expect from it. SE 251's will work fine with the SE 50mm TB. Higher perf mods might require the 55 you stated, or a 58. Maybe that Max Flow is a good option too. My mods dictated that I go up to the 62mm. Ne easy answer to that one KingDog. What exactly are you doing to the motor? That might allow us to better understand what you're doing and get us closer to determining TB size. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie,

Your (our) HPI 62mm throttle body is called the Max Flow II...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »

Howie,

Your (our) HPI 62mm throttle body is called the Max Flow II...

Scott

I guess I didn't know it had a name! ???

And the power curve on your Dyno chart shows how our build likes that big TB. John did a great job setting your tune up like that. Interesting how you can set these things up so many ways, including real crappy too. Only goes to show you that the real key is an EXCELLENT tune by a CAPABLE tuner! Same thing happened to me going from the PC and that map. I went from 25-30 to 35-40. Lost about 5HP and 5 Ft-Lbs, but runs snappier and is more efficient. I changed to the SERT though to insure I have an ECM capable of running my motor if the PC failed. I might want that HP/TQ back at the expense of mileage though! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.