Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield Info Needed Please  (Read 1047 times)

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Windshield Info Needed Please
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »

My dealer is having a very hard time trying to locate the necessary parts to use for my 09 CVO Glide tall windshield. Does anyone have the part # for the rubber trim that goes on the outside bottom front edge of the shield? Also, can we use the backside rubber strip that comes with the stock wind deflector on the tall windshield? And last I think there may be two or 3 rubber cushions that stick behind the tall shield at each corner to stop any potential rubbing or vibrating(is this correct). All help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
Re: Windshield Info Needed Please
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 08:57:42 AM »

my suggestion is go with a clearview it comes with all that & is a much nicer windshield.
 p.s. order a blem its the way to go, with no wait.
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:25:57 AM »

The part number for the trim is 58706-98C.  The cost is around $20. 

The Clearview windshield is no doubt better form a function perspective.  It takes forever to custom order them, but when you get it the quality is exceptional.  They stand behind their products as well.  As long as you leave the plastic protector on you can return it no questions asked.  CV also protects the rider form wind, noise, etc. better than anything else I've found. 

The cool factor is also important on a sex machine like a SERG.  Looking at it as form, not function, perspective Klock Werks has cool dialed in.  Their shields look great on the bike and work reasonably well.  Many people complain about wind hitting riders in the face, noise, etc., but KW is unique and every bike that has one gets attention.  That said, however, KW is not perfect.  Their shipping department is a joke, when you call them the people are not customer-focused or knowledgeable about their own products and they don't ship complete kits with trim and parts needed.  Personally, I'd rather pay a few more bucks and have the shield boxed properly and get a trim kit. 

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 06:02:14 PM »

My dealer is having a very hard time trying to locate the necessary parts to use for my 09 CVO Glide tall windshield. Does anyone have the part # for the rubber trim that goes on the outside bottom front edge of the shield? Also, can we use the backside rubber strip that comes with the stock wind deflector on the tall windshield? And last I think there may be two or 3 rubber cushions that stick behind the tall shield at each corner to stop any potential rubbing or vibrating(is this correct). All help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Call John at CLearview, He told me he's sell that seperate and it's nice...Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.