Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Looking for comments on 110 issuses  (Read 12160 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Looking for comments on 110 issuses
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 07:45:19 AM »

You can't say "bugs" in the design, or an engine with issues is a good engine! You might like the power or like the way it rides, but consistent failures of the same things, constitues poor design, under-engineering, and/or poorly manufactured components. I think Jacques has it right. It's "potentially" good engine. Needs a substantial amount of help is all! And don't count on the right help ever being provided by the MoCo!!! They'll never make this engine all it SHOULD be!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 09:17:01 PM »

I have to disagree also with the "110 being an awful choice" statement. I really enjoy my bike and even though the engine is stock (Air, Motor, ECM, Exhaust) I find it to have great smooth power. Granted there are "bugs" with the design of the motor, but I honestly believe the MoCo will step up to address it better than just their Product Program. Yes it's frustrating that it seems to take so long and/or looks to be denied, but this may be case where views from the outside (being us) need to be expressed for those at the MoCo to recognize the problem. Well at least I hope so.

BULLCHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
 Granted there are "bugs" with the design of the motor, but I honestly believe the MoCo will step up to address it better than just their Product  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Do you work for them?????????????????????????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WE all spend mad money on these bikes and they take almost 3 years to come up with a (BAND AID) fix for a major f up.
I love my bike also, but you better not count on the MOCO for any real help, this (BAND AID) will get most out of warranty, then what, we spend money out of our own pocket, ( AGAIN).
Just like GM with the 3100 and 3400 motors, intake gaskets leak early, we fixed em under warranty, then when they go again (AFTER WARRANTY) customer pays. >:( >:( >:(
(IMHO)  A bad   design cant be (BAND AID ) fixed. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   
We all better get that through our thick heads.
Just saying

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »

BULLCHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
 Granted there are "bugs" with the design of the motor, but I honestly believe the MoCo will step up to address it better than just their Product  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Do you work for them?????????????????????????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WE all spend mad money on these bikes and they take almost 3 years to come up with a (BAND AID) fix for a major f up.
I love my bike also, but you better not count on the MOCO for any real help, this (BAND AID) will get most out of warranty, then what, we spend money out of our own pocket, ( AGAIN).
Just like GM with the 3100 and 3400 motors, intake gaskets leak early, we fixed em under warranty, then when they go again (AFTER WARRANTY) customer pays. >:( >:( >:(
(IMHO)  A bad   design cant be (BAND AID ) fixed. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   
Just saying

That's why I have a 7-year ESP...will only cost me Fiddy bucks if they go wrong after the factory warranty expires.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »

I agree with Jacques & Howie. After all who better to be the guinea pigs than a customer who can afford a $30k + bike as a base platform and only to learn that they have to dump a crap pile of money to make it better or get rid of it. I invested in my bike because I beleive in it. I'm dissapointed on how MOCO dealt with it but my dealer kicked in and helped. So far the investment is paying off and my dealer has a loyal customer.

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »

That's why I have a 7-year ESP...will only cost me Fiddy bucks if they go wrong after the factory warranty expires.

:devil:
I purchased one also, for the same reason.
Its just a damn shame we have to.
Agree
Dave

GOMO

• www.GOMOtorcycling.org
  • Junior CVO Member
    • GOMOtorcycling
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »

Granted there are "bugs" with the design of the motor, but I honestly believe the MoCo will step up to address it better than just their Product :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Just saying

I have the 7yr service too. I am trying to keep a positive thought (at least within my own brain), though I may be disappointed. Looks like I still have 6 1/2 yrs to cover problems. If they continue on a chronic basis before the warranty expires, a replacement ride will probably be in order - May just go back to an EVO and just build it up.
http://www.gomotorcycling.org
2007 Red FLHTCUSE2
MSF - RiderCoach New York State
American Iron Magazine - Safety Columnist
(http://www.aimag.com)
HOG -AMA - MRF -ABATE
Fred Rau Motorcycling
Online Touring Magazine
H-D Columnist
http://www.fredraumotorcycling.com

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Buzz Kanter / Editor in Chief AIM looking into the 110 problems?
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 01:29:21 PM »

I checked the AIM site yesterday and came across this posting

"Buzz Kanter 
Senior Member   Join Date: May 2007

Harley CVO 110 inch issues

Anyone here who owns and rides a 110 inch CVO?

We are hearing of many problems with them and would like to hear your story.

Buzz Kanter
Editor-in-Chief, American Iron Magazine"

This is under the "Tech & How to" section; Engines; Harley CVO 110 inch issues
http://www.aimag.com/forums/engines/4176-harley-cvo-110-inch-issues.html

If you are so incline, take a few minutes to give them the low down on any 110 motor related problems you have experienced. I posted and told Buzz of the earlier postings on their site from some of us. This may be a chance to actually put some light on the 110 problem that the MoCo will have to acknowledge. FWIW.

JW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Buzz Kanter / Editor in Chief AIM looking into the 110 problems?
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 01:34:49 PM »

I checked the AIM site yesterday and came across this posting

"Buzz Kanter 
Senior Member   Join Date: May 2007

Harley CVO 110 inch issues

Anyone here who owns and rides a 110 inch CVO?

We are hearing of many problems with them and would like to hear your story.

Buzz Kanter
Editor-in-Chief, American Iron Magazine"

This is under the "Tech & How to" section; Engines; Harley CVO 110 inch issues
http://www.aimag.com/forums/engines/4176-harley-cvo-110-inch-issues.html

If you are so incline, take a few minutes to give them the low down on any 110 motor related problems you have experienced. I posted and told Buzz of the earlier postings on their site from some of us. This may be a chance to actually put some light on the 110 problem that the MoCo will have to acknowledge. FWIW.

JW

FBK!!! If he's too damn lazy to look this place up, screw him. He'll only sugar-coat everything anyway. AIM's in bed w/HD anyway, and would never give the straigt scoop! He knows of this site and other members have been urging him to look into this. Now he asks if anyone has issues!!! ::)

FAIM!!! FBK!!! FTF!!! FTW!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 01:38:03 PM »

FBK!!! If he's too damn lazy to look this place up, screw him. He'll only sugar-coat everything anyway. AIM's in bed w/HD anyway, and would never give the straigt scoop! He knows of this site and other members have been urging him to look into this. Now he asks if anyone has issues!!! ::)

Hoist! 8)

I love your consistency Howie ;D

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »

Whaddya really mean... :D

GOMO

• www.GOMOtorcycling.org
  • Junior CVO Member
    • GOMOtorcycling
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 03:18:35 PM »

I love your consistency Howie ;D

I've only been posting on this site just recently, but it that time I can tell the Howie is the warm & fuzzy gut of the bunck. Kind of like Elmo.
http://www.gomotorcycling.org
2007 Red FLHTCUSE2
MSF - RiderCoach New York State
American Iron Magazine - Safety Columnist
(http://www.aimag.com)
HOG -AMA - MRF -ABATE
Fred Rau Motorcycling
Online Touring Magazine
H-D Columnist
http://www.fredraumotorcycling.com

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »

I've only been posting on this site just recently, but it that time I can tell the Howie is the warm & fuzzy gut of the bunck. Kind of like Elmo.

HeHe!!! Just don't try to tickle me!!! :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Howie, tell us how you really feel. ;D   THE MUFFMAN

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

Donny Peterson told me very early this year that he had determined the cause of the 110 problems and would have several articles out about it but it would be several months because the issues are planned quite a while in advance.  Chit that's been well over 6 or 8 months and I've seen nothing much so I figure by the time AIM finally gets around to getting out the word it will qualify as ancient history, lol.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

elky72ss454

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »

I love mine too. I have never owned anything that was without problems. I just deal with it or get rid of it and move own. No point in crying about something I have no control over.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.