Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 2006 bikes Catalitic Converters  (Read 4015 times)

daharleyrdr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
2006 bikes Catalitic Converters
« on: August 13, 2005, 04:27:05 PM »

Just to let you guys know I just came from my local HD dealer here in the New York Area, all 06 Touring class bikes now come with the  [smiley=oops.gif]hidden in the exhaust pipes, look at the size of the holes in the pipes compared to an 05 were screwed we can't change the pipes due to federal law!!!!! what do we do now EPA is on the move, sorry for the rotten info  Bill [bgcolor=Black][/bgcolor]

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: 2006 bikes Catalitic Converters
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 05:39:32 PM »

Pipes can still be changed.  I've seen several on dealer floors w/big bore kits and SE pipes, and some with just stage one and SE pipes.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 11:39:40 PM »

This is old news, we discussed this at length in another thread...short version is they have been putting converters on the bikes since 03..at least in Cal. we have been breaking the law all this time. There is no enforcement in the majority of the states, so don't sweat it...enjoy the bike [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
by the way welcome to the site..read thru the extensive  and valuable info, it will be educational.. [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 11:41:49 PM by tonys »

daharleyrdr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 10:04:47 AM »

But I'm a little confused I know that on the west coast California there have been pollution control  devices on bikes for the past few years. Can you guys out there change the pipes without worrying about passing inspection. I thought you had to have the cattalic converter on the car or bike to pass state inspection?? Now Harley doesn't mention this pollution control device anywhere on their website or sales literature, my dealer didn't even know about it and he went to the HD Dealers show they just had to unveil the 06 models. Another dealer told me about it. And that dealer said you cant take off the device as its a big federal fine if the dealer does?? Help as I don't know if I should get a leftover 05 Road King without the EPA devices or get a 06 with the device, maybe I'm just worrying for nothing thanks Bill

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 11:54:49 AM »

But I'm a little confused I know that on the west coast California there have been pollution control
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 11:56:37 AM by tonys »

daharleyrdr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 05:04:14 PM »

Dear Tonys thanks for the info just one question more?? so you would you buy a 2006 without any second thought about the EPA mods or would you do your damndest to locate a 05 left over without EPA stuff, see in NY we havent had to deal with this until the 06 models. I dont know what to get the 05 or 06  thanks again so much for your help Bill

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 11:20:18 PM »

Dear Tonys thanks for the info just one question more?? so you would you buy a 2006 without any second thought about the EPA mods or would you do your damndest to locate a 05 left over without EPA stuff, see in NY we havent had to deal with this until the 06 models. I dont know what to get the 05 or 06

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 06:45:22 AM »

I still say ride it like you stold it even with %$#@* converters!! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

[smiley=oops.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 10:45:32 AM »

I still say ride it like you stold it even with %$#@* converters!! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

[smiley=oops.gif]

Ride it like you converted it ?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 12:34:25 PM »

Ride it like you converted it ?

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
 Convert it like you RIDE! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 01:26:58 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 05:53:42 PM »

Some guy over on HTT just posted that he talked to his dealer and they said that the new Dyna's were the only ones with cats. It's amazing all the different info the dealers come up with. Of course, most of the time, it's the sales guy the're talking to, and they don't know squat.  About a month ago I stopped by a stealer to look at a new Ultra, and the sales guy tried to tell me it had a 160 watt stereo. I told him that only the CVO bike had that stereo and he said hmmm. Then I mentioned the two position tour pac, and he looked under the pac and said, " sure does"  [smiley=confused5.gif]  I just walked out the door.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 09:53:07 PM »

Some guy over on HTT just posted that he talked to his dealer and they said that the new Dyna's were the only ones with cats. It's amazing all the different info the dealers come up with. Of course, most of the time, it's the sales guy the're talking to, and they don't know squat.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 11:10:20 PM »

I guess that would have been too much work for the sales guy to look up.  But,  if we're going to lay blame here, let's put it where it belongs. The sales guys work for the  owner, right? Seems like it would be prudent to have a sales meeting about all the changes for an upcoming model year, wouldn't it?  DUH.  In my particular area, all three dealers/stealers are owned by the same dunce.  I live 15 miles from the closest shop, but I won't deal with them because their additude sucks. They think I will buy a bike from them just because it's an HD.  Wrong.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 11:13:09 PM »

(additude)   What was that? [smiley=oops.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 11:52:03 PM »

He meant addiDUDE.  they're the ones that total up the add-ons before the bike leaves the dealership.  Even I knew what that meant.  Har!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]    spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 01:01:43 AM »

Some guy over on HTT just posted that he talked to his dealer and they said that the new Dyna's were the only ones with cats. It's amazing all the different info the dealers come up with. Of course, most of the time, it's the sales guy the're talking to, and they don't know squat.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 08:27:54 AM »

Tony, my apologies. Didn't mean for it to sound like a blanket statement.  It just hacks me that our local ownership is so bad.  Can't tell you how many times I've been out riding and met up with some other riders and when the conversation turns to dealers, the local place gets trashed. Most people that do business there, only do it once.  [smiley=blank.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 01:08:31 PM »

Tony, my apologies. Didn't mean for it to sound like a blanket statement.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 01:29:38 PM »

No BLM, it's Fort Worth.  Three stores and all owned by the same family.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.