Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wanted: racetuner map  (Read 1815 times)

HDMonsterTorque

Wanted: racetuner map
« on: August 09, 2005, 07:42:34 AM »

I'm looking for a racetuner map that is made for a setup with Rinehart True Duals. (perfect if around 10:1 cr and early closing camshafts)

Thanks in advance!

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Wanted: racetuner map
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 08:54:05 AM »

I'm looking for a racetuner map that is made for a setup with Rinehart True Duals. (perfect if around 10:1 cr and early closing camshafts)

Thanks in advance!

I just down loaded cal #18 127lm006 into a stock bike with a 2 into 1 pipe and the bike runs great. The Harley shop had cal#13 loaded 127hx022 and the motor ran hot with a lot of detonation and preignition when in anytype of hard pull. The bike now runs smoother and cooler with no pinging problems.
Dave

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 10:11:13 AM »

I just down loaded cal #18 127lm006 into a stock bike with a 2 into 1 pipe and the bike runs great. The Harley shop had cal#13 loaded 127hx022 and the motor ran hot with a lot of detonation and preignition when in anytype of hard pull. The bike now runs smoother and cooler with no pinging problems.
Dave

Any plans to dyno it? if so I would be interested in the results, I have the same problem you had...also how do you know what download is in your bike?   Thanks
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:12:38 AM by tonys »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 02:09:30 PM »

For RhineHart True Duals

This is the map in my 04 Pumpkin.   Please remember that each bike runs slightly different but this should get you down the road, but I still recommend checking it on a dyno.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/u/n/unbalanced/HARRY%2005%20SE%20MAP%20103J.MT5
Leaner map runs at 14:1 A/F  05 Cherry Try this one first

http://bellsouthpwp.net/u/n/unbalanced/103.Berenger.12.MT5
Stock Cam 13:1 A/F  04 Pumpkin

« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 02:30:58 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 04:56:31 PM »

Any plans to dyno it? if so I would be interested in the results, I have the same problem you had...also how do you know what download is in your bike?   Thanks

The bike will probably not be put on a dyno its not my bike but one the local dealer installed the tuner on and could not get  right. If the bike is dynoed I`ll get the results and post them.
The race tuner software will show what program is downloaded in the ecm.
Dave

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 02:40:18 AM »

Hey Dave,

Are you still running cal #18? have you run on the dyno yet? I have just loaded the same into my 05 SE Fat Boy  was running cal #13 had that on the dyno at 98.6Hp & 100ft/lb T , but I rekon cal #18 feels stronger I think I will have to dyno to compare them.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 03:26:34 AM »

Hey Dave,

Are you still running cal #18? have you run on the dyno yet? I have just loaded the same into my 05 SE Fat Boy  was running cal #13 had that on the dyno at 98.6Hp & 100ft/lb T , but I rekon cal #18 feels stronger I think I will have to dyno to compare them.

The cal #18 is still loaded . The now  owner loves his bike again. The  Harley  shop had installed the Race Tuner and could never get the bike dialed in. They have the service Mgr running the dyno and he had been changing the calibration #13 to try and stop the pinging and would not give the owner a copy of changes.  

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 10:42:07 PM »

Dave

I thought I would give this a try. It stopped the pinging, but felt a little doggy, and popped quite a bit on decel. I tried to increase the decel derichment but it didn't help much. I then took a look at the timing tables and saw that it was dialed back quite a bit compared to the 127hx022 map. So I took the 127hx022 map and put the VE values in from the 127lm006 map - 2 units and left any VE values that were higher than the 127lm006 map. I cannot make this bike ping now and it pulls really hard. I think I will get the bike dyno'd and work off of this hybrid map. Actually the bike runs so good now that I am only interesed in dynoing it to see what the air fuel ratios are. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
MObe

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 10:51:48 PM »

I thought I would give this a try. It stopped the pinging, but felt a little doggy, and popped quite a bit on decel. I tried to increase the decel derichment but it didn't help much. I then took a look at the timing tables and saw that it was dialed back quite a bit compared to the 127hx022 map. So I took the 127hx022 map and put the VE values in from the 127lm006 map - 2 units and left any VE values that were higher than the 127lm006 map. I cannot make this bike ping now and it pulls really hard. I think I will get the bike dyno'd and work off of this hybrid map. Actually the bike runs so good now that I am only interesed in dynoing it to see what the air fuel ratios are. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Good thought there Mobe. I`ll give that a try when I get the bike back in my shop .
Thanks for passing it along.
Dave

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.