Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MT90B16  (Read 1432 times)

Sean M Cary

MT90B16
« on: December 11, 2008, 08:04:48 AM »

What are my options?

I was somewhat shocked to see the other night as I was doing a check around the SERK that my rear is almost to the warning tread. 

Bike has 13.7k, and this would be the 2nd set of tires currently on it...original and dad replaced them with Dunlop D402's again.  I am heavy (260) and do almost all around town, and do not baby it so I guess I just wore it off.

Should I just do the D402's again?

I am a fan of Michelin stuff...have them on my KLR and my truck and cannot say enough about their quality and durability, is there a 90/16 Michelin that any of you have used and like? (other then the Commander?)

I did some searches here already, just looking for any current feedback.

Sean
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:10:35 AM by Florida Marine »

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
Re: MT90B16
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »

What are my options?

I was somewhat shocked to see the other night as I was doing a check around the SERK that my rear is almost to the warning tread. 

Bike has 13.7k, and this would be the 2nd set of tires currently on it...original and dad replaced them with Dunlop D402's again.  I am heavy (260) and do almost all around town, and do not baby it so I guess I just wore it off.

Should I just do the D402's again?

I am a fan of Michelin stuff...have them on my KLR and my truck and cannot say enough about their quality and durability, is there a 90/16 Michelin that any of you have used and like? (other then the Commander?)

I did some searches here already, just looking for any current feedback.

Sean
You should get a lot opinions, but mine is go to Metzeler ME880's.  On my '03 SERK I run 140's on the front and rear.  The ride and handling is significantly better than the Dunlops.  I get 7,500 miles out of a rear and 20,000 out of a front tire, which is about the same as I was getting out of the Dunlops.  Seriously, the ride improvement is day and night...I'll never go back to Dunlops.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

You should get a lot opinions, but mine is go to Metzeler ME880's.  On my '03 SERK I run 140's on the front and rear.  The ride and handling is significantly better than the Dunlops.  I get 7,500 miles out of a rear and 20,000 out of a front tire, which is about the same as I was getting out of the Dunlops.  Seriously, the ride improvement is day and night...I'll never go back to Dunlops.

I ran Metzler M880s for years loved them great handling tire and wear was not to bad. Then they stopped manufacturing in Germany, now Brazil quality of tire went to crap, not as wide as original ME880s, wear a lot faster. Last pair rear lasted only 5,000 miles.

No I am running the Dunlop E3s, first time for me, I find they handle as well as the ME880s, do not know about tire wear as only have 3,000 mile since putting them on in Sept.

geezerglide

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »

Agree with Geezerglide on the ME880s.
Put one on the back at 10K and now have almost
15K on the bike and went to Milwaukee and ride
the same roads you do in NC and it looks almost new.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:18:28 AM »

FM,
I have E3's on my 06 SEUC. Around 8K with plenty of wear to go! Got front and rear for around $200 ( that is both tires, not one). Try this place for pricing:  http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=975
John
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 08:45:30 AM »

I'm thinking Metzeler is the way to go.  They wear, ride, look better than stock.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.