Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: GAWD - What replacement tire to use?? I NEED HELP!!!!  (Read 4806 times)

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
Re: GAWD - What replacement tire to use?? I NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 11:33:14 PM »

My tires have 11000 miles on them, the wear in the middle is ( the leading edge of the tread pattern becomes worn )

Gottcha.  Thanks for the info. 

Looks like Hoist did a post on this right after I asked the question. 

Makes you wonder it they ever do an actual road testing with these "latest, greatest" of if it is all computer modeling.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:27:22 PM by dmnrdn »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 11:09:21 AM »

Been running ME880s on Thumper for awhile now.......can't remember how long.......almost a year I'd guess.  The purple bike just got a new set of Michelin Commanders.  Haven't ridden it yet.  Been wanting to try a set of those, and if I like 'em on the FLHR, then the green bike will get a set next tire change.  The Metzelers are great tires.  Really like them, and I may keep 'em, but my curiosity about the Michelins has been piqued, therefore, I gotta give 'em a try.

Let me know how you like the Commanders - I am going to put another Dunlop on the rear of the SERK and use the rest of the front and replace both when it gets to that point.  I can't see buying two tires now, when all I need is the rear, the front is still really strong.

I am a total Michelin fan, I have them on my truck and my KLR has Mich Anakees that are freaking amazing - so I am really interested in how they do.

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »

Let me know how you like the Commanders - I am going to put another Dunlop on the rear of the SERK and use the rest of the front and replace both when it gets to that point.  I can't see buying two tires now, when all I need is the rear, the front is still really strong.

I am a total Michelin fan, I have them on my truck and my KLR has Mich Anakees that are freaking amazing - so I am really interested in how they do.

Sean

WILCO, Sean.  Thanks to Chip, my fender is back.......sans dent.  I'll take it down to Hanceville tomorrow or the next day.  Still waiting on the +4 braided SS brake line.  Once that gets installed, I'll pick up the purple bike.  It's next stop is Woodstock, GA for AK-20s and Bitubos.  Can't wait to try out the Commanders.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »

WILCO, Sean.  Thanks to Chip, my fender is back.......sans dent.  I'll take it down to Hanceville tomorrow or the next day.  Still waiting on the +4 braided SS brake line.  Once that gets installed, I'll pick up the purple bike.  It's next stop is Woodstock, GA for AK-20s and Bitubos.  Can't wait to try out the Commanders.

yeah...  I can't afford the Traxxion/Bitubo stuff, been thinking of new springs and 20 wt in the forks.

Got my priorities and if a round doesn't exit the front end of it, it isn't in the budget lately.

But pretty sure I am getting a significant raise sometime during 2009 - probably Oct of Nov if I figure the numbers right....maybe then.

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »

yeah...  I can't afford the Traxxion/Bitubo stuff, been thinking of new springs and 20 wt in the forks.

Got my priorities and if a round doesn't exit the front end of it, it isn't in the budget lately.

But pretty sure I am getting a significant raise sometime during 2009 - probably Oct of Nov if I figure the numbers right....maybe then.

Sean

I know what you mean.  I've been "stockpiling" for about 6 months now....give or take.  Still waiting to find the perfect assault rifle for me.  It will be 7.62X39.  I just can't make up my mind which one I want.  I "want" one more handgun, but I think I "need" the assault rifle first.

I remember those days.........list anticipation.  Was shocked......sorta.......when the W3 list came out, and my name was on it a year earlier than expected.  Of course, being selected "below-the-zone" means I waited 315 days to get promoted.  Tomorrow, right?  Best to ya!

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »

Sean

OK, Sean..........Brian (BLM777) and I rode down to Hanceville yesterday.  I took the purple bike on a quick spin down county road 616 to get the tires warm and see how they stick.  Very impressive.  Comparable.......possibly better than Metzelers, but too early to say for sure, but definitely leaps and bounds better than the stock tires that were on there.  I think you'll like them.  I'll be able to wring them out good next weekend when I pick up the purple bike and bring her home.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »

OK, Sean..........Brian (BLM777) and I rode down to Hanceville yesterday.  I took the purple bike on a quick spin down county road 616 to get the tires warm and see how they stick.  Very impressive.  Comparable.......possibly better than Metzelers, but too early to say for sure, but definitely leaps and bounds better than the stock tires that were on there.  I think you'll like them.  I'll be able to wring them out good next weekend when I pick up the purple bike and bring her home.

Despite the reservations of some (never expressed here that I have seen) of the national origin of Michelin, I love them on all my other rolling stock. 

thanks, figured it would be a good report

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 01:29:55 AM »

Despite the reservations of some (never expressed here that I have seen) of the national origin of Michelin, I love them on all my other rolling stock. 

thanks, figured it would be a good report

Sean

Got to put about 80 miles on the purple bike today.....with the new Michelin Commanders.  Bottom line:  I'm switching to Michelin Commanders on the green bike when its time to get tires.  I love 'em.  Great tires.  Stick better.  Supposedly wear better.  They're less expensive.  They look great!  With all that, it is hard to justify spending the big bucks on Metzelers anymore.   :coolblue:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 08:32:02 AM »

Got to put about 80 miles on the purple bike today.....with the new Michelin Commanders.  Bottom line:  I'm switching to Michelin Commanders on the green bike when its time to get tires.  I love 'em.  Great tires.  Stick better.  Supposedly wear better.  They're less expensive.  They look great!  With all that, it is hard to justify spending the big bucks on Metzelers anymore.   :coolblue:

think I will go that route when the D402 on my front wears enough to replace it...just couldn't trash a good tire to make a change in brand, the D402's are good enough for now

I just like Michelin tires...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.45 seconds with 22 queries.