Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More HD Front Tire News-They Can't Get Them Right Anymore! Now It's You '09 Guys  (Read 2966 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Anyone see this yet? TT400 - January 29, 2009 – Front Tire Running Change 2009 Models

They can't get front tires selected properly anymore it seems! Buncha crap! Get ready '09 guys! It's your turn now! ::)

But the upside might be, if these replacements are any good, they make one for the '09 Springer that should work on our '07/'08 SERK's! ;)

Current P/N Tire size    Description                           New P/N    OE Applications
41999-07A 130/70R18 TIRE, FR, 130/70R18 M/C 63V 41999-07B FXSTSSE3

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:30:31 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)

does it ever end
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

does it ever end

It is not likely that this sort of thing will end in our lifetime. The buzz around the water cooler is that the directional change of the tread pattern was to reduce road noise from the tire as it wears. As the point on the leading edge of the tread area pictured in the attachment becomes worn, road noise from the tire increases. I understand that this does not affect the tire’s performance.

When you get a few miles on the D407F (10k+) and it begins to sound like a wheel bearing has soiled the nest, check the leading edge of the v-shaped detail of the tire’s tread. If it is worn and you can’t live with it, replace the tire before you replace the wheel bearings.

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO

I just notice this on my front tire will mo.c cover this. 09 flhtcuse4 w/11000 miles
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited

It is not likely that this sort of thing will end in our lifetime. The buzz around the water cooler is that the directional change of the tread pattern was to reduce road noise from the tire as it wears. As the point on the leading edge of the tread area pictured in the attachment becomes worn, road noise from the tire increases. I understand that this does not affect the tire’s performance.

When you get a few miles on the D407F (10k+) and it begins to sound like a wheel bearing has soiled the nest, check the leading edge of the v-shaped detail of the tire’s tread. If it is worn and you can’t live with it, replace the tire before you replace the wheel bearings.

It sure looks like you could just turn your tire around and remount it to run the opposite direction, but then I don't know enough about tires to know if there is something else besides the tread pattern in switching them the opposite direction.  But it sure look like all they did was switch the arrow on the side of the tire.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO

Talked to a sales guy about his 09 SERG tire cupping.  They gave him another tire, like the one he had but not the new one.  If they treat one of their own like that, what can we do?

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

tireless

I wondered about that when a friend rode his new 09 over to our August birthday bash... it took a minute to figure out why but the front tire caught my eye..... guess it not only looked wrong, it was wrong ::)

Thanks for the info, jw

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

I saw a show a few days ago, Coast to Coast or something like that.  It was mostly an HD advertisement, but one of the places they stopped was the "secret" HD proving grounds in Arizona.  "We can't tell you exactly where it is" (Google Earth anyone?).  I believe one of the things they test there are tires for wear and performance.  One would think they could have caught this, but then they don't hear things like engines making a racket or transmissions whining, so maybe not.   
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.