Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HDmaps.com  (Read 2947 times)

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
HDmaps.com
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:42:06 PM »

Put a set of Rineharts on the seeg, and took it to Gails HD in KC to get it dyno tuned.    ( I have the race tuner). It ran better, but still had a lot of popping on decel. Also the map that they loaded there was for a seeg with vance and hines true duals. One problem was the A/F ratio was about 14.1:1 and I thought that was a bit lean for this bike, the tech said that it was fine. The other problem was that the map was not on my laptop so I could not access it to make changes. The tech said that he could send me the map, but after 2 weeks I still don't have it.
 So I went to HDmaps.com and found that they have a map for my exact setup, ( 2005 seeg, SE air cleaner and Rinehart true duals). So I paid my 50 bucks and downloaded it. I installed it on my bike last night and gave it a trial run down to Bikers Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville, AR, today. The  bike ran great and didn't backfire on decel even once. I'd like to get it back on a dyno to see what the numbers look like.
Best 50 bucks I've spent in a long time. Has any one else given these guys a try?  
MObe

reg26

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: HDmaps.com
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 06:57:10 AM »

Cool website. I was suprised at how many maps ther were for 06 bikes that had put on after market pipes that dont have a catylist.......Thats encouraging !
09 FLHX built by Rosas Cycle
06 FJR just for grins

syclone

• Full CVO Member
  • IF YA CANT AFFORD TO BREAK IT-- DONT RIDE IT
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 07:18:44 AM »

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 07:21:11 AM by syclone »
Just my opinon......I could be wrong

'05 SEEG  114"  all bore motor

04 night train 95" 10.5:1 KBs,ported and decked heads, tw55g cams,rollers,3.37,44cv
01 Dyna,95" ported SE heads,wood t

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 08:28:18 AM »

I purchased the same map from HDmaps.com and have ran it for a year. The bike runs great. The guy that has the web site goes around and trains dealers on the race tuner and saves and then sales the maps he develops at the dealership with all the different bikes and accessories. [smiley=bigok.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 11:23:14 PM »

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 11:25:10 PM by mobe »
MObe

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 04:11:03 PM »

First time I have seen an exact mach on my combo... Bookmarled his site in case the Thundermax ECM doesn't work out...

Would be interesting to see how "close" his maps are...

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 11:58:02 PM »

When you downloaded the map did it automatically go into the race tuner map files? When I downloaded my maps I had to unzip them and then they automatically went into the RT files. Both loaded fine w/o problems. Give them a call Monday, they will make it right.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 12:47:26 PM by mobe »
MObe

bubbarosa

• If it don't work the 1st time, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 04:15:56 AM »

Ok after a problem with the file I downloaded and all it did was crash my race tuner program, I sent an email off to HDMaps and within 12hr they had gotten back to me and sent an e-mail with a file that did work.   Thank you very much for the quick response.  I have been "burned" a couple times on the net and jumped the gun on this one I guess.  New file they sent me loads up just fine.

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 09:46:11 PM »

I wouldn't use them.  I know people who have and been very unhappy.  Just my 2 cents.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 05:03:02 PM »

I wouldn't use them.
MObe

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 08:53:35 PM »

FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

semidio

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 10:01:26 PM »

Lots of holes in the maps??? Shortcutted??? Hmmmm I don't remember doing that. If you want to spread conjecture as fact then you should back it up. E-mail me the names of these people with shortcutted, hole maps and I will certainly make sure I remove the holes and eliminate any shortcuts.

HDmaps.com (MMG Management) stands by each and every map we have ever made. We have sold thousands of maps with great success. The industry looks toward us for advice and support in correlation with their fuel injection needs. I (MMG) certainly have, by far more experience with the H-D Race Tuner in connection with real world applications than anyone else. Our customers and our clients all know that our best interest is their best interest.
Lastly for the record I have never made a map with a hole or containing any shortcuts ever. Cross my heart etc....

Matt Gross, President MMG Management.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 10:17:19 PM »

Even though I haven't used one of the maps from HDmaps.com my tuner was familiar with Matt Gross and spoke highly of him. If it weren't for the fact that I felt comfortable with my tuners ability in tuning my setup by himself I would have purchased one of them from HDMaps.com. I sent several emails concerning what would be the correct map for my application and got immediate responses from all my questions. I would suggest if anyone has questions or concerns use the "contact" information on the website and your questions/concerns will be answered.

I do have the SE Race Tuner installed on my bike (because of recommendation from my tuner) and have had it dyno tuned and am happy with the results. From what I've learned from dyno numbers they can be different on each dyno machine. There are a lot of variables that come into play.

1. Engine Temperature
2. Outside Ambient Air Temperature
3. Elevation (higher elevation, thinner air)
4. Dyno Machine (there are different manufactures)
6. Water/Weight In Dyno Barrel

So unless you are comparing different bikes on same dyno at same time, don't be alarmed/concerned if someone has higher/lower numbers then you. The best judge is "seat of the pants" performance. If your bike has been dyno tuned (air/fuel mixtures are correct across the RPM range), and is running good for you then it has been "tuned".

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
[smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SEGeaserGlide06

• Junior CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE

• CVO1: 2006 FLTHCUSE Black Emerald and Majestic Green
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 06:12:05 PM »

Good to see someone stand behind his product!  Good for HDMaps.  They will surely be on my list for maps in the future. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.