Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Garage Door Receiver Problem  (Read 13631 times)

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Garage Door Receiver Problem
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:47:55 PM »

I was out in the garage tonight thinking of things to do when I came across the garage door opener receiver and wire.  I followed the manual and programed the receiver and when I hit the hi/lo beam the red light on the receiver flashed and clicked. Nothing happened to the garage door.  I added the (supplied) red and black wire to the receiver and wired it into the garage door opener.  Flashed the lights and nothing happened.  I moved the receiver to another plug and it still flashed and clicked but no movement on the garage door.  I moved the red and black wire to the wall mounted push button for the opener and still nothing there either.  After spending 2 hours on this I decided to call it a night and poll you guys.  One thing I was wondering is if the two prongs in the receiver (with the white connector) were not making a connection to the red and black wire. I am sure this is a simple fix that I can't think of.

The garage door opener is a LIFT MASTER FORMULA 1 if this means anything.  I do know that it has a rolling code and if I were to program another door opener I have to push a red button and then hit the button on the remote to sync it.  Maybe this is needs to be done with the H-D receiver?

Thanks in advance,

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

Re: Garage Door Receiver Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:32:45 PM »

WOW I know the weather is getting nice but I was hoping for some input.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:29:49 AM »

It should have nothing to do with programming it to your garage door opener.  The setup basically boils down to you remotely pushing the button inside your garage, which doesn't need programmed.  Did you program the high/low switch to the Harley remote unit on the wall?  I followed the instructions step by step and it worked for me the first time.  If I remember correctly, you have to hold in the button on the wall unit while toggling the light switch.  I had someone else hold the button in while I did the bike switch.

eagle.b

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 09:49:20 AM »

Is it just the remote that's not working ?? Does it work with the hardwired opener??

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

It should have nothing to do with programming it to your garage door opener.  The setup basically boils down to you remotely pushing the button inside your garage, which doesn't need programmed.  Did you program the high/low switch to the Harley remote unit on the wall?  I followed the instructions step by step and it worked for me the first time.  If I remember correctly, you have to hold in the button on the wall unit while toggling the light switch.  I had someone else hold the button in while I did the bike switch.

I was not sure if it did or not so I threw it out there. I believe that the H-D receiver is programed.  When I hit the hi/lo switch the receiver does one flash and I hear it click. but nothing happens to the garage door. 

Did you have to use the red and black wire that plugs into the H-D receiver and then into the opener or wall switch?

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:51:42 PM »

Is it just the remote that's not working ?? Does it work with the hardwired opener??

I would have to say it is either in the H-D wire from the H-D receiver to the garage door opener.  I have tried to hard wire it to the wall switch as well as the opener.  The H-D receiver has a constant red light on and when I toggle the hi/lo it flashes once and makes a click noise but the garage door does not open. I am not sure if i have a broken wire in the red/black hard wire or what.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »

Stopped by the dealership today and they did not have any input on how to trouble shoot the problem.  One of my buddies there ran off the install guide for me so I plan to check it out and see if there is a step I did not do.

When your receiver acknowledges the signal how may times does it flash?

I also noticed that one of the prongs on the back side of the receiver is shorter than the other.  Anyone else notice this?

Also I have heard that is I hook this up, the other gargae door openers might not work?  Any truth to this?

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 03:40:44 PM »

Also I have heard that is I hook this up, the other gargae door openers might not work?  Any truth to this?

My car visor mounted opener switch that came with the door opener still works with the Harley opener on the bike. 

You have to synch these exactly step by step or they will not work.   I just rec'd my 2nd HD receiver for my wife's bike so will see if everything still works when done.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:42:17 PM by Boatman »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 03:43:19 PM »

Stopped by the dealership today and they did not have any input on how to trouble shoot the problem.  One of my buddies there ran off the install guide for me so I plan to check it out and see if there is a step I did not do.

When your receiver acknowledges the signal how may times does it flash?

I also noticed that one of the prongs on the back side of the receiver is shorter than the other.  Anyone else notice this?

I can't see any reason for it not to work with any particular brand of garage door opener.  All this system is doing is sending an electronic pulse to the garage door opener button on your wall which converts it to being the same as you pushing the button on the wall.  As long as the button on your wall works, this unit should work for you.  The remote part of it is only between your bike and the HD unit itself.  From there, it's just wired direct to your button and acts just as though you pushed the button.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »

Yeah this is turning out to be a head ache.  I got the instructions from the H-D dealer and followed them but still a no go.  I noticed that the RED LED light stays on solid until I hit the hi/lo switch and it interrupts for one flash and a click.  The instructions say that the red led should flash once.  So I am wondering if the led should be constant or not. I did the rest as described in the instructions. I reprogrammed the receiver and still the same thing with the led and nothing on the garage door opening.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »

No, the red light should not stay lit. You have to wire the HD Receiver to your opener. If you wonder whether or not you have the wires going to the correct terminal disconect them from the Receiver and touch them together - that should open the door.

You depress the button on the front of the Receiver and flip your light switch up and down. The light on the Receiver will blink, let go of the button on the receiver and that is supposed to mean you're good to go.

I have to reprogram my sending unit (in the fairing) regularly by repeating the syncing steps.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 09:21:58 PM »

HMMMMM.   I am glad that the red light is to stay on at all times.  I have reset the receiver and then reprogrammed it to the bike.  At this time it is wired to the wall switch and I still can't get the darn thing to work.  I am starting to think I am loosing it.  This is something so simple yet can't seem to get it right.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »

Since this is only a 5 minute procedure, take it apart and start over.  Unplug your garage door opener.  Connect the positive wire on the receiver to the positive terminal on your garage button.  Connect the negative wire on the receiver to the negative terminal on the garage button.  Make sure the antenna from the receiver is hanging down.  Plug your garage door opener back in.  Get someone to hold the button in on the receiver while you toggle the hi/lo beam switch to program.  Try it to see if it works.  If I recall correctly, that is all there is to it.

I don't suppose there is any chance you have changed the wiring on your headlamps at all.  Perhaps you changed it to keep the passing lamps on with the high beams or something like that.  Changes to your headlamp wiring could affect this, but otherwise this should be a quick easy setup.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »

Since this is only a 5 minute procedure, take it apart and start over.  Unplug your garage door opener.  Connect the positive wire on the receiver to the positive terminal on your garage button.  Connect the negative wire on the receiver to the negative terminal on the garage button.  Make sure the antenna from the receiver is hanging down.  Plug your garage door opener back in.  Get someone to hold the button in on the receiver while you toggle the hi/lo beam switch to program.  Try it to see if it works.  If I recall correctly, that is all there is to it.

I don't suppose there is any chance you have changed the wiring on your headlamps at all.  Perhaps you changed it to keep the passing lamps on with the high beams or something like that.  Changes to your headlamp wiring could affect this, but otherwise this should be a quick easy setup.

No changes made to passing lamps.  The only thing I did not do it the set up is unplug the garage door opener.  I will give that a try and see if it works.

Topper

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »

No changes made to passing lamps.  The only thing I did not do it the set up is unplug the garage door opener.  I will give that a try and see if it works.

Topper

I think that's just so you don't electrocute yourself when you are wiring to the button.  I don't think it matters as far as setting it up to work properly.

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:56:54 PM »

At this time it is wired to the wall switch and I still can't get the darn thing to work. 

I think this is your problem, the reciever has to be wired directly to the opener, not the wall switch. (doesn't it?)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:07:45 PM by Bungy »
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 12:41:32 AM »

I think this is your problem, the reciever has to be wired directly to the opener, not the wall switch. (doesn't it?)

Direct to the button on the wall.  Easiest thing I think I ever did involving a Harley.  Also, one of the only things I ever got right the first time around.  At some point, you've got to wonder whether that receiver might be bad.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »

Direct to the button on the wall.  Easiest thing I think I ever did involving a Harley.  Also, one of the only things I ever got right the first time around.  At some point, you've got to wonder whether that receiver might be bad.
Yeah I have wondered about that but it will flash once and I hear a click on the receiver when I hit the hi/low switch. I am begining to wonder if it isn't in the H-D wire from the receiver to the garage door.  I also noticed that one to the prongs on the receiver it shorter than the other.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 08:38:47 AM »

Distructions state to use either.  Thanks though

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 10:06:24 AM »

My opener stopped working. I had to replace the unit under the fairing.
Bill

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »

I took my bike in to have the GPS module replaced and brought it home today.  Guess what.  Now my garage door opener doesn't work either.  I have to get someone here to hold the button on the receiver since mine is plugged in behind some shelves and too close to the garage door.  If I try to do it myself, I'll end up with the door coming down on me and the bike.  Now I hope I can get mine working again.  I don't understand why it stopped working this time.  They've replaced that GPS module enough other times already, and it never caused this before.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »

I wonder if it had something to do with disconnecting the battery?  Either that or they bumped the wires inside.  I hope you get it to work out.

Topper

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »

I've wondered about this but the receiver acknowledges the signal.

DUDE

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3 Annie # 1420
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 02:57:10 PM »

I've wondered about this but the receiver acknowledges the signal.
It appears that the problem is not with the sending unit on the bike or the receiving portion of the HD wall unit as you have stated that the LED on the receiver flashes and you hear a click.

I would have to agree that it is either the wire between the HD wall unit and the push button on the wall or the relay in the HD wall unit is not working even though you hear it click.

If you have an ohm meter (you can get a cheap one from Radio Shack for $10 on sale) you can figure it out pretty quick.  First disconnect the wires from the wall push button and the HD wall unit. Connect the ohm meter (using the lowest setting)to the terminals of the HD wall unit and flash your high beams. When you hear the unit click you should see the ohm meter needle jump or move toward  zero momentarily. That indicates the relay is closing and opening as if you had pushed and released a switch. If the needle doesn't move it's a good bet the relay is bad and you need to replace the HD wall unit.

Next, connect the HD wire to the HD wall unit and connect the ohm meter to the other end of the wire. Flash the high beams again. If the needle moved on the first test but does not move this time then the wire is bad.  If the needle does move, your problem may be how you connected the wires to the  push button on the wall.  They should be connected to the same terminals as the wire that goes to the opener. 

When I installed mine, I plugged the HD unit into the outlet in the ceiling that the opener is plugged into and ran the wire to the opener instead of the wall button. You might give this a try if the testing shows every thing is OK and it still doesn't work wired to the push button.

I hope this helps.

Stan

PS  You can jury rig a flashlight bulb and battery to use in place of a meter.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY AND HELP ME TROUBLE SHOOT THIS.

Topper

Stan I'll run to the "SHACK" this weekend and see if I can't get one of those meters.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY AND HELP ME TROUBLE SHOOT THIS.

Topper

Stan I'll run to the "SHACK" this weekend and see if I can't get one of those meters.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!

Are you absolutely positive that you are running + to + and - to - ?  It sounds like you are getting the response at the receiver and it's not transfering to the button properly.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »

So I have to assume from that statement that there is a transmitter inside the fairing.  Is this unit something that may have been disconnected when the shop replaced my GPS module or is there something else that they could have done to cause it to stop working?  It worked to close my garage door when I took the bike to the shop and when I brought it home, it no longer worked.  I cannot get it to start working again.  I tried unplugging the wall unit and plugging it back in.  Since it worked perfectly everytime prior to this, I have to assume that it's not something that I did, and that the shop had to have done something to cause this.  Is it something that they would have unplugged and forgot to plug back in possibly?

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 10:57:35 AM »

So I have to assume from that statement that there is a transmitter inside the fairing.  Is this unit something that may have been disconnected when the shop replaced my GPS module or is there something else that they could have done to cause it to stop working?  It worked to close my garage door when I took the bike to the shop and when I brought it home, it no longer worked.  I cannot get it to start working again.  I tried unplugging the wall unit and plugging it back in.  Since it worked perfectly everytime prior to this, I have to assume that it's not something that I did, and that the shop had to have done something to cause this.  Is it something that they would have unplugged and forgot to plug back in possibly?

That very well may be the problem. I had my fairing off last fall & somehow managed to unhook the transmitter when reinstalling it. I was forced to take it to the dealer & they charged me 80 bucks labour to plug it in. The tech told me that's what I got for doing my own work!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 10:39:25 PM »

Are you absolutely positive that you are running + to + and - to - ?  It sounds like you are getting the response at the receiver and it's not transfering to the button properly.

Yes but I am going to check this again.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »

Yes but I am going to check this again.

Just so you know, I am now officially blaming this thread for my garage door opener ceasing to function.  I really hope that they find that they just pulled a wire off accidentally inside the fairing.  I miss having that feature already.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »

IF YOU NEED TO RESET YOUR UNIT:

You can reset the receiver unit by unplugging it for 10 seconds and when you plug it back in you need to be holding down the set button (on the receiver).  It will flash rapidly and then let go of the button.  This will reset the unit to the factory setting.  Then you will have to pair the unit to your bike by pressing the set button on the receiver and toggling  your hi/lo switch on your bike.

Hope this helps

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 10:47:48 PM »

Just so you know, I am now officially blaming this thread for my garage door opener ceasing to function.  I really hope that they find that they just pulled a wire off accidentally inside the fairing.  I miss having that feature already.

Sorry for starting it... :-X but I want to use this function and can't seem to get it started. I hope we can work it out for you and me.

Topper

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »

IF YOU NEED TO RESET YOUR UNIT:

You can reset the receiver unit by unplugging it for 10 seconds and when you plug it back in you need to be holding down the set button (on the receiver).  It will flash rapidly and then let go of the button.  This will reset the unit to the factory setting.  Then you will have to pair the unit to your bike by pressing the set button on the receiver and toggling  your hi/lo switch on your bike.

Hope this helps

I'll give that a try, but it won't help if they disconnected it.  Maybe they just wiped out what was in there, and I need to reset the wall unit.  I'll try tomorrow when I can find someone to hold the button while I flip the light switch.  Thanks.  I hope we both get it to work also.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• Re/Max
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 07:56:48 AM »

I replaced the mod under the fairing and my opener worked for two months. It stopped last night. Has anyone else had to replace their mod more then once?
Bill

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »

49445, did you run a wire straight across the two terminals on your garage door opener to see if it would open the door?

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• Re/Max
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »

I'm not sure what you are telling me to do. The door works both with the wall switch and also the remote in the truck
Bill

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »

The two wires coming off the Harley receiver just connect one to the other inside the receiver.

Process of elimination:

Is the receiver receiving?  (Check with light and sound)  If so,

Are the wires connecting inside the receiver?  (Check with Ohm meter)  If so,

Are you connecting the wires to the correct lugs on the opener?  (This is the step I am suggesting you check.  Just touch them together with a screwdriver or if necessary jump briefly with a wire.  The opener should function.)  IF NOT, find the two lugs that will cause the opener to start by touching them together briefly.  It'll spark.

There's nothing more that could be wrong.  It's one of the above.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• Re/Max
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 10:02:53 AM »

I'll do the check when I get home.  Thanks
Bill

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »

Any time -- don't mention it.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »

49445, did you run a wire straight across the two terminals on your garage door opener to see if it would open the door?

No I did not try that.  I kinda put it asside because I could not figure it out.  I am open for suggestions.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »

I also have 3 terminals not two. Not sure if that makes a difference.

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »

I also have 3 terminals not two. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Just play until you find the correct two.  One of the three is ground, the other is the switch, and the third is for an optional low voltage (LED) light to indicate garage door open (at least that's the case with mine).

Once you hit the correct two you'll know.  Don't be scared...........  :nervous:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:45:29 AM by PR3VS56 »

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »

Just play until you find the correct two.  One of the three is ground, the other is the switch, and the third is for an optional low voltage (LED) light to indicate garage door open (at least that's the case with mine).

OK...  I thought one of them were for the electric eye to interrupt the door from closing on something or someone

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 10:50:34 AM »

OK...  I thought one of them were for the electric eye to interrupt the door from closing on something or someone

Could be that too.  I have 6-7 lugs on mine.  Download an owners manual off the internet, that'll tell you exactly what each lug is for.  Just google the name & model of your opener + owners manual download. 

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »

I replaced the mod under the fairing and my opener worked for two months. It stopped last night. Has anyone else had to replace their mod more then once?

Mine has been working fine, and then yesterday, when I went to leave, the door wouldn't close.  I walked in, held the button on the receiver on the wall for a few seconds, went back to the bike, and it worked fine again.  I remembered that my power had gone out the night before.  Whenever this happens, simply holding the button on the receiver for a few seconds reestablishes your connection.  Just a thought.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 10:56:12 AM »

Try the above before you start playing with wires.  If it was working, it's a very simplistic system and this could be your under 30 second fix.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 10:56:37 AM »

Could be that too.  I have 6-7 lugs on mine.  Download an owners manual off the internet, that'll tell you exactly what each lug is for.  Just google the name & model of your opener + owners manual download. 

Sounds like a good idea.  I will try that.  Thanks

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »

Sounds like a good idea.  I will try that.  Thanks

If you unplugged the receiver from the wall, same simple solution.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• Re/Max
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »

I unpluged the unit from the wall and then pluged it back in after a minute and the opener worked. I also lost power to the house last week. It must need a re boot like my computer.
Bill

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »

I unpluged the unit from the wall and then pluged it back in after a minute and the opener worked. I also lost power to the house last week. It must need a re boot like my computer.

Cool, sounds like you are fixed then.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »

Good morning

I've read this whole thread , I have wired to the wall unit, I have wired to the opener direct, I have reset the receiver.

Here is what happens : I push the high/low beam up/down and the door opens (once) and will not close. I reset and I can close the door (once) and it will not open.

After the first time of working, the light flashes and the receiver clicks but nothing happens.

I can't believe it works once but not again after the first time.

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• Re/Max
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 02:05:07 PM »

Take the opener from your car and put it in your pocket. They always work.
Bill

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »

Take the opener from your car and put it in your pocket. They always work.
They don't fit in your 'skinny jeans'.  ??? har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »

I have read this whole thread and just have to ask a question that I'm sure many can answer...

Can you use 1 receiver for different bikes that are equipped with the remote opener?

When I purchased my '05 SEEG I programed it and it worked great for years.  Then I purchased my '08 SEUC and naturally wanted to use the feature with this bike as well, but didn't want the extra receiver taking up another plug so just used the original receiver.  Once I programed the '08 it has continued to work fine.

However, now the SEEG won't operated the garage door.  I can't say for certain that it stopped working straight away after programming the SEUC because I was putting the miles on the new bike for awhile.  But the next time out on the '05 it wasn't working.

I had the dealer check it out, but they could see a problem with it.  I'm beginning to wonder if a wire has been unplug somewhere as previously discussed in this thread???

Can anyone post a picture of the unit inside the fairing so I can check for myself?

I see no other reason why both bikes do not operate the door and just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Thanks in advance for your input.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »

I have read this whole thread and just have to ask a question that I'm sure many can answer...

Can you use 1 receiver for different bikes that are equipped with the remote opener?

When I purchased my '05 SEEG I programed it and it worked great for years.  Then I purchased my '08 SEUC and naturally wanted to use the feature with this bike as well, but didn't want the extra receiver taking up another plug so just used the original receiver.  Once I programed the '08 it has continued to work fine.

However, now the SEEG won't operated the garage door.  I can't say for certain that it stopped working straight away after programming the SEUC because I was putting the miles on the new bike for awhile.  But the next time out on the '05 it wasn't working.

I had the dealer check it out, but they could see a problem with it.  I'm beginning to wonder if a wire has been unplug somewhere as previously discussed in this thread???

Can anyone post a picture of the unit inside the fairing so I can check for myself?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J02028.pdf
I see no other reason why both bikes do not operate the door and just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Check this out http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J02028.pdf
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »

The 09, 05 and 01 all work from the same receiver.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »

I couldn't find the citation but remember reading somewhere that the GFO receiver will remember up to seven remote transmitters.  I know two different receivers here work regularly with three remote transmitters.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »

I couldn't find the citation but remember reading somewhere that the GFO receiver will remember up to seven remote transmitters.  I know two different receivers here work regularly with three remote transmitters.

Let's see?  ::)    ::)    ::)
1 receiver works up to 7 remotes and you have 2 receivers so that's up to 14 bikes that can be operated.
Where you gonna put those other 11 bikes?
Inquiring minds want to know?

:nixweiss:      :nixweiss:      :nixweiss:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2010, 10:41:06 PM »

Let's see?  ::)    ::)    ::)
1 receiver works up to 7 remotes and you have 2 receivers so that's up to 14 bikes that can be operated.
Where you gonna put those other 11 bikes?
Inquiring minds want to know?

:nixweiss:      :nixweiss:      :nixweiss:

SBB

I wish.  Receiver on the garage at the house and another on one of the doors at the shop.  If I got 14 bikes I'd have to get two more receivers.  And we all know four receivers is just more than anyone can make an excuse for....  8)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:46 PM »

Thanks for the info guys.  :2vrolijk_21:

You've confirmed my suspicions so now I'll start looking for a loose wire.  ???
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 21 queries.