Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Decision: '05 SEEG or '06 Ultra SEEG  (Read 15105 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Decision: '05 SEEG or '06 Ultra SEEG
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 10:58:44 PM »

Jeff, you may want to contact "erniezap" from the site here.  He lives in CA and bought a candy red '05 from another member back in July.  It's detailed in this thread: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1122259259

You'll see the 7,500 mile stipulation was discussed there.  Not sure what his work-around was, but I'm sure he'll fill you in.

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 11:03:36 PM »

Thanks.  I"ll definitely check it out.
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 11:25:07 PM »

Jeff;
The bike must have at least 7500 miles to register it in CA. Ernie got lucky and due toi a DMV screwup, they sent him his plates. He'll be around to fill in the details. The best bet may be to register it out of state until you get the miles on and then transfer it over. That's what many people I know did to get around it. I have a brother in Indy and a friend of mine used his address (with his permission) to register a bike. he purchased off Ebay. After he had the miles he changed it over and it all worked out.

Where in the Bay area are you?

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 04:57:17 AM »

HD, I'm in Fremont.  Whereabouts are you?

Jeff
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 10:19:53 AM »

HD, I'm in Fremont.  Whereabouts are you?

Jeff

Just a stones throw away in San Leandro. Livermoor HD has a 04 Orange SEEG on the floor. The orange would be my second choice for the SEEG. (Although a distant second)

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 11:31:45 AM »

I've got an e-mail into Ernie, so hopefully he can fill me in a bit.  Also have relatives in other states  :)

HD-Dude, may just take a ride out to see the '04 in Livermore today.  Haven't seen the orange in person yet.  

Jeff
Jeff
Fremont, CA

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 11:48:56 AM »

I've got an e-mail into Ernie, so hopefully he can fill me in a bit.  Also have relatives in other states  :)

HD-Dude, may just take a ride out to see the '04 in Livermore today.  Haven't seen the orange in person yet.  

Jeff

Don't forget Jeff, red bikes are faster  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 12:16:26 PM »

Thanks Tony and Jeff;

I've been looking at Cycle Trader for some time, and unfortunately nothing in CA

Tony, I'm not sure if the 7500 mile California thing applies to used bikes or not.  I know it does to new ones.   I've been down to SJ Harley recently, in fact that's where we got my wife's FXDLI recently.  Didn't see any SEEG's there.  Thanks for checking the locater.

If anyone knows whether one can bring a used bike into CA from out of state and register it before 7500 miles, please let me know.

Jeff
Hi Jeff, no you can't bring a used or new bike into the state unless it has 7500 miles on it. Its a pain to deal with...good luck

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 12:19:23 PM »

Jeff, go with the one you REALLY want...a red one will turn up, or you can register one out of state as others have done..good luck
Tony
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:21:24 PM by tonys »

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 12:34:38 PM »

Welcome aboard Jeff. Tony has pretty much hit it, and he does it for a living as I recall. You can bring one in with less than 7500 miles, IF it's a CA certified vehicle and you might be able to get around paying double on the taxes that way. They credit you the taxes you paid out of state, if they're in a good mood. Otherwise you must have a speedo reading of at 7500 miles, or owned it out of state, etc.
A while back San Jose H-D had a  [smiley=banana.gif] 2005 they could not move, but not certain if it's still there. There are some popping up on ebay and the trader, etc. so best of luck. We're neighboors, live in Fremont as well.
Joe
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 07:13:19 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 01:56:10 PM »

Thanks Tony and Joe.

I'll find a way to deal with the registration issue, if I'm able to get the out of state bike.  Heard from Ernie, and how he's handling it, so that was a help as well.

Met a whole bunch a great people on this board in my first 24 hours here.

Jeff

Jeff
Fremont, CA

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 06:13:33 PM »

Hey Jeff,
I also am a new member. I have been reading the site for several weeks and wish to say thanks to everyone. You have been a tremendous help in my decisions. I am not a long time Harley rider, having taken delivery on my 06 Autumn Haze two weeks ago. It has been about 27 years since I have riden. So, I guess I really qualify as a newbie.

I am still very excited about the bike and sometimes still can't believe I took the plunge. I have however, made some changes. You see, I am 6'6'' and wear a size 15 boot. The windshield and rear shifter were changed before it left the dealer. I have since gone to extended footboards and foot controls.  This week will add a different exhaust and the HID headlight. I am still in the breakin period, so I am anxious to see what she will do in the future (performance wise).

I think you have received great advice from the veterens of this forum. We are all a little different in our wants and needs. The decision is yours and I know you will do well with either choice. I will share with you that I was amazed the morning of picking up the Autumn Haze. Folks were swarming the bike like bees on honey. I had countless congrats on my purchase. I have yet to fuel up without people coming over to admire the motocycle.

I suppose my point in this is that it is an impressive bike, one that I am proud to be riding...I hope I do her justice. Thanks again to all the vets of the site, you have helped much!!!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »

BigManKen, welcome to the site!  Hope you enjoy it and congrats on the beautiful bike.  I know you're gonna be careful since you haven't ridden in so many years.  The biggest change and adjustment you'll have to make is dealing with the increased traffic.  It is really different riding now than 'back when'.  Ride safe and enjoy the Screamin' Eagle!  Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 08:16:40 PM »

Thanks Spyder...as I said, yours and the other posts have been a great help. Amen to the increased traffic. I just took her for a short ride down the highway and thought the guy in the pickup behind me was going to try to put me in the bed of his truck. Ya' gotta love 'em.

I will share with you guys that one of the first things I did when I decided to return to riding was to take HD's Riders Edge. I was very glad I did. This course has a little for everyone. Even you vet's may be reminded of some good stuff. Definitely, if you are new to riding or getting back into it like me...well, I promise it was worth the time and dough.

Good and safe riding to all!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2005, 02:05:26 PM »

Jeff, I know that I answered this privately but I'll answer on the board as well for everyone's benefit.  I decid3ed to try CA DMV before bringing the bike to Nevada.  They did the inspection, marked the form as a 49 state bike, then gave me plates.  I guess that they screwed up but I'm not complaining.  About 2 months later I received a letter from CA DMV stating that I should not have the plates and that I have to bring the bike to DMV.  Since I have over 6K miles on it already, I'm waiting to reach 7500 before doing so.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.