Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Dyno run results with the "110 Race Kit"  (Read 11582 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dyno run results with the "110 Race Kit"
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »

Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that Harley has paid fraudulent claims submitted by less than honest dealership personnel.  I think I mentioned that early on in the thread, that the only way it would be covered was directly by the dealer or by submitting a fraudulent claim.  If you are happy with that method, then like I said, it's no skin off my nose.  However, I also think we need to make sure any readers of this thread don't get the wrong impression from your posts and run right out to buy up all that crossed flags stuff from the catalog thinking it won't affect their warranty just because some guy on the web site claims his dealer said it would be covered.  There are plenty of dealership personnel who won't file fraudulent claims, and there have been plenty of cases recently where H-D wouldn't approve warranty repairs until after their rep inspected the bike.  So going the bogus claim route is not a sure thing, even if the dishonesty doesn't bother you.

As for dealing with reality, it hasn't changed.  The official new vehicle warranty from H-D does NOT cover non street legal modifications.  Having to rely on finding a crooked dealership to submit a claim and hope it slides past the MoCo is not the same thing as a valid warranty.

Jerry
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:59:38 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »

Very well put!
My 07 had the motor out and fixed before I even test rode the bike. I am the warranty agent for my motor if anything occurs but it started as a 96" and is now a reliable 120/120 107"
I just choose to ignore the dealer network for the motor. I have had my bike tied up "in the que" for work one too many times and been BSd too much during riding season.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:09 PM »

:cherry:

Here's hoping problems do not arise that puts this whole discussion to the acid test.  The Screamin' Eagle booklet that I've been reviewing and contains the various kits and elements I have purchased....says some of those parts (may) alter your warranty.

I do not consider my dealership (fraudulent) nor underhanded, etc.   I got a two year warranty and extended it with a third year via the extended warranty offering.  At no time, was I advised that my "race kit" nor any other parts would void my warranty.

We are about to install T-Man 625 cams in mine to resolve the low-end torque (lack of) that I now have with the SE cams that came in the kit.  I have been advised there (could be ) warranty issues if I were to have an engine problem somewhere out of state........I'll deal with that if it happens.

Stay tuned for my new dyno numbers which I will post when the new install is over.........hopefully better numbers in the 2500-3000 rpm range.

Scoot. ;)

maddog110

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 10:23:17 AM »

Most good tuners will tell you the stock 255 cam IS one of the best torque cams out there, on a basically stock bike. they are hard to beat at 2500-3000, if your just looking for low end grunt.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »

Most good tuners will tell you the stock 255 cam IS one of the best torque cams out there, on a basically stock bike. they are hard to beat at 2500-3000, if your just looking for low end grunt.

Moscooter is referring to the lack of low end torque from the SE260 cam that came with his 110 Race kit.  There's no question that the SE255 delivers plenty of low end grunt. The problem is that the narrow cam timing that generates all that torque is also responsible for elevated operating temperatures, which cannot be sufficiently mitigated through tuning changes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:49:54 PM by hdfr120 »
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »

:P
OK,  finally they got done with my latest tune on the dyno and after installation of T-Man 625 cams.  Now I have a lot more torque on the low-end and that makes me much happier.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »

I realize you have been through a lot of expense and aggravation. For other guys considering upgrades. You can get there, still retain a fat low end torque curve and decent power by just having the heads mildly reworked (which fixes bad guides and oil consumption by the bad seals) and stock TB, good pipe and tune. The factory heads are a high flow (rpm) piece that are geared toward power where most don't ride. The SE255 is the other end of extreme. In this case it took a short high lift cam to shunt the heads and the low end torque is a little late to come on still. BTW that is a great cam when matched to the parts.
With a good tune it will not ping on you assuming it is at 10.5/1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.