Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 04 SE Deuce Winter Build(maybe)  (Read 1354 times)

Harleyrider_49

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2
04 SE Deuce Winter Build(maybe)
« on: November 01, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »

Hey ever'body, joined this forum a little while back,all seem vey knowledgeable , anyway, want'n to do a winter build on the 95" motor this winter.....am think'n of Kuryakyn Wild things cams,TC46G, lift- .625Int./.575Exh with duration of .260 Int/ .252Exh, along w/10.5-1 flattop pistons,S&S gear dr.,CompCams springs,SEcam plate,SE throttlebody,timken bear., and all the stuff that goes along w/all that, will do a Mastertune tuner,for sure,would like to stroke the motor to 103"w/SE crank & rod's, have the crank gone over by Darkhorse Crankworks.   Have the 95" heads for the factory build had anything done to them? All SE Heads seem to have an SE Stamp, but the factory 95" have no idication that they are SE in nature, also , have Samson Street Sweeper pipes now, but Kury says I'll have to change my exhaust. Know this is a long post, but really trust everyones knowledge here. One local engine builder here says I should see upwards of 130 rear wheel HP. thanks for the time, but would like to get some input before I spend the $$ 

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: 04 SE Deuce Winter Build(maybe)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

The SE 95" has OEM heads. They can be ported to work well

OK I see several watch items in your plan fom my perspective

Comments
If doing 103" consider 107" which can be had with stock cylinders for a very reasonable cost

The cam is a high flier and even in a 107" will be softer down low and take a lot of downshifting unless you change the gearing which will buzz at freeway speeds. 130 hp, if obtained, will be in the high 6K rpm range. You will need 11.2/1 @ to compliment the cam and reach the goal.

The heads will need to be specially prepared to work right with those cams and the work will be extensive to reach your target

You will need a better pipe

I would not bother with the SE TB and use theirs Kuryakyn or HPInc

The tune will need to be done on a dyno to reach the goal.

I have done several well developed 103"and 107" motors that had a lot shorter cam and have made 120/120 with reasonable compression. In a street race these would eat higher hp builds just by virtue of the higher mass torque from 2k-4k, plus they would work better at low rpm without downshifting all the time to keep the Rs up. Much more fun to ride.

Harleyrider_49

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »

Thank's Deweysheads for the info, nothing chiseled in stone yet, not really interested in drag'n this bike, but would like to have more torque & HP, yet be streetable. Mainly want to run w/the 110's, (can run w/some stockers now, until 5th & 6th gear!) want a lot of power on the highway stretch, yet want to come alive @ 2000 rpm &on though the gears, motor is HD CVO stock now,except for the pipes. Also see the logic in what your saying,bike did a "fake" 1/4 mi on Teresi Dyno Drag's / 11.2@117MPH (not sure of the accuracy of that)92HP w/90 lbs. torque.  I'm also look'n @ the Woods Cams lineup as well,don't want to put 10K in this thing, but would like to punch it up a bunch! 

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »

I can hook you up with a great builder and tuner if need be.
If it were mine I would do a Street Port on 06up heads, Woods TW8-6, 07up roller chain conversion and better oil pump, 107" forged flatops (Axtell, I rep them), Stock TB, FatCat or Cycle Shack slip-ons on the stock headpipes, good tune and you will be eating the best of the 110s out there. The same work can be done to your heads it just costs a little more because the exhaust port requires so much work. This is not high drama or expensive and will come on strong soon, rev fast and run cool. Look at dynos on my website for examples.
Contact me for more info
Thanks
Don

Harleyrider_49

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:31:31 PM »

Hey Don,  thanks again for the reply, uh...Brother/law has a set of 07 heads from an Ultra that he took to 113, will these work? also, you'd do the roller conversion rather than gear driven cams? The gear drives seem pretty expensive to set up,but seems like they'd be reliable over a chain. Also, would'nt I have to change the jug's if using the 107 pistons? would still have to have the 103 flywheel assembly ,right? Again , just asking and not sure when I could do this, but would like to get done over the cold months,just try'n to see the process and the $ cost. what part of the country is your builder in? (I'm in So. Indiana) There's also a good tuner close here, little high on his dyno, I think, but they say he's the best around these parts /John Wadsworth @ Fly'n W. He's also the local Mastertune Dealer /Rep. Thanks again for your input, and will stay in contact for sure

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 11:16:28 PM »

You have a good tuner with John W
I would have John build and tune it, he can get it all done. I would be happy to talk to him and come up with the whole plan so that you can have a firm quote and we are all on the same page. I don't quote my prices on the internet but would be happy to tell you all of that and how to save money on the build if you call me.

We bore stock jugs to get to 107" and use Axtell pistons so I would need a set of cylinders from you or I can supply them for a little more

The 07 heads will work well.

I prefer the roller chain conversion to gear drive but with a new true crank you could run either. The conversion comes with the new higher volume HD oil pump as a bonus and is lower cost than gear drive.

I would call Hoban up and just buy a reworked CVO 4 3/8" crank from him with H beam rods all balanced trued and welded / plugged.

Cam, I mentioned one there are many other good ones that work with our heads.

Feel free to give me a call and we can discuss this.
Thanks Don
253-691-5893

Harleyrider_49

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »

Thanks again Don, for the reply , will definately give you a shout , is that a bus. #? guess I just need to know what time(s) are best to call. Recieved a Woods Catalogue in the mail Wed. an have been mull'n it over. Seems as you're familiar with John W, which is great ,just go'n by what I hear, an they say he's the best around my area(Memphis,IN) Thanks again, and will look forward to talk'n with ya

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.