Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Red Line .... You Guys were Right on  (Read 7533 times)

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
Re: Red Line .... You Guys were Right on
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 04:20:51 AM »

Put the shockproof in tranny monday, maybe have riden 40 miles, but man what a difference  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 09:31:36 AM »

OK after 41,000 miles I finally got the Redline products for the P & T. No more Belray!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 10:02:13 AM »

Hate to be the odd man out here, but in my stock 2010 Ultra I didn't notice any difference really. Used the same setup as Chip (SBB). The tranny is different in the 10 though. Smooth already and no 5th gear noise at all due to the new cut.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »

You go ahead and be the frob man out mr 2010 owner... :P  :orange:

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 11:06:26 AM »

YUP ! Throw me in on the Red Line accolades. Only thing with me is i am old school and it takes me a while to change my mind on certain things. That said, I still worry about topping off the engine oil when needed like on really long trips so rather than carry oil for that purpose i would rather stop and get Mobil1 V-Twin on the road. At some point in the future i may discover the futility of that method and cary Red Line around with me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As far as the Tranny and Primary oils.... WOW!  I was so impressed i immedietly drained my Shovelhead and replaced with Red Line! The only thing i noticed there i would change is use Light Weight ShockProof. The Old style Ratchet Top is a bit sluggish and it is too easy to hit the false neutral between 3rd and fouth. (OK .... don't give me grief about the Old School comparison !!!!)
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

mustysharley

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »

tomorrow is my big day. talked with Rocky Mount Harley and they are fine with me bringing the REDLINE PRODUCT. they have heard some good results with it, but haven't done any change outs themselves. i am doing the total package. it's 125 miles down there from my house and my lady and i plan on riding south from there, so it really should be a good breakin. i'll give y'all an update, when we get back
ride safe :bananarock:

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 07:28:14 AM »

I buy mine by the case also and save on shipping if you spend over a $100.00 Here.
https://www.ogracing.com/pages/Home

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »

You go ahead and be the frob man out mr 2010 owner... :P  :orange:

HAHA!

I didn't notice any temp changes either.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 08:34:15 AM »

Well I can say I have a totally different motorcycle since I put the Redline in. The clutch is awesome and the tranny shifts like butter!! I need to get re-trained riding Kasper because of the smooth clutch and Tranny!! ITS WAY TO EASY!!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »

I agree, changed mine over to Redline right before we went to Myrtle Beach last month, I'm sold on it, Appox. 850 miles of 70+ mph on the interstate and 2 or 300 miles running around the Grand Strand, did not use a drop of oil, Once the tranny warms up all but got rid of the clunk and the 5th gear whinning.

Think the first time i heard about Redline was in a post by SBB, So thanks man.  :2vrolijk_21:
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 09:08:34 AM »

I agree, changed mine over to Redline right before we went to Myrtle Beach last month, I'm sold on it, Appox. 850 miles of 70+ mph on the interstate and 2 or 300 miles running around the Grand Strand, did not use a drop of oil, Once the tranny warms up all but got rid of the clunk and the 5th gear whinning.

Think the first time i heard about Redline was in a post by SBB, So thanks man.  :2vrolijk_21:

Well, to give credit where credits due.
When "sadunbar" says he uses Redline I figure I have no choice.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »

Well, to give credit where credits due.
When "sadunbar" says he uses Redline I figure I have no choice.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

OK, Thanks sadunbar  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »

OK, religion, politics, and oil products are difficult topics to tackle.  I'm not from the "show me" state but show me.  Which motor oil gives me the best wear protection and cooler running temps :nixweiss:  Same for gear and crank case.  IMO all synthetics, ah...........................I'm going to do an extensive online search for unbiased, appropriate, real world test results.  Hell, I'm a doctor not an oil chemist  ;D
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »

MKW, I was just like you asking questions about different oils in my Primary and Tranny and all I kept getting was a picture of Redline products. I finally ordered the Redline Shockproof for the tranny and the Redline Primary fluid and now I don't have anymore questions. Best product I have ever used in the P & T. I do run Amsoil in my motor and I have been totally satisfied with that product also. Now I just ride and enjoy the Great Performance!! 8) 8)

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »

MKW, I was just like you asking questions about different oils in my Primary and Tranny and all I kept getting was a picture of Redline products. I finally ordered the Redline Shockproof for the tranny and the Redline Primary fluid and now I don't have anymore questions. Best product I have ever used in the P & T. I do run Amsoil in my motor and I have been totally satisfied with that product also. Now I just ride and enjoy the Great Performance!! 8) 8)

Thanks DESERTBEAR54.  After my initial break-in I'm going to run Redline in the primary and trans to compare.  Still considering other candidates for the motor.  More to follow.............................

Mark
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 22 queries.