Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remote Garage Door Opener  (Read 1410 times)

solo2racing

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 1990 FXSTS R.I.P.
Remote Garage Door Opener
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:34:27 PM »

I am trying to install the HD garage door opener and I am having a little bit of a problem and I am looking for a little confirmation prior to boxing the thing up.

I installed the the home part of the setup and pushed the "TEST" button as the instructions state. When I do this the little red light blinks, but the door doesn't open or close. The instructions do NOT state the what should happen when you push the button. But I am going to assume that the door should function just like as if I hit the normal garage door opener button.

I have wired it to the remote button both ways it can be wired (only 2 wires) and I have also tried it both ways it can be wired directly to the actually garage door opener. No matter how I wire it the light just blinks when I push the "TEST" button.

So either the thing only works when you activate it via the high-beam switch on the bike or the receiver HD sent me is trash... I am going with the receiver is trash....

Opinions??

Thanks,
Kevin...

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
Re: Remote Garage Door Opener
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »

:orange: Do a search in this forum " garage door opener"  and there is much information on the installation of thius unit.  hope this help you!  :orange:

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »

I dont have the harley one but have installed some remote systems.

Usually ther is a reciaver you plug into the AC and 2 wires from it to the opener. Once installed as you indicated you push the button on the reciever and it lights in programming mode.

Next you activate the transmitter (I'm assuming on the bike) and the light will blink or go out.
Then if you activate the transmitter again the door should function.

Hope it helps
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:29:19 PM »

If reading your message correctly you're expecting the button the receiver (the part attached to the motor inside the garage) to make the opener raise and lower the door.  If that's what you're expecting you're mistaken. 

The button on the receiver only puts the receiver in to training mode so it can learn your bike mounted transmitter.  The only up/down function for the garage door that is gained with the Harley system is the function you'll have from the bike saddle.

The two wires from the receiver are interchangeable as to how they mount on your door motor.  Either way is fine.  You just need to make sure you have them attached to the right pair of connections on your door motor.  If you're not sure short with a screwdriver across the pair of screws you think are correct.  If you're right the motor will engage.  If you're wrong nothing will happen but it won't hurt anything.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 06:43:34 PM »

If reading your message correctly you're expecting the button the receiver (the part attached to the motor inside the garage) to make the opener raise and lower the door.  If that's what you're expecting you're mistaken. 

The button on the receiver only puts the receiver in to training mode so it can learn your bike mounted transmitter.  The only up/down function for the garage door that is gained with the Harley system is the function you'll have from the bike saddle.

The two wires from the receiver are interchangeable as to how they mount on your door motor.  Either way is fine.  You just need to make sure you have them attached to the right pair of connections on your door motor.  If you're not sure short with a screwdriver across the pair of screws you think are correct.  If you're right the motor will engage.  If you're wrong nothing will happen but it won't hurt anything.

Thanks for the info. now I can go out and hook up my unit with out the manual !    :2vrolijk_21:

solo2racing

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 1990 FXSTS R.I.P.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »

If reading your message correctly you're expecting the button the receiver (the part attached to the motor inside the garage) to make the opener raise and lower the door.  If that's what you're expecting you're mistaken.  

The button on the receiver only puts the receiver in to training mode so it can learn your bike mounted transmitter.  The only up/down function for the garage door that is gained with the Harley system is the function you'll have from the bike saddle.

THANK YOU.. You stated what instructions do NOT say...  I didn't want to go thru the trouble of installing the thing on the bike if the receiver was trashed. But now I know door is not supposed to open when you push the "TEST" button as the instructions say.... So I can go install the rest of the system on the bike..... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU......

Kevin.....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:38:15 PM by solo2racing »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »

Thanks for the info. now I can go out and hook up my unit with out the manual !    :2vrolijk_21:

THANK YOU..  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU......

Kevin.....

Good luck getting them buttoned up guys :drink: .

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.