Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Local 110 build  (Read 11085 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Local 110 build
« on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »

A shop down in Lecanto Florida did this build ~~ Ironhorse Parts.  John Sachs did the heads.   Sure looks fun to ride.  Was just sent the dyno tonight.  

TC46 Wild Things
Hooker Step 2 into 2
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:45:30 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Local 110 build
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »

That's gonna be some ride :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »

just cams and pipes?  oh and a good tune?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 03:29:39 PM »

just cams and pipes?  oh and a good tune?

I wouldn't believe that for a minute! You're not going to get numbers like that with just cams and a pipe, I don't care how long you tune it. He said the heads were done and I'd say there's prolly some compression added too! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »

just cams and pipes?  oh and a good tune?

Sure plus good headwork and ~11/1 compression

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »

Dewey,

They didn't go for high compression as they dont want the issues associated with the heat and being at sea level here in Florida.  I am not sure what you are finding, but not everyone needs to use high compression to make horse power.  Sure big compression will make power, but there are consequences on parts such as Starters, ring gears, and the front connecting rods.   I have had a few and its not worth giving up the longevity imo.   Maybe fun, for the short term, but becomes like owning a boat a hole you just keep sinking money in. 

Happy New Year all,
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:45:23 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »

Dewey,

They didn't go for high compression as they dont want the issues associated with the heat and being at sea level here in Florida.  I am not sure what you are finding, but not everyone needs to use high compression to make horse power.  Sure big compression will make power, but there are consequences on parts such as Starters, ring gears, and the front connecting rods.   I have had a few and its not worth giving up the longevity imo.   Maybe fun, for the short term, but becomes like owning a boat a hole you just keep sinking money in. 

Happy New Year all,

What is the static and corrected CR for this motor? What pistons were used? THX

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »

Is that yours Harry?

I'd like to run that down the street and back. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »

JCZ,

It's not mine, my SEUC4 is still a virgin so to speak.  RoadGlide Air Cleaner, Catless Header, Fullsac's 2", TTS and dyno tune.   Actually thinking/considering selling it, having a lot of fun on the 05 SEEG.

I bet it would be fun to run down the road for sure.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »

Take note:
The dyno run has different scaling on the left and right sides, therefore the torque line and hp do not cross at 5,250 as they should. The run was done in STD, uncorrected. The HP peak number and TQ do not match the graph, if I am not mistaken???
No discredit to anyone PERIOD, I am sure this bike runs great, just some adjustments need to be made to the software to compare in a format we all use as the defacto standard, SAE corrected, same scales left and right sides.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »

Dewey,

You seem to be a pretty smart guy, you should know the numbers are the numbers, big deal they didnt print out the dyno sheet in forced scaling whoopie doo.   The only difference would be that they lines cross at 5200.   I posted this because a lot of people want to know what is possible out of a 110 motor without making it a full race motor at 200+ CCP with fast ramp early close cams.   Most of us want to enjoy the bikes not be rebuilding every season.

Dewey my recommendation is to get with the builder he has all the detailed information and maybe he will share it with you.  I just don't have all the details and rather than give mis information its best to go to the horses mouth.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:14 PM »

Often times I have said the numbers don't matter. I am sure these bikes run great. I would not be surprised however if the CCP is not at or near 200# to get that wide and high of a torque curve (I am complimenting the builder and head proter for job well done) but as you have stated it runs good and starts easy which makes sense using a cam with a 54° intake close. I am just curious so that I may learn more. I may be a smart guy but I am wide open to learning more all the time. Sharing information is how we do that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 10:24:40 AM by Deweysheads »

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »

While everyone drools at peak numbers, I am more concerned with the lack of info at 2000 rpm.  I see the shape of the torque curve at 2500 and I would not want that to be a daily driver. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 02:58:07 AM »

the numbers are the numbers, big deal

Than why bother posting them?

These weird dyno sheets have been posted before (by Harry at least once).  They're just entertainment. 

Even less worth than a "good" dyno sheet that adheres to commonly accepted standards and norms.  With all the variants that can go in to their production even the "good" sheets are good for little more than comparing curve shapes and ogling over beer. 

If the "good" sheets aren't worth any more than that fear not.  Sheets that beg questions by their very presentation still have a purpose.  On a roll  :toilet: .

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 12:55:27 PM »

Don,

The numbers are correct, but becuase the lines dont cross where you would like to see them doesnt make them not right.  Because the picture isnt what YOU want makes them no less valuable to someone looking at what a combination in a 110 does.  If there was a defacto standard we would only see one printout from everyone it isnt the case, so get off your soap box.

I put it up here for people to look at as a post for someone considering upgrading a motor nothing more.   It isn't my bike, but thought for the community it was worth sharing.   If you dont like it dont read it and consider it the roll you mention.

If someone is interested they can contact the shop or the porter he frequents here, just doesnt troll like some others.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.