Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Local 110 build  (Read 11089 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Local 110 build
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2010, 02:10:51 PM »

If anyone has the interest here is a post that spans 20+ pages on dynos and the legitimacy of the numbers.
There is some good data there for someone that wants to learn if you separate the wheat from the chaff.
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/twin-cam-engine-mods/118100-doc-response-your-last-post-deleted.html

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »

Kinda shows ya what happens when the dyno is being used as a marketing tool instead of a tuning tool like it was intended to be. If it were used as a true tuning tool only, there'd be a scale with NO numbers at all. Then it would only be about the tool and tune, and not about the "bragging rights" at all! I like the Factory Pro used with an EGA!!! :2vrolijk_21:

FTN!!! ;)

Factory Pro

You can tell Springer about my plug if ya want Don! ::) ;D

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »

going blind here. what is the issue. So what the sheet was not posted the way one person would like to see it. This has been beat to death in the past on way too many sites.  Reading through all of this it would seem that the build is being called BS in a round about way.  The power made with that is not out of the normal range. We just did a 110 B motor with a 54 cam mild clean up on the heads. ( no issues with anything the MOCO installed, no loose guides or seats) quick cut on the heads installed a 54 cam. Bike is making 112/119. Easy basic build. No need for a narrow early closing cam, or pushing high CCP numbers.   ::)

By the way how you doing unbalanced?? been a while.

BTW, how ya doing Steve?! Happy New Year to ya man!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2010, 02:27:03 PM »

But the main thing you forget or overlooked about that entire thread was this.  Since the main core of that thread was about a build Hillside did and JOE tuned was this.....Joe did not print the conditions at time of tune  & that was uncorrected. That is not the case here the sheet is in STD and has the weather conditions on it when it was tuned. ( do the math and you have the figures everything is there that you need)  This sheet is not crushed and put into 3 parts to hide any dips as sheets from that tuner have been in the past. Nothing is hidden , I have printed sheets that have not been in forced scaling. Whoops  :2vrolijk_21: easy to reset that and re print.

IS that really the big deal here a sheet that was in STD ( by the way countless shop show sheets this way) and it was not in forced scale.  

Don't take this to heart Don but you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Point of this thread in the start was to show that there are very simple ways to make respectable power with out getting out of hand budget wise. The build did just that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:32:18 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »

I am doing as well as can be.  Happy that 2009 is over..  ;)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »

making a mountain out of a mole hill

Not I, I know the software and know it is a few mouse clicks away from being SAE and force scaled.
I made the point only, and I have to repeat this again, just to show that there was a discrepancy, and at the same time showed respect to the builder and owner, or so I thought.

Oh to heck with it, I am disturbed that I appear to have alienated John Sachs which was not intended.

I am done
I won't bother with this any longer.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »

STD non force

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »

std forced

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »

GMR,

But the numbers are the same>?>?   wow all over a non pretty picture yet the data is valid

Thanks for posting those up, maybe now it can be put to rest as tommy said its beating a dead horse, although someone will still take issue that the numbers dont cross at 5250 again big whoop yet here you proved the numbers are the numbers when then run data is there to validate it.

Too bad your near 6000 ft above sea level, when you building that pressurized booth to handle that correction factor   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

You know even if were to you build it you will still get chit for over pressurizing it.

Thanks and Happy New Year.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Harleyrider_49

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2010, 09:03:03 PM »

WOWWWWWW!!!!!!! Man , this has really stirred up some C H I T ! ! I have looked at this cam for awhile, and was want'n to use it myself, and had asked about it here on this forum. Are'nt they the Wild Things TC46G? Anyway, got my best advice here from Don(deweysheads) and also talked to him about my build,anyway, sheet or no sheet, glad someone is see'n some outstand'n #'s from this grind,but sorry to see the thread has stirred up so much "CHIT"! ! Still plan on "Do'n the Deuce" but , with bad economic times , it'll have to wait a bit longer :-\

FATHERTIME

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2005 HARLEY DAVIDSON B.F.T.
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »

You said you were watching this, so I thought I'd jump in. Joined this evening, looks good to me. I think I can get alot of answers here. I'll talk to ya later.

Tom149

• 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate, 107CI
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 98' Fatboy 95th Anniversary Edition - Wife's Ride
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2010, 08:13:58 PM »

I'd like to see a SAE corrected Dyno Sheet!    ;D

Tom
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:36:15 PM by Tom149 »
Tom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.